R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #2461
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Quote:
Originally posted by JRRobiso

THE END!!!!!

Oh! one more thing, why is it becoming a big concern anyway? Regardless what body you use in a race, if you don't have the car set-up properly (w/c is what we need to get posted on this thread --- RROC'04 setup), what we're trying to confirm here (what body is it???) is pointless & senseless.
Why are you so worked up about this? No, I do not own or have ever owned a Tamiya 415, yet alone any Tamiya, so maybe I shouldn't be posting in this thread, OK. Although, I am asking about a part of a car run by a Tamiya driver, and figured that you all (guys who run the same car) would be able to answer my question, what body is Surikarn running? It has been answered and I thank those who answered me correctly, you know who you are. But, I am really wondering why it seems that you are making this into some big deal, even though it was a simple question, and all these guys are doing is helping a fellow "R/C-er". Also, no it is not senseless and pointless to be asking what body he was running, because if you knew anything about aerodynamics, you would know that the body is the only thing (along with the underside of the chassis) that affects the aerodynamics, and that the body is one of the most effective tuning features in sedan racing, being that there are so many to choose from. Try to make a Mini-cooper handle right and be able to keep up with a regular sedan, it is quite hard.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #2462
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to ngo8

yep he is right ever run a car with out a body ? it feels worthless so yeah the body is very important good point misfitz.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:33 PM   #2463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

protofrom site also has ryan cavalieri as using a mazda six.. photos on the losi site seem to beg to differ (photos show losi alfa).

but back to the 415- how tight are people running the belts in mod?... feeling wise as the number of clicks will differ between belts as they stretch etc.
tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:45 PM   #2464
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tones
protofrom site also has ryan cavalieri as using a mazda six.. photos on the losi site seem to beg to differ (photos show losi alfa).

but back to the 415- how tight are people running the belts in mod?... feeling wise as the number of clicks will differ between belts as they stretch etc.
As loose as possible without slipping.. If brand new there would be in neutral or 1 click maximum.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:59 PM   #2465
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Exclamation Misunderstood

Hello Mike. My apologies if my last posting was misunderstood. It was really in response to KiwiKid's inq. as to why I'm so certain that it was a RIDE Stratus body that Surikarn used. I'm totally w/you that the body does play an important role in the aerodynamics of the car, and I didn't mean for it to sound like it was less important. My point however in the thread of conversation is that, it just doesn't seem important to me as to who made the Dodge Stratus body ... but that the body you are using, no matter what is, meets regulations.

I was simply hoping that by finally clarifying what Surikarn was using, we could all proceed to another topic. Again, my apologies as it was not my intention to offend.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #2466
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

damn!!! I drilled the holes out for the downstops on my arms and accidently drilled all the way through one side

Do I need to by new arms or can I get away with something different? Maybe a imperial screw size or something?

Lycan
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 02:25 AM   #2467
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Lycan
damn!!! I drilled the holes out for the downstops on my arms and accidently drilled all the way through one side

Do I need to by new arms or can I get away with something different? Maybe a imperial screw size or something?

Lycan
You probably could get away with a bigger screw. But the arms are not expensive (perhaps $10) you might as well get new ones.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:05 AM   #2468
s2
Tech Adept

Sorry if this has been asked already, but....

the double 1-way (layshaft and diff) on the 415, what does this do, i would of thought the 1way layshaft wouldnot be needed when running a 1way diff, the only tiny advantage i can think of is theres a tiny bit less friction/drag on the belts???

im kinda confused about the whole thing
s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 05:26 AM   #2469
Tech Addict

my appologizes if this has been asked as well.

does anyone know if the belt tensioner have been released?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:32 AM   #2470
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racer

does anyone know if the belt tensioner have been released?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Nope not yet...look for it around the end of July here in Japan
-Dave
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 07:00 AM   #2471
jpn
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys! While the 415 is a great car, my main problem with it is the the rear ball diff is not very well protected from dirt and dust thus it feels rough after just a few runs. Anyone agree with me? And anyone have a solution for this? Would the X-ray sealed diffs fit the 415?

HIROBO EAGLE3 SWM Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Freya EX2 Y.S.91 SR - HIROBO Turbulence D3 90 O.S.91HZ - HIROBO LEPTON - ALIGN Trex 600N PRO Novarossi C50-H2 - COPTER X V2 - Futaba 12MZH
jpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #2472
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jpn
Hi guys! While the 415 is a great car, my main problem with it is the the rear ball diff is not very well protected from dirt and dust thus it feels rough after just a few runs. Anyone agree with me? And anyone have a solution for this? Would the X-ray sealed diffs fit the 415?
i disagree that the diffs are rough after a couple of runs.
my 414 diffs can run up to 5-6 race meetings.
i should imagine it would be the sameas the 415 as i havent hit the track with the 415 yet!
i dont know weather the x-race diffs will fit,but was are there advantage over the original 415's?you may be able to put the labrynth [sp] covers on the original diff.i dont know.
i would just use the standard diff as norm.
also anyone seen surikarns car with the white outdrives?there the same as the evo3!
why is he using them over the black ones?lighter?
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:23 AM   #2473
Tech Regular

stronger , lighter
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 AM   #2474
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Evo_Uk
stronger , lighter
what the white ones are stronger the the black ones and lighter?
Futaba
Speedtechrc
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 08:29 AM   #2475
Tech Regular

white are stronger and lighter, made of delrin, correct me if im wrong
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote