R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM   #331

Maby to cool the endbell better?
Suradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 08:50 PM   #332
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The 415 looks like it will be more balanced with the motor further from the centre as a result of the cells been down the right side.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:53 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally posted by disaster999
man..it cost a lot...88 bucks????
besides, my stupid dvd rom is weird...i never changed the region on my dvd..and i cant play any region 2 dvd anymore now
There was also a $42.47 set but it is still code 2.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:21 PM   #334
Tech Adept

Default Hmmm....

Wonder how much 415 cost.....Anyone noes??
stratuskyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:21 PM   #335
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally posted by stratuskyo
Hmm I wonder if .... nevermind. Just scroll down.

Battle Royal? Man I need to watch that soon. Kinda hard to find here in the States, most of it is the animated version which is still cool
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 10:32 PM   #336
Tech Master

Default Re: Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally posted by stratuskyo
prob about USD500 ???
horniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 06:29 AM   #337
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

If the motor was more centered, it would not balance the weight of the battery. Remember the problems on the TB Evo I and II, the TC3 and so, the chassis have more weight on the battery side.

Also, the architecture of the drive train don't allow that much possibilities for the motor if they want the front belt centered...

The car seems better balanced to me than even the Evo 3, as the pack is more centered. Sure it will be fast, but bet T-Boned and you can say bye bye to your motor.

Oh an the car is scheduled o be 59800 Y
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 07:07 AM   #338
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Balance is good...

I agree that the balance should be very good on this car. 2 GP3300 cells weigh about as much as a typical motor ... I don't think Tamiya designed this without extensive thought on the mass balance.

Also if you move the mass further out (within reason and evenly left to right) you should get better turn-in due to slightly more chassis roll. Add a roll bar and you will be able to fine tune it to your liking ...

As for getting T-Boned ... it shouldn't be a problem to make (from scratch or aftermarket) a carbon plate nerf bar for the motor. That would keep those pesky crashers from trashing the motor/mount/spur/belt/car ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200
If the motor was more centered, it would not balance the weight of the battery. Remember the problems on the TB Evo I and II, the TC3 and so, the chassis have more weight on the battery side.

Also, the architecture of the drive train don't allow that much possibilities for the motor if they want the front belt centered...

The car seems better balanced to me than even the Evo 3, as the pack is more centered. Sure it will be fast, but bet T-Boned and you can say bye bye to your motor.

YoKoMo-MX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:26 AM   #339
Tom
Tech Regular

On the top view picture of karn's car at the reedy race, they could mil the motor plate so the motor sits more towards the battery, and run the pinion back wards (toothed side towards motor can and screw side towards battery). However this would make it harder to tighten as the screw would be in line with the belt, and you would have to watch the motor shaft hitting the battery, but the centred mass would make even a little movement better.

Centred mass is the key to these cars, just look at what honda did to the RCV(moto GP bike 2 time world champ from 2 years).

Centred mass means lower roll centres, softer springs ect... this is because the wieght has less leaver affect then if the wieght was out wide.

Quote:
Also if you move the mass further out (within reason and evenly left to right) you should get better turn-in due to slightly more chassis roll. Add a roll bar and you will be able to fine tune it to your liking ...
more chassis roll? i dont agree, i would rather have less and run softer springs giveing better forward/aft traction (accelerating/breaking)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=583371
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 06:01 AM   #340
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
On the top view picture of karn's car at the reedy race, they could mil the motor plate so the motor sits more towards the battery, and run the pinion back wards (toothed side towards motor can and screw side towards battery). However this would make it harder to tighten as the screw would be in line with the belt, and you would have to watch the motor shaft hitting the battery, but the centred mass would make even a little movement better.

Centred mass is the key to these cars, just look at what honda did to the RCV(moto GP bike 2 time world champ from 2 years).

Centred mass means lower roll centres, softer springs ect... this is because the wieght has less leaver affect then if the wieght was out wide.

more chassis roll? i dont agree, i would rather have less and run softer springs giveing better forward/aft traction (accelerating/breaking)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=583371

softer springs would not increase acceleration it would decrease it b/cthe springs are absorbing power which can go to the wheels.
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 05:54 AM   #341
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra81li200

I think saddle pack is still the best balance configuration. But the car looks very promising...
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 08:22 AM   #342
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by trf racer
softer springs would not increase acceleration it would decrease it b/cthe springs are absorbing power which can go to the wheels.
Not really, unless the chassis can go down as much as it wants, even under the floor... And the mass transfer will produce indeed more traction, but also a less responsive car.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:23 AM   #343
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I think saddle pack is still the best balance configuration. But the car looks very promising...
I never said it was better than saddle pack... But there is better than saddle pack...
Old 11-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #344

"Rumour has it, that the new TRF 415 is not designed in house by Tamiya itself but by Tech who's been quite successfull during the last couple of seasons."

I like a car that is all built by one company.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #345
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From what I have heard the TRF 415 was designed by Tamiya with Tech Racing and Team Atlas involved. And this seems to be not the first time.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote