R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #18796
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
thanks for the hook-up Rod.
Ah man, don't thank me...thank Charlie, Steve, Bob, and everybody at Novak for their hardwork with research and development

BTW, I did my first trackday last weekend with Edgar and Dave. It was AWESOME and I learned a lot about my bike and myself as a rider. Bike is fast and capbale, rider is slow and a wussy
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #18797
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Cool. I think I was using Apollo (can't remember the name, starts with A) diff covers and they are great. Don't have to touch the rear ball diff at all, especially with nitrate balls and Yokomo diff rings. Might grab a pack of these next time I do an order to RC Champ for my spare ball diff.
They were Team Atlas covers and yeh, they look exactly the same as the Tamiya ones just released. I didn't really notice much of a difference on the 415 when I had, as well as with the Cyclone now. Personally, I think the best solution for diff covers has to be what XRay have with their pulleys, but that would mean that Tamiya and Hotbodies would have to release new pulleys with this feature.

If you ever get a chance, see how XRay do their pulleys/covers. Works like a treat!

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 PM   #18798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Sorry, I'm trying to get a download of the MRE manual myself. All the other manuals look okay though. It's just the MRE manual that's missing pages
ah okay sir... I was just trying to help the guy who was asking for the 415 manual... BTW, forgot to ask you, what is missing in the MRE manual?
Xanavi_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:14 PM   #18799
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Planning on running Lipo packs in my MRe once I get it. Do I need any additional battery mount hardware? Is it gonna require drilling holes in my chassis? Does anyone make a velco battery hold down that I can use? I dont like using tape if possible.

Chirag
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 PM   #18800
Tech Master

this sucks!!! we still don't have the Tamiya TRF415 MSXX here in the phil... but you guys have it already in your country... grrrr... how much did you guys get for your MSXX?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 PM   #18801
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Well just put the MRE steering in, looks nice lol. Also appears to have a lot more turn but it also moves the belt! What sort of spacers have you guys put on? The manual states 0.5mm top and bottom (I didn;'t have those spacers so have used 5 * 0.1mm shims) has anyone fiddled with these?

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:52 PM   #18802
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can find (who has them in stock) the 32t diff pulley part #50877? Or if anyone has an extra one they want to sell me please pm me.
Thanks
Sigearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #18803
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
this sucks!!! we still don't have the Tamiya TRF415 MSXX here in the phil... but you guys have it already in your country... grrrr... how much did you guys get for your MSXX?
yup considering that we are nearer in Japan than them a friend of mine got his MSXX from Hongkong for about 17K will ask what's the name of the store that he bought it from
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:28 AM   #18804
Tech Regular

Hi, i want to change my spur gear 102T, can i use 108T or 110T on TRF415?
nino_pohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:05 AM   #18805
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino_pohan View Post
Hi, i want to change my spur gear 102T, can i use 108T or 110T on TRF415?

Yes you can.... I am using 110t right now.
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:04 AM   #18806
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Hi guys,

What is the right settings or combination for the front pivot blocks of 415msx? Thanks!
Centerfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #18807
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jam-ehz

Heya, folks.. just picked up a used 415MSX, just wondering what parts I need to get it running the TA05 pulleys.. I have a few spares from my TA05, but just want to make sure before I rip stuff apart..

Will the alternated type work, or do you have to stick with the regular ones? Will the one-way work the same way?

Is the spur holder in the MSXX the same as the TA05's? I looked at the parts listing and it's just called Spur Gear Holder: 49419 and Pulley Holder: 49419, referring to the MSXX kit..

I'm not sure about the spur shaft.. looks like the lightweight one doesn't have the c-clips needed to keep those bearing holders in place, and I just need the original TA05 shaft.. is that correct?

I assume the white belts will work fine, just need to reduce the tension on the belts with the larger pulleys...

I remember a conversation about it a while back, but I can't find the search-thread option since they changed the look of the forum...

Thanks a bunch!
James

Last edited by Jam-ehz; 07-05-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Jam-ehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #18808
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
Heya, folks.. just picked up a used 415MSX, just wondering what parts I need to get it running the TA05 pulleys.. I have a few spares from my TA05, but just want to make sure before I rip stuff apart..

Will the alternated type work, or do you have to stick with the regular ones? Will the one-way work the same way?

Is the spur holder in the MSXX the same as the TA05's? I looked at the parts listing and it's just called Spur Gear Holder: 49419 and Pulley Holder: 49419, referring to the MSXX kit..

I'm not sure about the spur shaft.. looks like the lightweight one doesn't have the c-clips needed to keep those bearing holders in place, and I just need the original TA05 shaft.. is that correct?

I assume the white belts will work fine, just need to reduce the tension on the belts with the larger pulleys...

I remember a conversation about it a while back, but I can't find the search-thread option since they changed the look of the forum...

Thanks a bunch!
James
The 36t diff pulley (regular or alternated) is a direct fit, but for the one-way pulley, you either have to get the new MSXX oneway to have that pulley fit or have some way of milling it and making it less thick.

I am not sure whether the center layshaft from the TA05 will fit the MSX, it probably won't.

The white belts will work fine as long as you set your belt tension to one of the loosest positions. I suggest getting the newer belts and running the plastic center pulleys, the new belts have a different tooth profile and the plastic center pulleys put less wear on the belts.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #18809
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by buboy28 View Post
yup considering that we are nearer in Japan than them a friend of mine got his MSXX from Hongkong for about 17K will ask what's the name of the store that he bought it from
did this friend of yours bought it online or personally? That's cheap, I think. Maybe, if ever we're going to have the MSXX here already in the Philippines, the price would be more or less likely, around 25k. I magine the gap of the price from hongkong, or other countries.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #18810
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34 View Post
did this friend of yours bought it online or personally? That's cheap, I think. Maybe, if ever we're going to have the MSXX here already in the Philippines, the price would be more or less likely, around 25k. I magine the gap of the price from hongkong, or other countries.
he bought it from Hongkong personally i think 25K will be too much for the MSXX since i bought my MRE slightly lower than that price( 24K) i think if ever our LHS will have the stock it should be around 19 to 20K and i think it will be already a very fair price
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote