Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Try Hard, I dont suppose you could post a setup for the 415 at don valley cound you? Cus im racing the junior national there in october and will have my 415 by then.
Cheers Phil C
Old 08-21-2004, 11:03 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TryHard
I have tried it on a tight indoor track, but with rubber tyres. I found that AE blue springs, and Tam whites on the rear, with medium sway bar on the front worked well. Cambers were 1.5 all round, with 5mm front and 5.5mm rear ride heights, droop at 3mm front and 5mm rear (using Yokomo gauge). Had B/D blocks on the rear (2deg toe total), and D/D on the front (0deg toe total).
All the camber links etc were as per the suspension instructions, except I'm running 0.7mm spacers under the front suspension block at the front, giving a bit of anti dive.

I was using Sorex 24R's, with med JB foam inserts, and Xray wheels (borrowed set from a fellow racer). However there was a lot of grip, as we had 1:12th cars running at the same time. In fact it was too much for my PitD20 narrow wets (what I usually run on the carpet), they were squealling all over the place, and whilst having massive grip to start, had overheated within about 3laps, and just had nothing left.

Anyway hope it helps.
Ed
Old 08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cheers for that s2, however......

This week at DV I tried out my spool, so the setup was quite a bit different. Also bear in mind I'm using the lightweight 415 arm set, so could be different for std arms.
What I found was quite good was Med (yellow) springs all round, Red (soft) roll bars F&R, and the front upper shock mount in one hole (hole #2). One thing to bare in mind though is that I don't (yet) have any tuned springs to play with (bloody hobby co.), so instead of fiddling with the roll bars i would probably change the springs first. With the one ways, I would run harder front than rear, as I've found the spool tends to need a little more front end. Actually empahised by tonight at dronfield (indoor polished floor), where I actually took the front roll bar off, and it was even faster....

Everything else is as per the above setup, except tyres, which were (unsuprisingly) HPI 1540's, with JB blue foam inserts.

However DV is a very odd surface, it's usually an indoor running track, so can have very little grip to begin with, and suddenly rubber in lots, or have grip from the begining. Sometimes it doesn't even rubber in, which is really strange.
Be wary of the section that covers the sand trap, it's always slippy, and a nightmare when only part of it is on the track.... plus its always useully at the end of a straight.... 2
Old 08-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Unhappy Help! I think I'm screwed!!!

I wanted to adjust the tension on the front belt when I started to remove the screws from underneath the front bulkhead. Got one off then I ended up stripping the other 3.

Any good ideas on how I should go about this before I break something?

Old 08-22-2004, 01:45 AM

Do you have Hudy tools? I can always take out stripped screws(caused by other tools) out using Hudy.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Addict

No but, hopefully a set of Tamiya tools will be in my possesion soon.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:48 AM

Tamiya tools are kindna soft alum.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:49 AM

BTW, is 415 have front diff yet? I think I might get this car.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

No Tamiya front diff that I know of yet. Though it has been tried by a member using Yokomo and Tamiya parts.

The 415 is an excellent car
Old 08-22-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Help! I think I'm screwed!!!

Originally posted by Runin Ronin
I wanted to adjust the tension on the front belt when I started to remove the screws from underneath the front bulkhead. Got one off then I ended up stripping the other 3.

I had the same problem, in the end I spent £12 on a dremel tungensten carbide tool bit, which is shaped to be able to to drill them out without damaging the chassis. If fact it works very well. Just make sure you leave engouh to get the rest of the screw out of the bulkhead.....
Old 08-22-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Help! I think I'm screwed!!!

Originally posted by Runin Ronin

The best tips is use an dremel with an dremel cut-off wheel for make an slit at the middle of your screw, warning at no touch your chassis. And with an simple flat screw driver you should be able remove your screw.

Good Luck

Yann.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Excuse Me, TryHard.
I had not see you reply, when i post mine.

Yann.
Old 08-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Neosaka
Excuse Me, TryHard.
I had not see you reply, when i post mine.

Yann.
Hey don't worry about it, great minds think alike and all that
Old 08-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TryHard

However DV is a very odd surface, it's usually an indoor running track, so can have very little grip to begin with, and suddenly rubber in lots, or have grip from the begining. Sometimes it doesn't even rubber in, which is really strange.
Be wary of the section that covers the sand trap, it's always slippy, and a nightmare when only part of it is on the track.... plus its always useully at the end of a straight.... 2
Yea ive raced there before just not with a 415. I found it to be very grippy with 1540's. Althought thats probabily cause im used to a low grip carpet track.
Ill probabily be running a spool so ill give your setup a go.
Cheers Phil.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

as to making a diff/spool youl need

yokomo outdrive set for mr4tc and use the front set.
diff pulley for 415 and a bering that goes inside the diff.
that is all you need for a spool.
for a diff the same parts above but also 8 3mm balls, yokomo pressure plates,m2 locknut ,2*25 bolt?,thrust washer and nut holder.
then u should be sorted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.