R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #3166
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

i agree... it was well packaged. huge box with a ton of newspaper around it. i wish i had ordered some spares for the Evo too ... fraid ill break something! i was gonna order the LW suspension kit for my 415, maybe use it for spares instead. i guess in a pinch, i could swap it back to the old setup...
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:43 PM   #3167
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
battery holder

will TAMIYA be coming up with a battery holder for the 415? some sort of a hop-up maybe
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:25 PM   #3168
Tech Regular
 
AlanLim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 316
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TryHard
I have got a spool, but haven't tried it yet, been waiting on the locked centre pulley to arrive, which it now has (along with low fricition belts). I'm going to try it in a little while, indoors on a rather low grip surface, but this weekend I'm racing indoors on carpet, and am very happy with the handling of the car with one ways in, so I'll leave it as is for now. (plus this weekend we've got 12th cars running too, so the grip is really going to shot up)

Ed
All fast guys at our track run only spools - TC3, XXX-S, EVOIII. And recently one guy just replaced his oneway with spool on 415 and he is a lot faster with stable laptimes. I'm getting a new 415 soon so I better do some research on this.
Keep me posted when you test your spool. THANKS....
AlanLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:26 PM   #3169
Tech Apprentice
 
R32GTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 81
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does the 415 come standard with a front one-way, or is it an hop-up?
__________________
"Speed has never killed anyone - suddenly becoming stationary....... That's what gets you!"
R32GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #3170
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: battery holder

Quote:
Originally posted by buboy28
will TAMIYA be coming up with a battery holder for the 415? some sort of a hop-up maybe
Tamiya did come out with a optional chassis for stick packs for the 415. Not sure what the part number is but you can find it on Tamiya's web site.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:33 PM   #3171
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by R32GTR
Does the 415 come standard with a front one-way, or is it an hop-up?
415 comes with one-way only. neither spool nor diff are available even as an option.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #3172
Tech Regular
 
Paul_Kultcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
415 comes with one-way only. neither spool nor diff are available even as an option.
You can order a Spool for the TRF415 from www.Speedtechrc.com
It's made by EP4.....I have one and I know several other people with one.

Tamiya also makes a locked Centre pulley now and it should be in the USA soon - so you can remove the layshaft centre one-way and replace the one-way up front with the EP4 spool.

Also there are two ways you can get a diff for the front. IF you read back through this thread you can make one from Yokomo parts...or you can order custom made, blue anodized diff halfs from Germany (I have these two and they are sweet ).
Paul_Kultcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #3173
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Hi Jeff how did your Evo IV perform yesterday at SoCal did it give you any problems
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #3174
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul_Kultcha
You can order a Spool for the TRF415 from www.Speedtechrc.com
It's made by EP4.....I have one and I know several other people with one.

Tamiya also makes a locked Centre pulley now and it should be in the USA soon - so you can remove the layshaft centre one-way and replace the one-way up front with the EP4 spool.

Also there are two ways you can get a diff for the front. IF you read back through this thread you can make one from Yokomo parts...or you can order custom made, blue anodized diff halfs from Germany (I have these two and they are sweet ).
Thanks Paul, I know. I was just saying it's not available from Tamiya as hop ups.

To add to your comments, a front alumnium spool and alumnium diff outdrives are available from this guy Jürgen in Germany. Very high quality stuff and a nice guy to deal with.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 11:58 PM   #3175
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FW05R
Hi Jeff how did your Evo IV perform yesterday at SoCal did it give you any problems
I hit a guy standing inside the track during practice and stripped my spur gear. Other than that I had no problems. The car ran great and I TQed and won last night in stock.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 12:01 AM   #3176
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
I hit a guy standing inside the track during practice and stripped my spur gear. Other than that I had no problems. The car ran great and I TQed and won last night in stock.
LOL you hit a person?

Anyway Congrats on the TQ and win you have some awesome cars
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:52 AM   #3177
Tech Addict
 
stonedgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 699
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Just borrowed a 415 from a friend to try out. I have a couple of questions.

1. what is the internal ratio
2. are the front blocks both 1d
3. does 1A - 1B blocks in the rear = to 2 degree total toe?

What's a good starting set-up for asphalt?

If this thing drives better than my EVO3s...I'll convert.


Thanks
__________________
Team Powers | ORCA | OD 12 Racing | NorCal Hobbies | JWerks | Sonic Racing | Team Gayzer | AYO Racing | Team Hastings | Uncle Larry Concepts | Moonlight Toys
stonedgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:40 AM   #3178
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedgti
Just borrowed a 415 from a friend to try out. I have a couple of questions.

1. what is the internal ratio
2. are the front blocks both 1d
3. does 1A - 1B blocks in the rear = to 2 degree total toe?

What's a good starting set-up for asphalt?

If this thing drives better than my EVO3s...I'll convert.


Thanks
1. 2.1875
2. yes, though many changed to 1C & 1A for more on power steering
3. if you have the stock plastic rear upright (2 degree), 1A & 1B give you 2.5 degrees. but if you have the optional alumnium upright (1 degree), 1A & 1B give you 1.5 degrees. however, if you have 1A & 1B in the rear you are running narrower rear than the stock setup, which uses 1D in the rear instead of 1B.

The kit stock setup is good for asphalt.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:58 AM   #3179
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by g4t2
Peter, ok not to worry, I will try to get a B+B as close as possible to the track and get taxis, should be fine. Do we have to bring our own roof to pit under? Sorry for all the Qs, I only normally race indoors on carpet...lol
the track doesnt have any covered pits so some kinda roof would be advisable to protect from rain/sun.
__________________
Tamiya
Much More Racing
LRP electronic
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #3180
Tech Master
 
Fatboy Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coming soooooon
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin

2. yes, though many changed to 1C & 1A for more on power steering
HI, technically, what does it do to the car's front end to make it have more On-Power steering? Thanks
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net