R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2007, 11:09 PM   #18481
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy RE: dif issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino_pohan
I already change the trust bearing with the new one.. but is not work too...
Sounds like you stripped the screw itself. Isn't there a spacer that goes between the bearing. Did you forget to put that in?
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:48 AM   #18482
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well thanks to everyone for their suggestion on the cars setup. we didnt have rain this weekend and the track had a lot of bite.

I managed to get the 2nd place, I lost the first place when I got a stop and go penalty for ramming while I was lapping someone, It was my fault as the gentleman was cruising along and I was heading down the small straight like a cruise missile . Oh well need to be more careful next time

the car weighted 1501gr and the regulation limit was 1500gr

Setup;:

Front:
+1 toe
-1.5 camber
4 degree c-hubs
3.5mm spacer on the back of the suspension arm
1B(front)-1A
upper connecting arm, 0.5mm spacer inside 0 outside
steering conn arm, 0.5 mm inside 0 on knuckle (I have square knuckle and the rod was connected to the closest hole to the shaft)
40wt oil 3 hole pistons yellow springs
4.5mm height, 3mm droop
medium sway bar.
Ball diff

rear:
-3 toe
-2 camber
0 degree hubs
2mm spacer on the front of the suspension arm
1XB(front)-1D
upper connecting arm, 0.5mm spacer inside 1 outside
40wt oil 3 hole pistons Red springs
4.5mm height, 3mm droop

the car was shimmed all around to remove slop.

Tires:

sorex 28 with hara black ver1 inserts excel dish wheels
No wheel spacers

ko 2413 servo, Molac ESC, CP 10x2 (the rotor finished before the final) and CP 10x1 (was actually faster) I used one fan on the esc as I had cut off problems and one was in between the motor and the esc. On the motor I used an old Racetech water jacket which I soaked with cold water.

gear ratio: 76spur, 24 pinion, 2.25 internal

best lap was 20.050 (19 sec eluded me this race ) best lap of the track was 19.940

1st place was rdx PHI with 8x2 in it the 3rd place was Xray T1 with 4.5 Brushless.

Last race I finished 2nd again so I need to start winning if I want to get the champ cup our national champion ship has 5 legs so we will see what happens in the end.

Racing since the 20th century
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:01 AM   #18483
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Reedy Race update..
Marc R wins in invite

Looking at the pics, looks like he was running the MSXX chassis and top deck, and certainly looks like a bigger centre pulley... also looks like standard length LWT arms, and not the short.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=523
Need some higer res pics really.

Maybe Mr Numan can share the tamiya teams setup

Laters
Ed
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 AM   #18484
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think Marc runs the short arms just for indoors, along with the old original chassis and topdeck.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #18485
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Reedy Race update..
Marc R wins in invite

Looking at the pics, looks like he was running the MSXX chassis and top deck, and certainly looks like a bigger centre pulley... also looks like standard length LWT arms, and not the short.

Laters
Ed
AND,

Tamiya USA's driver Corey Lewis TQ'd and won 19t Open Spec...congrats dawg! And another big shout goes out to Rod Canare for an overall third in Open Mod. Tamiya was really strong...minus my dismal performance.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #18486
Tech Adept

Silly thing, but why he does`t use his own MRE, because that version is made for asphalt, wright?
Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #18487
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to rampal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
Silly thing, but why he does`t use his own MRE, because that version is made for asphalt, wright?
I think because MSXX lowedeck is only 2mm, and its topdeck flex a bit more than MRE... that is better for low traction... I really don't think it's because MSXX uses Evo 5 bumper, that is not!!

Did reedy allowed 6 cell as well on mod?? I wonder, because Marc's is clearly using 5... so can we say 5 is better??
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:03 AM   #18488
Tech Master

5-cell mod IS faster that's a definate. At the first two rounds of the BRCA nationals the previous 6-cell track records have been smashed and beaten by quite a few drivers.

MSXX chassis is 2mm, and the pack is placed further back. It's better for 5-cell mod because it helps provide mexhanical grip and is lighter, whilst the overall balance of the car isn't too bad.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #18489
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nino_pohan
I change diff locknut holder (T) but is not work too. i check diff locknut is still good... How about diff ball or diff joint because i dont try to replace it..
Did you glue the diff locknut in the diff locknut holder? Just a drop of CA gue will hold it in place, be sure not to get glue inside the nut threads.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 AM   #18490
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Reedy Race update..
Marc R wins in invite

Laters
Ed
Awesome run for the Tamiya guys. I bow down to Mr Corey Lewis for his victory in 19T, he pulled off the the triple crown at the Tamiya track. TCS Nat winner, KO Grand Prix winner, and now the Reedy Race Champion! Freaking dialed and great stuff. He definately earned his Lobster and Filet Mignon dinner last night.

