R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2004, 05:05 PM   #2806
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Standing the shocks up will make the car more responsive and the chassis will take a "set" going into corners more quickly. Try standing them up and then...go down in dampening if you feel like it. Also, during the Reedy Race, the TRF drivers had an extra set of holes drilled into their rear shock towers. This added some steering but suprisingly did not take away any stability out of the rear. I have a set but have not used it or found a situtation that would justify me gluing/sanding/polishing the tower...yet

Contrary to popular belief (and I know I'm going to get some "wtf?'s" for this one) reducing the number of spacers under the front inner camber link CAN give you more steering. The increased camber rate offsets the roll center change to a certain extent, giving you more "steering".

Edit: Also, you didn't mention your downtravel/droop settings. These can play a vital role in how your car behaves, coming in and exiting a corner. Does your car have an overall push or only under certain instances.

Another Edit: You can flip your C1 and C2 around. That will give you MAD steering...personally, I don't do this
Hello Rod,

What does flipping the C1 and C2 around actually do? Does it just alter the bumpsteer and ackerman a bit to make it more responsive?

-Korey
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:09 PM   #2807
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Dave
Thanks for the information.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 05:23 PM   #2808
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Dave
Thanks for the information.
No problem.. I hope to have some pics up in a bit
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:26 PM   #2809
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sushi Boy
Hello Rod,

What does flipping the C1 and C2 around actually do? Does it just alter the bumpsteer and ackerman a bit to make it more responsive?

-Korey
Yes, and how do you know which side you put each one on to do what? As in, if I put the C1 block on the left side of the car, will that give tons of steering? Or the other way around.
Thanks,
Mike
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #2810
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

im not sure which affects which, but i just looked, and 4 of the 5 i run have the C1 on the right... and the one with the C2 on the right is the 414, which seems to have more steering than the 415 or evo at the moment. 'course, it could be totally in the setup! basically, i think it changes the roll center, since the bearing hole is offset, as in closer to one end of the knuckle.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #2811
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default Edited Set-up sheet

Alright guys, I did this for myself, but figured I would post it on here if you guys might want it. All I did was scan the sheet that comes with the kit, then edit it in photoshop to my liking. You will see the changes, but all I did was take out the Japanese(?) writing so it is easier for me american to find the english words. Then I added in a little section for the aluminum rear hubs, for degree setting, and camber link position. Also moved some things to add a second line in the memo section . Anyways, have at it, and let me know what you think.
-Mike

P.S. It should be the correct size for printing onto a full sheet of paper, but dont hold me to it, because I have not tested printing it yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blankfinal-lowqual.jpg (190.5 KB, 142 views)
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:42 PM   #2812
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyadriver
im not sure which affects which, but i just looked, and 4 of the 5 i run have the C1 on the right... and the one with the C2 on the right is the 414, which seems to have more steering than the 415 or evo at the moment. 'course, it could be totally in the setup! basically, i think it changes the roll center, since the bearing hole is offset, as in closer to one end of the knuckle.
hmmm, I just looked and my car has C2 on the left...
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:45 PM   #2813
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

yea, the manual gives that setup. i have swapped them around some. could be maybe why the 414 seems better into corners than the 415... i need to swap on it and recheck tomorrow. ill post what i find without any other changes.
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #2814
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Edited Set-up sheet

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Alright guys, I did this for myself, but figured I would post it on here if you guys might want it. All I did was scan the sheet that comes with the kit, then edit it in photoshop to my liking. You will see the changes, but all I did was take out the Japanese(?) writing so it is easier for me american to find the english words. Then I added in a little section for the aluminum rear hubs, for degree setting, and camber link position. Also moved some things to add a second line in the memo section . Anyways, have at it, and let me know what you think.
-Mike

P.S. It should be the correct size for printing onto a full sheet of paper, but dont hold me to it, because I have not tested printing it yet.
Looks nice Mike
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:49 PM   #2815
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Thanks Dave,
Always nice to have the Master's approval .
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 PM   #2816
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyadriver
yea, the manual gives that setup. i have swapped them around some. could be maybe why the 414 seems better into corners than the 415... i need to swap on it and recheck tomorrow. ill post what i find without any other changes.
Ya, I think I may try that also, that along with the other 92,123,521,768,386,734,837,683,728,847,187 things
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #2817
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Thanks Dave,
Always nice to have the Master's approval .
Master far from it but thanks..
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:55 PM   #2818
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

i have been called the master... usually followed with a Baiter...
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #2819
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

ahahahahah ahahahahahaha.

I just printed it, it fit kinda funky, I will make the propper adjustments and re-post my setup sheet
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #2820
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
ahahahahah ahahahahahaha.

I just printed it, it fit kinda funky, I will make the propper adjustments and re-post my setup sheet
yes please do that
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net