Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 06-06-2004, 12:32 AM
  #2446  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
dsrbltoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 890
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

After some more inspection I do not believe it to be a protoform body, most of the new bodies from them have the part number in the windshield. It may be under some of those stickers. But I think it may have been the new HPI AERO 2 body. I think it is a different wing, as the HPI rear wing has the Gurny flap on it
dsrbltoys is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 01:04 AM
  #2447  
V12
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally posted by dsrbltoys
After some more inspection I do not believe it to be a protoform body, most of the new bodies from them have the part number in the windshield. It may be under some of those stickers. But I think it may have been the new HPI AERO 2 body. I think it is a different wing, as the HPI rear wing has the Gurny flap on it
Just looked at the HPI Aero2 body but it canīt be the one Surikarn was using. Look at the rear part of the roof and side window. At that place the Aero 2 looks very different more like a Stratus 1.
I still think itīs a Ride MK III and Rod posted above it was a Ride ... according to a Tamiya employee.
V12 is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 01:25 AM
  #2448  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

id guess it to be a Ride also... 2 reasons.
1) the front molded indentions for the grill stickers arent there like the Proto....

2) as i remember, Surikarn is sponsored by Ride, no?

either way, looks real nice, whatever it is!
Turbonium is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 05:45 AM
  #2449  
Tech Regular
 
KiwiKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 458
Default Its a PROTOFORM stratus 2.0

Check out their website at www.prolineracing.com under the Reedy results.

They confirm that it was a protoform body.

Hope this ends the speculation as I'm sure Protoform aren't going to lie on their website unless they want to be sued by RIDE.
KiwiKid is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 06:36 AM
  #2450  
V12
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Its a PROTOFORM stratus 2.0

Originally posted by KiwiKid
Check out their website at www.prolineracing.com under the Reedy results.

They confirm that it was a protoform body.

Hope this ends the speculation as I'm sure Protoform aren't going to lie on their website unless they want to be sued by RIDE.
You really believe advertising always tells the truth?
V12 is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 06:45 AM
  #2451  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 1,244
Default Re: Re: Its a PROTOFORM stratus 2.0

Originally posted by V12
You really believe advertising always tells the truth?
yeah what people say there using can be different to what there actually using,but i dont think surikarn or protoform would lie about a body.
trf racer is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 07:30 AM
  #2452  
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Default

Based on the previous pages of this thread re what body Surikarn was using and also pages of pictures from RROC'04........ THE BODY IS NO DOUBT A DODGE STRATUS BODY!!!!!! AND THE BODY IS MADE BY RIDE!!!!!!!

THE END!!!!!

Oh! one more thing, why is it becoming a big concern anyway? Regardless what body you use in a race, if you don't have the car set-up properly (w/c is what we need to get posted on this thread --- RROC'04 setup), what we're trying to confirm here (what body is it???) is pointless & senseless.
JRRobiso is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 08:02 AM
  #2453  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ridin my Harley
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Even if it is a Ride body its not legal in the U.S.
Adam Hartzell is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 08:18 AM
  #2454  
Tech Regular
 
KiwiKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SG
Posts: 458
Default

I don't have any doubts that it is a Stratus body - I just don't see why you are so certain that it is made by Ride. No one in this thread has put forward any credible evidence to suggest that it is anything other than a protoform body given that Protoform have stated so themselves.

Why is it such a bid concern? Who knows ... what is evident is that there have been approximately 50 posts on this subject so obviously there are people who care which brand the body is.



Originally posted by JRRobiso
Based on the previous pages of this thread re what body Surikarn was using and also pages of pictures from RROC'04........ THE BODY IS NO DOUBT A DODGE STRATUS BODY!!!!!! AND THE BODY IS MADE BY RIDE!!!!!!!

THE END!!!!!

Oh! one more thing, why is it becoming a big concern anyway? Regardless what body you use in a race, if you don't have the car set-up properly (w/c is what we need to get posted on this thread --- RROC'04 setup), what we're trying to confirm here (what body is it???) is pointless & senseless.
KiwiKid is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 09:17 AM
  #2455  
Tech Regular
 
Aurra Sing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posts: 462
Default

[edit]Nevermind[/edit]

BTW it's a Stratus 2.0
Aurra Sing is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 09:31 AM
  #2456  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,978
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You guys can believe what you will and agree to disagree until your blue in the face but what I posted earlier was straight from the horses mouth about what body was used. I just looked at the protoform website and there were a number of mistakes on the sponsor sheet...A body can only do so much, what's more important is the setup. Unfortunately, he was using Evo4 components so a setup may not transfer very well to our cars without those bits and pieces.
rtypec is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 09:32 AM
  #2457  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

go Rod! the info man!!!

i agree.. its prolly gotten more "airtime" than it should...

the people that saw it in person got a better look, but if you pick up a 2.0, on the front there are lines molded into it where you put grill stickers. i can see his has a painted grill, but you should still be able to see the indentions... maybe its just the pic, tho.

plus, i thought he was sponsored by Ride. but then again, im not sure thse are ROAR legal, like stated above... somebody call him!!!
Turbonium is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
  #2458  
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Default

Originally posted by KiwiKid
I don't have any doubts that it is a Stratus body - I just don't see why you are so certain that it is made by Ride. No one in this thread has put forward any credible evidence to suggest that it is anything other than a protoform body given that Protoform have stated so themselves.

Why is it such a bid concern? Who knows ... what is evident is that there have been approximately 50 posts on this subject so obviously there are people who care which brand the body is.
Here's you're answer:
http://www.f1rl.com/001japan/DSC07754.JPG
http://www.team-td.net/gallery/gl57m.gif

The 1st link was taken by Steve of SpeedTechRC who was at the Tamiya Japan Hobby Show last month.

The 2nd link is from the website Team-TD where in the other TRF Driver from Japan represents. The body they have or what they normally use is made by RIDE.

I have nothing else to add/say. As far as everybody is concerned and also according to Rod C. with his info from the Tamiya representative @ the RROC'04 confirmed it was a Stratus Body by RIDE.
JRRobiso is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 11:08 AM
  #2459  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: coventry
Posts: 24
Default brca modified nationals

does anyone know that the brca mod nats were won by a guy using a trf 415?
rc_1uk is offline  
Old 06-06-2004, 11:50 AM
  #2460  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 479
Default

yes yes yes

Tarnjit
Evo_Uk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.