R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #18976
Tech Champion
 
Kwikvdub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 5,972
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darchard123 View Post
I have an MSX, and i want to run foams on it!!! i know the stock uprights/steering knuckles do not fit foams...i'm wondering what uprights will work with the light weight suspension?

I hear the HPI pro 3/4 uprights are a direct fit and make room for foams, is this true? and if it is do they use the same size bearing?

any help on what i should do would be great.

cheers

I bought this car yesterday and he was selling a set of HPI knuckles and bearings to convert the MSX to a carpet set-up. He might still have it. PM him for info on this conversion. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174446 Look for a pic at the end of the thread. There is also a part # on the label. Hope this helps.

Good luck and happy racing.
__________________
Alex Valdes

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #18977
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Hy there!

I have a question about an MSX upgrade.

A friend of mine wants to run the MSXX center pulley´s.
The aluminium one (the one piece thing for front and rear) is wearing out very fast.

Is it possible, and wich parts are needed to built in the MSXX pulleys (not the oneway one).

If he wants to use the wide pitch 36T onewaypulley, can he mount it on the original MSX Spool, or have he to take the MRE one?

Does the white belt fit with the 36T Diff and oneway pulley ?

I hope you can help me!

Greetings from Austria,
blueman
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #18978
Tech Master
 
rctouringracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: woodstock, ga
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer
Default

If your going to upgrade the center lay shaft I would recommend the the MRE aluminum unit. It uses the TA05 nylon pulleys (16t) and are interchangeable with other sizes so you may alter the vehicles drive ratios.
The 36t alternated one-way pulley will work with MSX spool.
The white belts will work with the alternated pulleys.
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 PM   #18979
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctouringracer View Post
If your going to upgrade the center lay shaft I would recommend the the MRE aluminum unit. It uses the TA05 nylon pulleys (16t) and are interchangeable with other sizes so you may alter the vehicles drive ratios.
The 36t alternated one-way pulley will work with MSX spool.
The white belts will work with the alternated pulleys.
THX
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #18980
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

hey guys,

has anyone got a good setup for carpet for an msx? i have an upcoming meeting and am totally clueless on what to run on carpet (except foams).....

cheers
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:47 AM   #18981
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy there!

I have a question about an MSX upgrade.

A friend of mine wants to run the MSXX center pulley´s.
The aluminium one (the one piece thing for front and rear) is wearing out very fast.

Is it possible, and wich parts are needed to built in the MSXX pulleys (not the oneway one).

If he wants to use the wide pitch 36T onewaypulley, can he mount it on the original MSX Spool, or have he to take the MRE one?

Does the white belt fit with the 36T Diff and oneway pulley ?

I hope you can help me!

Greetings from Austria,
blueman
Download the MSXX manual - all your answers are there!
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:07 AM   #18982
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: victoria BC
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hey guy's just a quick set up questions.

are your guy's stock and 19 turn set up much different. I want to run both class but only have one car. any help would be great.

oh yeah if curious i'm running a MRE with a spool
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #18983
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus View Post
Hey guy's just a quick set up questions.

are your guy's stock and 19 turn set up much different. I want to run both class but only have one car. any help would be great.

oh yeah if curious i'm running a MRE with a spool
I`m in 17turn so can`t help you

Just kidding. I don`t think at there is big set up difference stock vs 19t.

If you have 1 car it`s much easier to use same set up. MRE is a brilliant car in outdoor racing

Give it a try and see what happen...

Just my .2 cent
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE

Last edited by Cruisaaja; 08-03-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 AM   #18984
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealmaterial View Post
hey guys,

has anyone got a good setup for carpet for an msx? i have an upcoming meeting and am totally clueless on what to run on carpet (except foams).....

cheers
How much grip is there?

I found this one
http://www.thard.co.uk/setups/CarpetWars07Rd6.jpg
too be pretty darn good on the rug with highish grip.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #18985
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy there!

I have a question about an MSX upgrade.

A friend of mine wants to run the MSXX center pulley´s.
The aluminium one (the one piece thing for front and rear) is wearing out very fast.

Is it possible, and wich parts are needed to built in the MSXX pulleys (not the oneway one).

If he wants to use the wide pitch 36T onewaypulley, can he mount it on the original MSX Spool, or have he to take the MRE one?

Does the white belt fit with the 36T Diff and oneway pulley ?

I hope you can help me!

Greetings from Austria,
blueman
U can choice for MRE belts
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM   #18986
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

My friend tested use TRF501X new 37T pulley ,
F belt use MRE belt , R belt use Xray T2'007 rear belt .
can change new gear ratio 2.3125
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 PM   #18987
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
How much grip is there?

I found this one
http://www.thard.co.uk/setups/CarpetWars07Rd6.jpg
too be pretty darn good on the rug with highish grip.

HiH
Ed
ok, thanks ill give it a go
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #18988
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
My friend tested use TRF501X new 37T pulley ,
F belt use MRE belt , R belt use Xray T2'007 rear belt .
can change new gear ratio 2.3125

Why go higher......on the reduction

Should want to go lower......want to get as close to 1:1 as possible

Hybrid: 18t 3racing pullies 35t TRF pullies no belt changes 1.944 reduction

That is where the power is at The same IR as the TECH RACING MEDUSA MY07......
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-mre-ta05-024.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-mre-ta05-025.jpg  
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:23 AM   #18989
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

hey guys,

has anyone got a part number for a diff, i have it in my msx but i need to replace it, its a blue one......i cant find the part number anywhere....

cheers
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:04 AM   #18990
Tech Addict
 
surrealmaterial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 651
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial
Default

here is a pic of what im after......anyone know the part number for the diff joints?

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-p08-04-07_21.02.jpg  
__________________
Castle Hill Raceway
surrealmaterial is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net