R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #19366
Tech Master
 
linger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Retired
Posts: 1,132
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AE rear blocks?
What does that do?
__________________
I used to be a spitter, now I'm a swallower. I graduated.
linger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:10 AM   #19367
Tech Fanatic
 
miccal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 768
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linger View Post
AE rear blocks?
What does that do?
He means an "A" and an "E" rear block.
miccal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 AM   #19368
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mark34 Send a message via Yahoo to mark34
Default

Does anyone know where you can get a undertray for the 415 msxx as our wonderful winter approaches and really dont want to blow up all that lovley electrics
__________________
Yokomo BD
CEFX C12

Powered By Demon Batteries and GM Brushless and 2 thumbs
Mark Ashby
mark34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #19369
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Well, should have posted this the other week, but hey....

Recently had the first round of carpet wars over here in the UK. Big indoor carpet track (www.carpetwars.com).

dropped back down to stock again this year, mainly as situations dictate it, and no point me running Mod, as much as I want too....

Still the decision seems to have paid off, running a setup very similar to the one I used last year (http://www.thard.co.uk/setups/CarpetWars07Rd6.jpg), but with a few changes.
1) 50wt F and 40wt R oil in the shocks + rear shocks in hole 4 on the tower
2) A/E rear blocks
3) 3.5mm under the rear outer camber link
4) Middle brace removed, and no motor mount screw (reminds me... need to write that up for the website!)

End result, q'd 7th O/a, and ended up 5th in the A final... best result at a carpet wars meeting. Just need to find some more speed (motor and batteries can be pushed harder I think)... but the chassis is spot on. Maybe some minor tweaking on shock oils (really want to try 45wt in the front, but can't find anyone who stock AE oil), but thats about it.

Overall happy bunny

Laters
Ed
Hey Ed, you already have AE 45wt, sort of...
Just mix 50/50 with the 40wt and 50wt
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #19370
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark34 View Post
Does anyone know where you can get a undertray for the 415 msxx as our wonderful winter approaches and really dont want to blow up all that lovley electrics
Slipstream makes one. I can't remember their website but should be able to find it. They're a UK company.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #19371
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Well, should have posted this the other week, but hey....

Recently had the first round of carpet wars over here in the UK. Big indoor carpet track (www.carpetwars.com).

dropped back down to stock again this year, mainly as situations dictate it, and no point me running Mod, as much as I want too....

Still the decision seems to have paid off, running a setup very similar to the one I used last year (http://www.thard.co.uk/setups/CarpetWars07Rd6.jpg), but with a few changes.
1) 50wt F and 40wt R oil in the shocks + rear shocks in hole 4 on the tower
2) A/E rear blocks
3) 3.5mm under the rear outer camber link
4) Middle brace removed, and no motor mount screw (reminds me... need to write that up for the website!)

End result, q'd 7th O/a, and ended up 5th in the A final... best result at a carpet wars meeting. Just need to find some more speed (motor and batteries can be pushed harder I think)... but the chassis is spot on. Maybe some minor tweaking on shock oils (really want to try 45wt in the front, but can't find anyone who stock AE oil), but thats about it.

Overall happy bunny

Laters
Ed
I used my good old original 415 and to be honest, it was better than my MSX ever was at carpet wars, and it doesn't need a 4mm chassis and a lot of setup work, just put the usual carpet setup and you've got a super safe yet quick car.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #19372
Tech Adept
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thats perhaps why Marc Rheinard uses the old 415 on carpet

im scrapping my MSX, MSXX, MRE, and TA05MS and going back to my Old 415for indoor carpet.
a friend of mine ran his TA05ms on ISW(intl speed weekend). after 4 qualifying he changed car to his old 415 and jumped from a D to a B final.....
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM   #19373
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 108
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mark34 Send a message via Yahoo to mark34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
Slipstream makes one. I can't remember their website but should be able to find it. They're a UK company.
Thanks for the help
__________________
Yokomo BD
CEFX C12

Powered By Demon Batteries and GM Brushless and 2 thumbs
Mark Ashby
mark34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #19374
Tech Rookie
 
Gaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7
Default

Hey,

does anyone know that Marc uses 2.7 or 3.0mm thick lower deck on carpet?

bye
Gaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 PM   #19375
Tech Adept
 
echo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 216
Default

Hi, can i use Tamiya 3454395 Direct Center Shaft to change my original TRF 415msx center shaft.
__________________
I am a Human Network
echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 AM   #19376
Tech Master
 
g12314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL.
Posts: 1,282
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314
Default

Funny to see the posts about using the original 415 on carpet. Here in the states, I race on indoor CRC carpet and have both a original 415 and recently got a 415 MSX MRE. First outing with the new MRE was fantastic. Drove better than the 415 ever did. A few minor tweeks to the shock positions, and I was on pace with the sponsored drivers with a very stabil car. Guess it must suit my driving style better.

Jimmy
g12314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #19377
Tech Adept
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaba View Post
Hey,

does anyone know that Marc uses 2.7 or 3.0mm thick lower deck on carpet?

bye
Marc uses the standard 3mm
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #19378
Tech Adept
 
habis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 186
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

and again..........

habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:36 AM   #19379
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by habis View Post
and again..........

RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:16 AM   #19380
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by habis View Post
Marc uses the standard 3mm
I would say it depends on the track. Mostly it is 3mm though but it is not always a standard one. The plate he used to win the lrp in 05 and 06 is narrower and has has batteries further back. I know because I have one on my car.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:23 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net