Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 09-06-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody running 13.5T brushless, if so what sort of size spur gear are you using ?
thanks
Old 09-06-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Smartypants
what spool will fit the car? do tamiya do one with steel outdrives?
This works fine

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/prod...roducts_id=262
Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Adept

I have recently brought an MSXX. What are the part numbers for the items to do the 18t locked pulley conversion? and also what spool will fit the car? do tamiya do one with steel outdrives?

I think Ed's site covers the topics in question but the pages don't display :-(

Cheers
Matt
You will need:
Center:
TA-3454395 Tamiya TRF415 Direct Center Shaft
TA-50589 Tamiya All Car 5mm E-clip

Spool:
Tamiya delrin:
TA-3454401 Tamiya TRF415 Direct Holder
TA-9804268 Tamiya TRF415 Direct Cups
TA-9804267 Tamiya TRF415 Direct Coupling
TA-53500 Cross joints for universals, just need the pins if you dont have any spare ones

JAAD steel:
JDR41502 JAAD Racing TRF415 Alum. Front Spool with Hard Coated Anti Rust Steel Joint Cups (Requires Ball Diff Pulley)
TA-53935 Ball diff pulley

18T Conversion:
TA-53989 Tamiya TRF501X Center Pulley (18T)
HBS-70738 Hot Bodies Cyclone/CS Front Belt 169T
XR-305442 Xray rear belt
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the reply Mr Orange!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
Black grease on the diff balls and plates? Does it work well?
not black grease, white grease but the one with the black label.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: AE grease, etc. etc.

Black , Red , White their all good. The Tamiya diff grease seems to be a little too thin for me.
Myself I haven't had any problems with the ceramic balls.

Diffuser,
How is it up North, had a major heat wave after you left, guess you took the weather with you!
That's all Timmy is talking about is going to Seattle for the regionals. Once Fred posts the schedule we'll know when about to make plans!
Was this year in April?
Max
Old 09-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you use ceramic balls you need to scuff the diff rings otherwise the balls will slide across the rings and not grip. You'll have to tighten your diff really tight to keep it from slipping. The diff won't work well like that and will get notchy very quick. Sanding the rings and adding ceramics make for a really smooth diff
Old 09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyuk99
Anybody running 13.5T brushless, if so what sort of size spur gear are you using ?
thanks
Yes, I am, but the size of spur you might need will depend on the size of the track you run on. For me, I run on a med-small track, so I don't need to gear it to the moon, & as such I'm using a 96 tooth spur right now(also tried a 104 tooth, but found I was needing my biggest pinions with it so I pared down a bit). And for a bigger place like S & N's Trackside in Milwaukee(home of the Novak USTC race), I'll likely use an 88 tooth spur, 'cause I'll need to gear as tall as I can go(most likely)....
Old 09-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have recently brought an MSXX. What are the part numbers for the items to do the 18t locked pulley conversion? and also what spool will fit the car? do tamiya do one with steel outdrives?

I think Ed's site covers the topics in question but the pages don't display :-(

Cheers
Matt
They are on their way... honest... just been busy, but have them up there as a teaser
Old 09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation MSXX set-up and etc.etc. etc.

Has anyone tried the MSXX lower deck on the original MSX? I heard a rumor that Mark Rhienard preferred this combo at the REEDY RACE to the MSXX because of the steering. So, he liked the original steering instead of the new EVO 5.
I just put the lower deck on my MSX and had to mod the bumper bracket a little but that was a piece of cake. Everything else lined up beautifully.
I'm going to try it out this weekend using my MSX set-up and see what happens? Any set-up suggestions would be appreciated. I heard that the 2mm lower deck is good for low to medium traction asphalt!
Inquiring minds want to know!
Note: Rumor has it that the "TRF-416" is in the works and will be out maybe around Christmas! Any insider info or pictures of what it will look like?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Max this year was April and I would assume we will be around the same time again. With the big ???'s over TA you might HAVE to travel as a SoCal Regional could be tough.....

I know Doug really wants to be the host track if TA is gone by this time next year.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maxepower
Has anyone tried the MSXX lower deck on the original MSX? I heard a rumor that Mark Rhienard preferred this combo at the REEDY RACE to the MSXX because of the steering. So, he liked the original steering instead of the new EVO 5.
I just put the lower deck on my MSX and had to mod the bumper bracket a little but that was a piece of cake. Everything else lined up beautifully.
I'm going to try it out this weekend using my MSX set-up and see what happens? Any set-up suggestions would be appreciated. I heard that the 2mm lower deck is good for low to medium traction asphalt!
Note: Rumor has it that the "TRF-416" is in the works and will be out maybe around Christmas! Any insider info or pictures of what it will look like?
I have the msxx lower deck on my msx. Before I had a papa rheinard custom made 2 mm chassis built for the 05 euros on the car. The car feels more planted in the front end with the msxx chassis. If you put a msx chassi on top on msxx (or mre) chassi you will notice that msxx chassis is wider in front end. This makes for less flex in the front end and a more balanced car (the rear bulkhead assembly is way to stiff, this is why they cut the upperbrace and mill under motor bulkhead). The car that Marc used at the reedy was actually the car that Victor won the andernach race with 2 weeks earlier. This is also how they found out about the diff mod, it was on Viktors car first (a guy here made them for him, not tamiya). Eirik posted Viktors setups in this thread a couple of months ago, reedy post 18663 and andernach post 18665.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_Orange
I have the msxx lower deck on my msx. Before I had a papa rheinard custom made 2 mm chassis built for the 05 euros on the car. The car feels more planted in the front end with the msxx chassis. If you put a msx chassi on top on msxx (or mre) chassi you will notice that msxx chassis is wider in front end. This makes for less flex in the front end and a more balanced car (the rear bulkhead assembly is way to stiff, this is why they cut the upperbrace and mill under motor bulkhead). The car that Marc used at the reedy was actually the car that Victor won the andernach race with 2 weeks earlier. This is also how they found out about the diff mod, it was on Viktors car first (a guy here made them for him, not tamiya). Eirik posted Viktors setups in this thread a couple of months ago, reedy post 18663 and andernach post 18665.
Mr Orange,
I've been away for a while. What's the "diff mod" you mentioned in this post?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

See post # 19091 for all the info.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxepower
I have ran both steerings on my MSX that has the MSXX chassis. I can't tell a difference between them. The only advantage of the new steering is the fact that you can change the ackermann. But I use mine with an ackermann setup very similar to the original steering...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.