R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 04:38 AM   #21061
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 55
Default

hey guys
ive installed the sakura gear diff in the rear of my standard trf415.
the thing is the rear pulley fits but is tight and provides some resistance and same as the front pulley, the front belt is looser than rear but still has resistance
i am running 37t rear pulley 16t mid pulley and front 37t pulley and i dont want to change the center pulley.
Can you please tell me the correct belts that will fit 100% i need to buy them for next weekend.
thanks
__________________
tamiya

Last edited by tomicamilleri; 08-22-2012 at 04:57 AM.
tomicamilleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #21062
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomicamilleri View Post
hey guys
ive installed the sakura gear diff in the rear of my standard trf415.
the thing is the rear pulley fits but is tight and provides some resistance and same as the front pulley, the front belt is looser than rear but still has resistance
i am running 37t rear pulley 16t mid pulley and front 37t pulley and i dont want to change the center pulley.
Can you please tell me the correct belts that will fit 100% i need to buy them for next weekend.
thanks
Hy

There are xray belts available.

3x180mm wich is 60T (1t more)
3x183mm wich is 61T (2t more)

If you wont change the center pulleys then get the 3x180mm one for rear.

Greetings
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #21063
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thankyou
And what belt for the front?
I am doing the same thing keeping the stock center pulleys
Also anyone know if the mugen 3x6 flange bearing in the sterring im after a replacement
__________________
"No matter if you win by a inch or a mile, winnings winning".

Last edited by AleD123; 08-22-2012 at 06:10 PM.
AleD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #21064
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Since it is hard to get parts these days, and finding a 415 MRE/MSXX direct centre pulley/spur mount is near impossible, does anyone have a spare one, or have any alternatives to mount a 18/19T centre pulley which is easily available?
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #21065
Tech Adept
 
LEM C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seatown
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Since it is hard to get parts these days, and finding a 415 MRE/MSXX direct centre pulley/spur mount is near impossible, does anyone have a spare one, or have any alternatives to mount a 18/19T centre pulley which is easily available?
Try Vellrip.com. They may have what your looking for.
__________________
RC Cars-Lipos-ESC-Brushless Motors-Surface Radio-Carpet Track-Asphalt Track
LEM C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:24 AM   #21066
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEM C View Post
Try Vellrip.com. They may have what your looking for.
Thanks for the link. They don't have it in stock, but I will keep an eye on it
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #21067
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Since it is hard to get parts these days, and finding a 415 MRE/MSXX direct centre pulley/spur mount is near impossible, does anyone have a spare one, or have any alternatives to mount a 18/19T centre pulley which is easily available?
Modellbau Seidel from Germany has it in Stock.

http://modellbau-seidel.de/index.php...s-TRF415MSX-MR

Ask for the shipping rates to Australia.

Greetings from Austria!
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #21068
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Thank you for that Blueman, I have found two stores in Australia that have that part as well, just waiting for them to open to make sure they actually have it in stock, not just the case they have it on their website but forgot to take it down. I will contact the German place if I have no luck
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #21069
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: california
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I have alot of 415 parts let me know what you guys need ! 3 complete rollers also !! !! http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11496973
__________________
Tularecountyrc.com
Brandon Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #21070
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Arise from the dead 415 thread!

Need some help with fixing some oversteering issues I am having with my 415. I am running it in VTA/VTC with the HPI vintage tyres.

The track I am racing on is outdoors asphalt which is a tight, small low grip track. And racing is at night. I'm running a Reedy 21.5T brushless motor in it.

My current setup is:

Front and rear springs: yellow
Front and rear sway bars: yellow
Shock oil (both front and rear): 40 wt
Front shock tower hole: 2nd in from the middle
Rear shock tower hole: 2nd in from the end
Shock plate: 3 holes

Front toe out: 2 deg
Front camber: -1.5 deg
Front caster: 4 deg

Rear Toe in: 2.5deg (XA front block, 1D rear)
Rear camber: -1.5

Front diff: spool
Rear diff: 3 Racing gear diff with 1500wt oil

Front droop: 5mm
Rear droop: 5.5mm

Ride height
Front: 5mm
Rear: 5.5mm

Most of the issue comes from power on oversteer coming out of corners, especially left handers. I have to be careful with the throttle or it spins like a top. Now I know the HPI Vintage tyres are supposed to be a bit crap in regards to grip, and racing at night (especially winter down here) with no tyre warmers is crazy, but the rest of the class can get away with it without too much trouble or handling issues in corners.

