R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 AM   #19396
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Try this:
XRA305442 - Xray T1 High performance Rear Belt

According to this site, http://www.thard.co.uk/tips/18tpulleys.html , they use it for the 18T/36T pulleys, so using a 37T won't be much of a stretch for this belt...

I'm currently shopping around to do this conversion..
The xray belt is also too tight with 37/18 pullies, didnt fit mine when I tried it. Had some hope for the cyclone belt as you can run the belts really loose with 18T centers.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:09 PM   #19397
Tech Adept
 
fish_fryzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kuching
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default MSX direct center pulley...

hi,

does anyone here put the Tamiya center direct pulley? does this mean the rear and front belt will be side-by-side on the same pulley? cause im wondering whether it can be use on my MSX...i dont like the one-way...

Was thinking to change it to that...and also install front alum diff. Goodbye one-way.

give me a pic so that i can see the actual pulley being use.

Thanks.
fish_fryzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #19398
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

i put the MRE center shaft in mine and it works great, and the belts are on separate pulleys so they dont rub.

cheers
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:10 AM   #19399
Tech Adept
 
fish_fryzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kuching
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealmaterial View Post
i put the MRE center shaft in mine and it works great, and the belts are on separate pulleys so they dont rub.

cheers
mine is the trf415msx....the pulley is different than urs...

so my option is to use the direct center pullley...with the front alum diff set....

ordering in now...just want to see how it look if install only...

any1 got that pic?
fish_fryzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:33 AM   #19400
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

i also have the trf415msx, you just have to turn the black bearings holders the other way around and grind a bit off them and it fits perfectly......
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:23 AM   #19401
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_fryzzz View Post
mine is the trf415msx....the pulley is different than urs...

so my option is to use the direct center pullley...with the front alum diff set....

ordering in now...just want to see how it look if install only...

any1 got that pic?
http://www.thard.co.uk/images/415k.jpg and http://www.thard.co.uk/images/415e.jpg
thats a couple of (poor) pic of the old style centre pulley.

Surreal is right, in that you can mount the MRE style direct centre pulley in a MSX. All you need to do is as he says, flip the bearing holders round, and file some material off.

The parts you require for that are...

1x TAM3454395 - MRE One Piece Centre Pulley/Spur Mount
1x TAM50589 - 5mm E-Ring (to secure the pulleys)
1x TAM51213 - TA05 Centre Pulley (2pcs)

Have a look here) for instructions on how it all goes together, just follow the picture, and use the black plastic bearing holders instead of the BG10 parts in the picture (just keep them turned round the same way).

HiH
Ed

P.s. being the proud 415 owner I am, I've posted some more pics of my MRE on my site.... http://www.thard.co.uk/pictures.html
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #19402
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Can you use this 415 MSXX conversion kit (stick pack chassis) to a 415 MRE? Thanks!!!
Yes !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 12:22 PM   #19403
Tech Master
 
yokemad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,150
Default

Hi Dudes
I need pair of front steel trf 415 drive shafts...What parts do I need and what is the best place to buy them???
thanx in advanced
yokemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #19404
Tech Addict
 
Jam-ehz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
The xray belt is also too tight with 37/18 pullies, didnt fit mine when I tried it. Had some hope for the cyclone belt as you can run the belts really loose with 18T centers.
Yeah, I just stuck with 36T wide pitch, the 37T only raises the ratio again, kinda goes against the purpose of going 18T anyway..

I like the covering of the diff ends that the wide pitch diffs provide..

----
Semi-related quick Q.. I'm rebuilding my diffs, and there seems to be fine line between it tightening too much (minimal diff action, but the aluminum diff ends get rather warm when I break it in with my drill press..) and not enough to keep from slipping, barely 1/8 of a turn difference between the two.. does that mean the spring is gone or needs re-stretching?

Should I allow any slip, or should it just be barely moveable by hand? Should the front and rear have the same slip/non-slip? I'm running Stock/19T foam carpet right now.. any suggestions for 19T rubber carpet, or use the same diffs?
__________________
-=≡ Tamiya TA05 TRF415MSX F103R M-03R M-04 M-05 ≡=-
-=≡ CRC Carpet Knife 3.2 OFNA LD3 Pro Fastcats Spektrum ׀ווlı ≡=-
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #19405
Tech Elite
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,423
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quick question about the 2 and 4 degree C-blocks for the front suspension on the MSXX.

I've checked the manual about ten times, and the 2 and 4 degrees refer to camber, NOT caster. Is this right? Whether 2 or 4 degrees, the block longitude line is perpendicular to the through-pin. Yes? Neutral caster, in other words.

I've been eyeballing them on my table, and this seems to be the case.

Secondly, if it is in fact camber that is the variable, what's the point? Is it for clearance of certain rims...foams? Or is it some fine tuning voodoo of upper link length?

Thanks.
PutAwayWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #19406
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Yeah, I just stuck with 36T wide pitch, the 37T only raises the ratio again, kinda goes against the purpose of going 18T anyway..

I like the covering of the diff ends that the wide pitch diffs provide..

----
Semi-related quick Q.. I'm rebuilding my diffs, and there seems to be fine line between it tightening too much (minimal diff action, but the aluminum diff ends get rather warm when I break it in with my drill press..) and not enough to keep from slipping, barely 1/8 of a turn difference between the two.. does that mean the spring is gone or needs re-stretching?

Should I allow any slip, or should it just be barely moveable by hand? Should the front and rear have the same slip/non-slip? I'm running Stock/19T foam carpet right now.. any suggestions for 19T rubber carpet, or use the same diffs?
I would say your diff plates are worn.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:12 AM   #19407
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Quick question about the 2 and 4 degree C-blocks for the front suspension on the MSXX.

I've checked the manual about ten times, and the 2 and 4 degrees refer to camber, NOT caster. Is this right? Whether 2 or 4 degrees, the block longitude line is perpendicular to the through-pin. Yes? Neutral caster, in other words.

I've been eyeballing them on my table, and this seems to be the case.

Secondly, if it is in fact camber that is the variable, what's the point? Is it for clearance of certain rims...foams? Or is it some fine tuning voodoo of upper link length?

Thanks.
No it refers to caster. Camber is only given by the length of your turnbuckles.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #19408
Tech Apprentice
 
hyena boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 81
Default ta05 drive

hi

i have a 415 msx that is mostly stock, and was wondering what the advantage was to running the ta05 gear set? what parts do you need to convert it?

i run mostly on carpet with foam, so if anyone has set up ideas and parts i might need, let me know.

jeff
hyena boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #19409
Tech Champion
 
nexxus's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 8,097
Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyena boy View Post
hi

i have a 415 msx that is mostly stock, and was wondering what the advantage was to running the ta05 gear set? what parts do you need to convert it?

i run mostly on carpet with foam, so if anyone has set up ideas and parts i might need, let me know.

jeff

It's a nice conversion which I did when I had mine but as far as advantage? Nothing major, changes the FDR and gives you the option of wide pitch pulleys and gets rid of that silly external shaft stopper. I'd change to the MSXX / MRE steering before doing the drivetrain.
__________________
A800 / A800X Awesomatix

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 AM   #19410
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

hi, what will you guys reccomend for the number of tooth of pinion i will use for a 23T motor using a 102T spur gear for my MSXX will be running rubber tires on a flowing but technical type of asphalt track thanks
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:43 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net