R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2010, 10:32 PM   #20806
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmooth View Post
OK! I read on this thread that the low-friction belts were not for modified. Is that true? I'm running a 13.5 BL system. Would they work for me?
There is nothing to worry about. The reason people probably say that is because the extra cost is not worth the tiny gain in mod where your already overpowered. When your racing stock, you need every little bit to give you an advantage, so expensive belts make more sense. If your worried about their durability, they are the same belt with a Teflon outer coating. Nothing really special...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #20807
Tech Regular
 
drsmooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Cool

Thanks. I was worried they wouldn't hold up to modified power. But according to the MSX parts list, these are the belt it comes with.
__________________
Till next time.......
KEEP ON RACING!
drsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:16 AM   #20808
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

I understand the ta05ifs C hubs are a direct replacment for the stock part on the trf415msxx, is this true? Also, is there a 0 and 2 degree version?


I'd be very grateful for the part # so I can get these ordered up
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #20809
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I understand the ta05ifs C hubs are a direct replacment for the stock part on the trf415msxx, is this true? Also, is there a 0 and 2 degree version?


I'd be very grateful for the part # so I can get these ordered up
51106 2 C-Hub Carrier for TB Evolution IV/TRF 415 MS/X/XX/MRE/TB Evolution V

51107 4 C-Hub Carrier for TB Evolution IV/TRF 415 MS/X/XX/MRE/TB Evolution V

These are the original kit C-Hub parts.

Greetz Rainer
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #20810
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
51106 2 C-Hub Carrier for TB Evolution IV/TRF 415 MS/X/XX/MRE/TB Evolution V

51107 4 C-Hub Carrier for TB Evolution IV/TRF 415 MS/X/XX/MRE/TB Evolution V

These are the original kit C-Hub parts.

Greetz Rainer
Thank you for the reply and part numbers, however, I am ideally looking for the IFS parts if they will fit, as the trf ones are not too durable in my hands
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #20811
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Thank you for the reply and part numbers, however, I am ideally looking for the IFS parts if they will fit, as the trf ones are not too durable in my hands
Check out the manual for the ifs. The C-hub is just an ABS version of the 416 c-hub. I don't know if it's a direct fit over the MSXX knuckle, and I don't know if they come in different degrees either. Chances are you will need to get bushings spacers and ball studs shown in step 15...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #20812
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Check out the manual for the ifs. The C-hub is just an ABS version of the 416 c-hub. I don't know if it's a direct fit over the MSXX knuckle, and I don't know if they come in different degrees either. Chances are you will need to get bushings spacers and ball studs shown in step 15...
thank you for the quick reply, I will check that out and see if they are interchangable
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #20813
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Thank you for the reply and part numbers, however, I am ideally looking for the IFS parts if they will fit, as the trf ones are not too durable in my hands
I think in case of the C-Hubs the TRF nad the IFS ones are made of the same sort of material. only the arms of the IFS versions are softer.
Dont mind them they are bulletproof.

Greetz Rainer

(BTW. I never brake a "TRF C-Hub" at one of my cars Evo4/5 425 MSXX in a couple years of racing.)
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #20814
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
I think in case of the C-Hubs the TRF nad the IFS ones are made of the same sort of material. only the arms of the IFS versions are softer.
Dont mind them they are bulletproof.

Greetz Rainer

(BTW. I never brake a "TRF C-Hub" at one of my cars Evo4/5 425 MSXX in a couple years of racing.)
ah ok, I was thinking maybe the IFS C hubs would be a similar material to the steering arms

i've broken 2 C hubs in about a year on my 415, but the boards are not too friendly...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #20815
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
ah ok, I was thinking maybe the IFS C hubs would be a similar material to the steering arms

i've broken 2 C hubs in about a year on my 415, but the boards are not too friendly...
If you keep breaking your c hubs I would check your steering through, If you go to full lock either way you will put too much pressure on the c hubs not only on an impact but when cornering hard.

