R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #20566
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I have a 415 MSX with the one way and one way center pulley. I'd like to switch over to a spool and was wondering which spool do I purchase and what is needed to make my center a locked center shaft? I've tried searching but getting confused with all the different versions of the 415. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #20567
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
I have a 415 MSX with the one way and one way center pulley. I'd like to switch over to a spool and was wondering which spool do I purchase and what is needed to make my center a locked center shaft? I've tried searching but getting confused with all the different versions of the 415. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Front & center direct-drives, you must use the parts from the Marc Rheinard versions of the 415 MSX or MSXX. You can download the kit instructions for both cars on TamiyaUSA.com. Just type MSXX into the search box and the Mark Rheinard kit should be one of the top two results. Once you click on that kit, there should be a button that says "produt manual" in upper right corner to click on.

You need:
- front MRE direct holder
- direct cups
- MRE direct cup sleeves
- direct cup pins
- center MRE direct holder
- plastic 18T pulleys

You should already have the rest of the parts...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #20568
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

With some careful shimming, I used a lightweight ta05 centre layshaft and standard ta05 pulleys in my trf415msxx.

Hope this helps.

http://www.thard.co.uk/415/tips/TA05pulleys.html

The only downside is that I now have a ta05, but minus its centre layshaft assembly, so that won't be going far in a hurry

Edit- I notice you only have the msx, not the msxx but with a bit of luck you can still do the same thing?...
__________________
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:55 AM   #20569
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
Front & center direct-drives, you must use the parts from the Marc Rheinard versions of the 415 MSX or MSXX. You can download the kit instructions for both cars on TamiyaUSA.com. Just type MSXX into the search box and the Mark Rheinard kit should be one of the top two results. Once you click on that kit, there should be a button that says "produt manual" in upper right corner to click on.

You need:
- front MRE direct holder
- direct cups
- MRE direct cup sleeves
- direct cup pins
- center MRE direct holder
- plastic 18T pulleys

You should already have the rest of the parts...
Thanks for the information!
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #20570
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by home13oy75 View Post
Thanks for the information!
I may have been mistaken for the center shaft portion. It looks like you would need quite a few more parts to run the MRE direct center shaft. You would also need the large e-clip, the two bearing holders, and the MRE or MRE-07 upper bulkhead braces. It looks like the MRE later cars mount the two 840 bearings in a different manner than your MSX.

Sorry.
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #20571
Tech Regular
 
Rommel's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quick question. whats the difference in chassis between the TRF415MSXX & TRF415MRE? I wasn't able to find a pic of TRF415MRE to compare only that it has a different part # for the chassis. Was wondering if it was just difference in chassis thickness. Thanks in advance.
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #20572
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 48
Default

Does anyone have a roll center program with the 415 MSX MRE measurements already inputted?
Rccarmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #20573
Tech Fanatic
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
Quick question. whats the difference in chassis between the TRF415MSXX & TRF415MRE? I wasn't able to find a pic of TRF415MRE to compare only that it has a different part # for the chassis. Was wondering if it was just difference in chassis thickness. Thanks in advance.
There was the MSX-MRE and the MSXX-MRE. The MSXX was the cheaper version of the MSX-MRE. Not much changed, but they left out some of the lightweight hop-ups. They did switch to a thinner chassis plate with TB-Evo front bumper setup and a flexie top deck. It also used the newer hex-head ball studs which is much nicer...

The MSXX-MRE improved upon the MSXX by changing around the steering a bit to keep it out of contact with the belt. It even had a trimmed rear 1A bridge suspension mount for the front to keep the steering links from making contact. They also modified the motor mount to even up flex left to right. Then they removed a brace from in between the rear bulkheads, and cut the rear upper brace in half to increase rear flex and traction. It also had a stiffer upper deck somewhere between the MSXX & the old MRE. I know the lower deck has a different part number, but TamiyaUSA says it's the same (thickness I suppose)...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #20574
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
There was the MSX-MRE and the MSXX-MRE. The MSXX was the cheaper version of the MSX-MRE. Not much changed, but they left out some of the lightweight hop-ups. They did switch to a thinner chassis plate with TB-Evo front bumper setup and a flexie top deck. It also used the newer hex-head ball studs which is much nicer...

The MSXX-MRE improved upon the MSXX by changing around the steering a bit to keep it out of contact with the belt. It even had a trimmed rear 1A bridge suspension mount for the front to keep the steering links from making contact. They also modified the motor mount to even up flex left to right. Then they removed a brace from in between the rear bulkheads, and cut the rear upper brace in half to increase rear flex and traction. It also had a stiffer upper deck somewhere between the MSXX & the old MRE. I know the lower deck has a different part number, but TamiyaUSA says it's the same (thickness I suppose)...
++


Hy!

The Lower deck of the MSXX MRE 2007 is 2,5mm thik, while the lower deck of the standard MSXX is 2mm thick.

Greetz Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #20575
Tech Regular
 
Rommel's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 305
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info guys
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #20576
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

For a outdoor asphalt parking lot race, what's a good starting point for droop? I looked at Jilles ETS setup and he uses 6mm downstop with a 5mm RH. So is that roughly 1mm over RH?

BTW, I'm running the 415 MSX with the short suspension arms.
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #20577
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can i just purchase this item :

TRF415 Front Direct Coupler Spool TAM49358

To work as a spool for my 415 MSX? I know that I need a locked center to complete it ... would it be bad to run this with a one-way center?
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #20578
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can i just purchase this item :

TRF415 Front Direct Coupler Spool TAM49358

To work as a spool for my 415 MSX? I know that I need a locked center to complete it ... would it be bad to run this with a one-way center?
home13oy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #20579
Tech Elite
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default 415 MS

I will be running my 415 on the rug with foams and I was wondering if I should run it the way I bought it with diff,diff,one way center shaft?Thanks
__________________
Calandra Racing Concepts/ Hobbywing / Team Scream / Progressive Rc / Ko Propo / MotivRc / Dri-Fit Mafia /
haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #20580
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
I will be running my 415 on the rug with foams and I was wondering if I should run it the way I bought it with diff,diff,one way center shaft?Thanks
definitely diff, if ur running on rug with foam tires.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net