R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 AM   #19066
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Tungsten Carbide is a harder material than the standard diff balls.
Ceramic is suppose to be stonger and more heat resistant than carbide!
Theoretically speaking of coarse!
That`s wright. I use ceramic balls now a days and they are great for competition.

If diff feel gritty, add some crease time after time and turn diff plates and here we go again
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #19067
Tech Master
 
Xanavi_R34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TAMIYA WORLD
Posts: 1,550
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
That`s wright. I use ceramic balls now a days and they are great for competition.

If diff feel gritty, add some crease time after time and turn diff plates and here we go again
what is this ceramic balls??? is this the one that comes with the kits???
__________________
TAMIYA TRF416

[Tamiya] [Hot Bodies]

[Futaba] [SpeedPassion] [LRP] [YeahRacing] [3Racing] [Imax]
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #19068
Tech Addict
 
Toughbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 508
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

For those who want to test massive IR, try to find someone with a kawada around you. I used to own one and I am kicking myself in the head now for selling it. yeeees the support is low and I hear now that Champ has quit working with them (which makes getting parts hard)

but with 1.75 IR that car just flies. I used to run 23T in mod class with it. massive 24 center pulley

I may end up building a 20T center pulley for kicks and try it out... but mostly I would want it for stock racing.

but I have to admit that the car handles and drives so well at the moment that I dont feel like changing and major components. I had major problems with motors and electronic last weekend. I had a novak 4.5 literally blow up. Then I blow up a 10T and finally the ESC cut off for good. and I basically gave up and packed my stuff

one of the problems I have with this car is the 9x5 bearings. they just can not support the axles which wobble around like crazy. I have gone through probably about 10 sets already.

the other is the shock plastics, which have massive play in them. I ended up exchanging the sway bar ball ends with the shock ball ends to remove the bottom play but the top still has it. to solve the prblem I will get my self a set of new TM shocks.

well I am going back to dismantling my car...
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #19069
Tech Master
 
Guo Chean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Indiana, PA15701
Posts: 1,492
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
what is this ceramic balls??? is this the one that comes with the kits???
Ceremic ball is lighter, last longer than Tungsten Carbide ball.
__________________
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]|HotBodies|HPI|Full Throttle Motorsports|KO PROPO|DSM|Nosram|JACO|MUCH MORE RACING|Schacht Design Works|[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Guo Chean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:36 AM   #19070
Tech Addict
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
what is this ceramic balls??? is this the one that comes with the kits???
steel came with the kit.... ceramic is optional.
__________________
The Blue Armada: Tamiya TRF415MSXX, Tamiya TA05MS, Tamiya/Xenon TA05
Novak Brushless, Orion/Peak LiPo batteries, 5-cell
Sanwa M11 DSSS, KO Propo Servos
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 AM   #19071
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

rampal

Did you already made that new diff?
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:04 AM   #19072
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 182
Default

where do you guys get the cermaic balls?
chumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #19073
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,044
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
For those who want to test massive IR, try to find someone with a kawada around you. I used to own one and I am kicking myself in the head now for selling it. yeeees the support is low and I hear now that Champ has quit working with them (which makes getting parts hard)

but with 1.75 IR that car just flies. I used to run 23T in mod class with it. massive 24 center pulley

I may end up building a 20T center pulley for kicks and try it out... but mostly I would want it for stock racing.

but I have to admit that the car handles and drives so well at the moment that I dont feel like changing and major components. I had major problems with motors and electronic last weekend. I had a novak 4.5 literally blow up. Then I blow up a 10T and finally the ESC cut off for good. and I basically gave up and packed my stuff

one of the problems I have with this car is the 9x5 bearings. they just can not support the axles which wobble around like crazy. I have gone through probably about 10 sets already.

the other is the shock plastics, which have massive play in them. I ended up exchanging the sway bar ball ends with the shock ball ends to remove the bottom play but the top still has it. to solve the prblem I will get my self a set of new TM shocks.

well I am going back to dismantling my car...

Dude,

If you'ld use the 18t center pulley and a TA-04 diff pulley
you'ld get 32/18=1.77 int ratio!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #19074
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja View Post
And after workday i`ll make that new 18 ball diff
Well, I've got the parts on order to do this now too.
And also the 501x 18t centre pulleys... I'll try this all out at the forthcoming KO GP over here in the UK, be intrigued to see if I can notice a difference.

BTW, I'll have an updated version of the gear chart on my site soon, will have charts for the many different pulley combinations (35/16, 36/16, 35/18, 36/18 etc)

Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 AM   #19075
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Well, I've got the parts on order to do this now too.
And also the 501x 18t centre pulleys... I'll try this all out at the forthcoming KO GP over here in the UK, be intrigued to see if I can notice a difference.

BTW, I'll have an updated version of the gear chart on my site soon, will have charts for the many different pulley combinations (35/16, 36/16, 35/18, 36/18 etc)

Ed
Tryhard

Long time to see you

I have everything already, but no time to do it. Maybe tonight...

We have race weekend, so i`ll try that 18t center pulley fixing and new 16 ball diff if weather allows it
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE

Last edited by Cruisaaja; 08-15-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #19076
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 245
Default diff

It's 16 balls, not 18!

And you can made it with just xtra balls and the TRF501X diff plates. Use a regular TA05 pulley (not the wide pitch). No modification is needed!

Just put in every hole a diff ball (16x) and use the large diff plates. The diff will be smoother and last longer!
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #19077
Tech Adept
 
C van der Hagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 245
Default diff

It's 16 balls, not 18!

And you can made it with just xtra balls and the TRF501X diff plates. Use a regular TA05 pulley (not the wide pitch). No modification is needed!

Just put in every hole a diff ball (16x) and use the large diff plates. The diff will be smoother and last longer!
C van der Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:29 AM   #19078
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Oops, sorry my bad. I ment 16
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #19079
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnold View Post
guys, would the trf415 msxx lower deck set for stick type battery in the attached picture fit the mre? will this chassis be able to accept side-by-side packs, stick type battery, lipo 3200's and lipo 4800's?

i do hope that it fits for i also have the MRE and i've already ordered the MSXX stick type chassis for my MRE
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:07 AM   #19080
Tech Apprentice
 
peejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C van der Hagen View Post
It's 16 balls, not 18!

And you can made it with just xtra balls and the TRF501X diff plates. Use a regular TA05 pulley (not the wide pitch). No modification is needed!

Just put in every hole a diff ball (16x) and use the large diff plates. The diff will be smoother and last longer!
I assume that you are suggesting that there should be 2 rings of 8 balls, rather than drilling 8 extra holes in the outer ring? Have you done this?

If the holes in the inner ring are the correct size it seems to me a better bet than trying to accurately drill more holes in the outer ring. If I tried that I might have to corner the market on TA05 pulleys
peejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net