R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #20671
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,443
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Are you talking about the aluminum uprights for the original 415? Or the 415 with light weight suspension? If light weight... here you go...

http://www.ampdraw.com/product.php?a...productid=4184

I only know of 6mm wheel hexes. If you need 7mm, you need to order from HK.

http://www.ampdraw.com/browse.php?ty...rtnumber=53569

If you need 7mm, just add a 1mm wheel shim.

Hope this helps....
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #20672
Tech Master
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

has anybody done the 18t centre pulley mod for a one way centre pulley instead of a fixed?
if so what parts do i need to do it?

also can you run the 416 pulleys? are they 37t?

what belts would be required?

thanks
__________________
TAMIYA - SMOKEM - REEDY
smaracing.org
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #20673
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Are you talking about the aluminum uprights for the original 415? Or the 415 with light weight suspension? If light weight... here you go...

http://www.ampdraw.com/product.php?a...productid=4184

I only know of 6mm wheel hexes. If you need 7mm, you need to order from HK.

http://www.ampdraw.com/browse.php?ty...rtnumber=53569

If you need 7mm, just add a 1mm wheel shim.

Hope this helps....
Thanks Jimmy Mac
__________________
Calandra Racing Concepts/ Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #20674
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNiels707 View Post
Asphalt or carpet?

For both:
  • Red springs / 55wt. oil on front
  • Yellow springs / 45 wt. oil (this is a taste thing, 45 wt. - 55 wt. depending) on back
  • Fixed center layshaft (no center one-way)

For asphalt:

I'm usually fighting nasty on-power understeer on asphalt
  • Front shocks laid all the way down
  • 0.5 deg front camber
  • 1 deg front toe-out
  • Stand up rear shocks depending on grip levels


For carpet:

Car works pretty well on rug
  • Front shocks 3rd hole in from outside
  • 0 deg front camber
  • 0.5 deg front toe-out
  • Rear shocks 2nd hole from outside


I don't actually have the setup sheets in front of me right now so I'm punting a bit, but these should be good enough to get started. Please report back with improvements!
Does laying the front shocks down give more on power steering? Although my car is setup for RCGT, I've noticed a lot of on power understeer as well on asphalt. I'm also runninf c/c blocks in the front that is suppose to give more steering as well.
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 PM   #20675
Tech Addict
 
adriano87dj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 673
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,
question with regards to the centre one way pulley.

is there a direct part replacement/swap to revert it to a standard pulley MINUS the one way abilities?


cheers
adriano87dj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #20676
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano87dj View Post
hey guys,
question with regards to the centre one way pulley.

is there a direct part replacement/swap to revert it to a standard pulley MINUS the one way abilities?


cheers
Yes.

53708
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #20677
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer View Post
Yes.

53708

I like the idea of only replacing one gear, but I would have thought getting the whole layshaft assembly being taken out and replaced with the ta05 assembly would be a better option, as the gear is held by a pin with this method, not just a grub screw which may not bite into a the curved design of a layshaft as well.

maybe its not been an issue at all, but I could envisage it as being a possible problem.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #20678
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I like the idea of only replacing one gear, but I would have thought getting the whole layshaft assembly being taken out and replaced with the ta05 assembly would be a better option, as the gear is held by a pin with this method, not just a grub screw which may not bite into a the curved design of a layshaft as well.

maybe its not been an issue at all, but I could envisage it as being a possible problem.
The gub scew tightens in the same spot as the rear pulley. This part drives both belts.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #20679
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I like the idea of only replacing one gear, but I would have thought getting the whole layshaft assembly being taken out and replaced with the ta05 assembly would be a better option, as the gear is held by a pin with this method, not just a grub screw which may not bite into a the curved design of a layshaft as well.

maybe its not been an issue at all, but I could envisage it as being a possible problem.
The direct center pulley works really well, there is a flat spot for the set screw to grip.

That being said, I run the TA05 layshaft because the plastic pulleys greatly reduce belt wear in my experience. I found the TRF415 metal pulleys sharpen with wear and eventually start wearing out belts quickly.
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #20680
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
Does laying the front shocks down give more on power steering? Although my car is setup for RCGT, I've noticed a lot of on power understeer as well on asphalt. I'm also runninf c/c blocks in the front that is suppose to give more steering as well.
Not as much as I would like but it does help a little. I run at least 1 degree of front toe-out, sometimes 1.5 to get the dang thing to turn on power.

Have you found the C/C blocks in front help?

I've been told moving to the short arms helps quite a bit, but I haven't tried it myself.

It seems like its really easy to make the understeer worse, and really hard to make better...
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #20681
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNiels707 View Post
The direct center pulley works really well, there is a flat spot for the set screw to grip.

That being said, I run the TA05 layshaft because the plastic pulleys greatly reduce belt wear in my experience. I found the TRF415 metal pulleys sharpen with wear and eventually start wearing out belts quickly.
I didn't think that was the case on the msxx layshaft (a flat spot on the layshaft) - maybe I didnt see it though

mine had centre and front one ways in the kit, so I use the ta05 layshaft assembly for the same reason you mentioned, and swapped the front one way out for a diff.
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #20682
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 92
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
I didn't think that was the case on the msxx layshaft (a flat spot on the layshaft) - maybe I didnt see it though

mine had centre and front one ways in the kit, so I use the ta05 layshaft assembly for the same reason you mentioned, and swapped the front one way out for a diff.
Maybe things have changed between versions, I know my MSX has flat spots on the layshaft.

Stranger things have happened.
BNiels707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:31 AM   #20683
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I bought a used 415 and it has this installed:

Tamiya TRF415 Direct Pulley.TAM53708

Is this center pulley a 16T or 18T?
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #20684
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I bought a used 415 and it has this installed:

Tamiya TRF415 Direct Pulley.TAM53708

Is this center pulley a 16T or 18T?
I'm pretty sure it's 18t, as I counted 9 teeth on the picture link above, on one side of the gear
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #20685
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I bought a used 415 and it has this installed:

Tamiya TRF415 Direct Pulley.TAM53708

Is this center pulley a 16T or 18T?
That is a 16T pulley
__________________
Xray T4 2018 ~ HobbyWing Xerun XR10 Pro ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray X12 2018 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 1S ~ Speedzone 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net