If anyone has some tips or ideas for me to try out, that would be great. Thanks
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:29 AM   #21071
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey im not the setup master these days but i can recommend possibly trying blue front sway bar and red rear sway bar seemed to help my 415 when i started. Also i think a blue spring on the front should help also, however other than that im not sure as im still learning setup and effects of each adjustment
let me know how you go
__________________
"No matter if you win by a inch or a mile, winnings winning".
AleD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #21072
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

Try front toe-in set at 0, yours is set at 2 toe out and that gives you a lot of insteer when turning into a corner.
Try also as mentioned by AleD123 to use at the front the blue (hard) sway bar and at the rear the red (soft) version.
I would also recommend to use Blue or white spring in front and yellow or red for the rear.
Use in front 1 camber instead of 1.5.
About droop settings i would switch to 5 in front and 4 at the rear.
Perhaps you can raise the innerside of the front camber turnbuckles (at the front bulkheads), the higher this is the less increasing of the camber when moving upwarts.
And go lower on the innerside of the rear camber turnbuckle (this is optional).

What suspension mounts are you using in front and what kind of suspension arms?

Try some several things i mentioned and go from there.
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #21073
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Marcos, CA
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Perhaps a spool up front would help with the over steer.
__________________
Tamiya TRF415 Touring Car
Tamiya TA05 Touring Car
Tamiya DB01 Buggy
Traxxas Summit Brushless Monster Truck
Buzzerbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #21074
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Arise from the dead 415 thread!

Need some help with fixing some oversteering issues I am having with my 415. I am running it in VTA/VTC with the HPI vintage tyres.

The track I am racing on is outdoors asphalt which is a tight, small low grip track. And racing is at night. I'm running a Reedy 21.5T brushless motor in it.

My current setup is:

Front and rear springs: yellow
Front and rear sway bars: yellow
Shock oil (both front and rear): 40 wt
Front shock tower hole: 2nd in from the middle
Rear shock tower hole: 2nd in from the end
Shock plate: 3 holes

Front toe out: 2 deg
Front camber: -1.5 deg
Front caster: 4 deg

Rear Toe in: 2.5deg (XA front block, 1D rear)
Rear camber: -1.5

Front diff: spool
Rear diff: 3 Racing gear diff with 1500wt oil

Front droop: 5mm
Rear droop: 5.5mm

Ride height
Front: 5mm
Rear: 5.5mm

Most of the issue comes from power on oversteer coming out of corners, especially left handers. I have to be careful with the throttle or it spins like a top. Now I know the HPI Vintage tyres are supposed to be a bit crap in regards to grip, and racing at night (especially winter down here) with no tyre warmers is crazy, but the rest of the class can get away with it without too much trouble or handling issues in corners.

If anyone has some tips or ideas for me to try out, that would be great. Thanks
I'm not an expert when it comes to VTA setups, but here are my two cents:

Move away from the tamiya springs for asphalt racing. I like the Ride reds alot on the Tamiya.

I also feel you are a little soft. If you want to stick with tamiya, try blue yellow or white blue (front rear).

Reduce toe to 1 degree toe out.

I would run more camber in rear, like 2.0 or 2.5 even. Lower the inner camber links if you can.

For sure go softer on the rear gear diff, like 700cst.

If your car is inconsistent from left to right handers, make sure there is nothing completely off on your car. Like binding of arms, rubbing of a wheel in the body, a poorly glued tire, bad bearings etc etc. Also make sure your car is not tweaked and weight balance is even.

Your droop settings are also off. 6 in front, 5 in rear is standard.

hope this helps
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #21075
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Most of the issue comes from power on oversteer coming out of corners, especially left handers. I have to be careful with the throttle or it spins like a top. Now I know the HPI Vintage tyres are supposed to be a bit crap in regards to grip, and racing at night (especially winter down here) with no tyre warmers is crazy, but the rest of the class can get away with it without too much trouble or handling issues in corners.

If anyone has some tips or ideas for me to try out, that would be great. Thanks

If it's steering one way better than the other, make sure you don't have any chassis tweak, and that your springs are all preloaded correctly.

I'd say before trying anything too drastic, try lengthening your front camber links so you get less camber gain as the wheel compresses or put some shims underneath the inside of your front camber links to alter your roll center. You can also lighten the rear diff oil
Fast Little Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net