I also beleive the IFS suspension is the same as the 416. the arms and hubs.
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC Xti Altered Ego|Associated B5M|TT02|TA05|TL01RA|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 AM   #20816
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1larry View Post
I also beleive the IFS suspension is the same as the 416. the arms and hubs.
While they are made from the same molds, both the C-hubs and arms on the IFS are softer than the 416. This is why the part numbers are different. The IFS parts are made from standard ABS resin, while the 416 parts are made from Carbon reinforced resin...

People were using the IFS c-hubs on their 416 to allow more flex in crashes and also soften up the steering a little (I think). The carbon 416 c-hubs are much stiffer than the standard plastic, so they break a bit easier...

IFS Parts (ABS plastic):
-51293 - c-hubs
-51296 - steering knuckles
-51297 - control arm set (long arms, set of 4) <--- Make good emergency spares cause they are cheap and durable
-51298 - rear uprights

TB03 Parts (ABS plastic):
- 51353 - control arm set (short arms, set of 4) <--- Make good emergency spares cause they are cheap and durable

All the carbon 416 parts:
- 51332 - steering knuckle
- 51333 - rear upright
- 54031 - IFS C-hub 4* "hard"

Last edited by 94eg!; 03-04-2010 at 08:53 AM.
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #20817
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
While they are made from the same molds, both the C-hubs and arms on the IFS are softer than the 416. This is why the part numbers are different. The IFS parts are made from standard ABS resin, while the 416 parts are made from Carbon reinforced resin...

People were using the IFS c-hubs on their 416 to allow more flex in crashes and also soften up the steering a little (I think). The carbon 416 c-hubs are much stiffer than the standard plastic, so they break a bit easier...

IFS Parts (ABS plastic):
-51293 - c-hubs
-51296 - steering knuckles
-51297 - control arm set (long arms, set of 4) <--- Make good emergency spares cause they are cheap and durable
-51298 - rear uprights

TB03 Parts (ABS plastic):
- 51353 - control arm set (short arms, set of 4) <--- Make good emergency spares cause they are cheap and durable

All the carbon 416 parts:
- 51332 - steering knuckle
- 51333 - rear upright
- 54031 - IFS C-hub 4* "hard"
Useful information, thanks! I just hope the C hubs from the IFS can be used as a direct replacement for the 415msxx - can anyone confirm this please?
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 AM   #20818
Tech Master
 
f1larry's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,770
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Useful information, thanks! I just hope the C hubs from the IFS can be used as a direct replacement for the 415msxx - can anyone confirm this please?
I don't think it is a direct replacement, If I remember right the 415msxx used the 9x5 bearings. The 416 suspension went to the 10x5 bearing. I think you have to switch to the 416 suspension.

I also think I remember someone telling me the 416 and 415 msxx arms are the same and the 416 c hubs and rear uprights fit in them.

I think if you change the c hub you will also need to change to the 416 steering knuckle. (you will then need to change the bearings as well).
__________________
Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies, Arlington Heights, IL
Exotek F1R3|X-Ray T4 16|CRC Xti Altered Ego|Associated B5M|TT02|TA05|TL01RA|TL01|
f1larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #20819
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1larry View Post
I don't think it is a direct replacement, If I remember right the 415msxx used the 9x5 bearings. The 416 suspension went to the 10x5 bearing. I think you have to switch to the 416 suspension.

I also think I remember someone telling me the 416 and 415 msxx arms are the same and the 416 c hubs and rear uprights fit in them.

I think if you change the c hub you will also need to change to the 416 steering knuckle. (you will then need to change the bearings as well).

You won't have to buy 416 uprights and bearings. Just get the c-hubs, bushings, spacers and give it a shot. At the very worst your knuckles will be slightly too tall. If that's the case, simply file down the tops till it clears. If the MSXX knuckle is too short, then you simply add extra shims to take up the slack. I think with the 416 you still needed an extra 0.1mm shim to make it perfect anyways...

Since the 416 uses a 0.7mm spacer between the knuckle and the c-hub, I'm pretty sure you won't have any trouble getting getting your old knuckles in there...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #20820
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

The ifs steering arms fit inside the stock msxx C hubs as that is what I am using now (And the arms use the same bearings as the msxx).

but I dont know if the ifs C hubs will fit inside the msxx wishbones if that makes sense?
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:49 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net