I'm not Numan but I can say that our cars were the best they've ever been at the Tamiya track.

As for the chassis, I believe we were all running the 2.5mm chassis with a mix of top decks. I remember seeing Marc with a short supsension at one point but I do not know if he went back to the standard LW suspension. Some of us used the new center pulley/belts and it definately freed up my already-free drive line. Also, a lot of us were running McMaster Carr, or Yokomo steel screws on the top deck so that we could really crank down on them and the cars were rock solid and consistantly held their tweak even after clipping curbs, or the kink at high speed.

rampal, the Invitational class had to run 5 cell. Open Mod and Spec had the option to run 5 or 6. I tried 6 cell with a BL 3.5 and it was just too much power for the setup, tires, and track conditions. I went to 5 cell after two practice runs and changed absolutely nothing on setup with the exception of going up to 500 in shock oil and the car was the best it's ever been.

I'll try to add more details when my mind is a little less foggy.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #18491
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
AND,

Tamiya USA's driver Corey Lewis TQ'd and won 19t Open Spec...congrats dawg! And another big shout goes out to Rod Canare for an overall third in Open Mod. Tamiya was really strong...minus my dismal performance.
Holla! Hi Steve, it was a pleasure finally meeting you and hanging out. Thanks for putting my car down during the mains, I really appreciate the help. Also, don't worry about the runs...(the ones on the track at least) I saw a bunch of them and they were getting better and more punched every time. At the end, it was right there.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #18492
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Awesome run for the Tamiya guys. I bow down to Mr Corey Lewis for his victory in 19T, he pulled off the the triple crown at the Tamiya track. TCS Nat winner, KO Grand Prix winner, and now the Reedy Race Champion! Freaking dialed and great stuff. He definately earned his Lobster and Filet Mignon dinner last night.

I'm not Numan but I can say that our cars were the best they've ever been at the Tamiya track.

As for the chassis, I believe we were all running the 2.5mm chassis with a mix of top decks. I remember seeing Marc with a short supsension at one point but I do not know if he went back to the standard LW suspension. Some of us used the new center pulley/belts and it definately freed up my already-free drive line. Also, a lot of us were running McMaster Carr, or Yokomo steel screws on the top deck so that we could really crank down on them and the cars were rock solid and consistantly held their tweak even after clipping curbs, or the kink at high speed.

rampal, the Invitational class had to run 5 cell. Open Mod and Spec had the option to run 5 or 6. I tried 6 cell with a BL 3.5 and it was just too much power for the setup, tires, and track conditions. I went to 5 cell after two practice runs and changed absolutely nothing on setup with the exception of going up to 500 in shock oil and the car was the best it's ever been.

I'll try to add more details when my mind is a little less foggy.
sweet good job.
I'll let you off posting setups now, but sometime this week would be good

Ed
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM   #18493
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to rampal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec
Yeah, if you look at the pictures, Marc must be running MRE chassis, as looking closely, the holder of the bumper although is the MSXX one, it is in the wrong position and doesn't have the screws in....
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:03 PM   #18494
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rctouringracer

Hey, need some help! Removed my Novak GTX speed control from my MSX and installed a GTB and a 4.5BL motor. The car worked great with the GTX but now it glitches under heavy acceleration greatly affecting the steering servo, plus the throttle is hyper sensitive!!!!! I've done the text book trouble shooting procedures, including re routing the wires, replacing the reciever with 2 known good units, changing the location of the receiver, and changed the batteries in my transmitter. Is it possible that I got a bum speed control or could it be the motor? The speed control is new out of the box but the motor is second hand.... Until I can resolve this issue I'm going to have to reinstall my GTX.
Can someone give some suggestions for gear ratios for a 8x1 brushed motor.

Thanks in advance.....
rctouringracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:43 PM   #18495
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Grindog001

Hi, i have just bought a cheap 415 MSX (i think) off ebay.

Can someone tell me what are the main differences between a MSX, Refine 2 and a MRE?

thanks, john
Grindog001 is offline   Reply With Quote