Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Old 05-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by belgianchamp

What have they done with the front suspension block where the front belt passes??They dont used a bridge block and they cutted alu bleu away.
I notice that same... maybe something new?

Btw. Nice overall layout
Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thx Guys 4 the short arms answers...

Eirik was Marc and Victor using the short arms last weekend in Motodrom race(Germany)????Pls post the setup when u have him!

What have they done with the front suspension block where the front belt passes??They dont used a bridge block and they cutted alu bleu away.
looks like the way his steering links are set up, it hits the suspension block. so the block was grinded down so it doesnt hit.

the upside down block is at a narrower suspension block. maybe an XA, XB, XC or XD. those can be flipped upside down along with a 3mm spacer to create a bridge block.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
looks like the way his steering links are set up, it hits the suspension block. so the block was grinded down so it doesnt hit.

the upside down block is at a narrower suspension block. maybe an XA, XB, XC or XD. those can be flipped upside down along with a 3mm spacer to create a bridge block.
those blocks are actually sold witht he 3mm spacers. (I just received some)

I noticed he is not using servo saver.... I break everything with a servo saver god knows what will happen with out one
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
those blocks are actually sold witht he 3mm spacers. (I just received some)

I noticed he is not using servo saver.... I break everything with a servo saver god knows what will happen with out one
funny you mention the direct servo connection. i tried this 3 weeks back. i loved how it felt. but boy did i destroy that servo when i slammed up against the wall! toasted half the teeth in the servo gear.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Ok this may sound funky but, do you guys have any rain setups? from the looks of it we will be racing in the rain this weekend.

thanks guys
Old 05-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
funny you mention the direct servo connection. i tried this 3 weeks back. i loved how it felt. but boy did i destroy that servo when i slammed up against the wall! toasted half the teeth in the servo gear.

If you want to try, buy the kawada servo saver. that is the best. they come with lock pins which shear off if you impact. up to that point you have direct servo control after that you have normal servo saver

I raced a season with the sigma2 and loved it. after I got the msx that was the first upgrade I did. which reminds me I need to get an extra one
Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Ok this may sound funky but, do you guys have any rain setups? from the looks of it we will be racing in the rain this weekend.

thanks guys
Yep I have a rain setup: don't change anything, there is plenty of grip in the rain. If the track's drying up though you might want to go softer on springs.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Yep I have a rain setup: don't change anything, there is plenty of grip in the rain. If the track's drying up though you might want to go softer on springs.
we usually have low bite tracks here... I was using yellow fronts and red rears... yello tamiya oil...

any suggestions
Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

thanks guys

Hello dude,

Over here in belgium there is allot of rain...maybe i can help u?

This is what i do to get some traction in the rain...:

-Put Pitshumizu D20 Tires on ur car (pre-glued from LRP-Nosram)they are
awesome in wet conditions!
-Change ur rideheight to 6 or 6.5mm front and rear thats beceause the water can pass under your chassis.
-Use ski-wax on your tires if its allowed in your country?
-Use blue-yellow tamiya springs or the HPI-HB standard gold-silver springs...
-1.5° camber 3°toe-in on the rear
-40WT oil around the car with 3 holes. No red sponges in dampers.
-I dont change the droop im always driving 4rear 5front measured with AE droop gauge.
-Very important use spool!
-Put ur esc power program to smooth when ur running MOD when running stock put it on full power...

Thats al i can say...oow something important, just take ur time when packing ur electronics.Heres my rain car for next weekend(i got my rheinard packed in for the rain and my MSXX for the dry conditions wit the LRP BL 4.5)
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00006.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-dsc00007.jpg   Tamiya TRF415-dsc00008.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

thanks m8

what is ski-wax and what do you use it for
Old 05-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

thanks m8

what is ski-wax and what do you use it for
I use it for climbing snowhills They put it on there skis to get traction up in the snow.

So we use it to get traction in the rain...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

I use it for climbing snowhills They put it on there skis to get traction up in the snow.

So we use it to get traction in the rain...
LOL I thought you were pulling my leg when you said ski wax I ll need to stop by the ski shop tomorrow
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you want to try, buy the kawada servo saver. that is the best. they come with lock pins which shear off if you impact. up to that point you have direct servo control after that you have normal servo saver

I raced a season with the sigma2 and loved it. after I got the msx that was the first upgrade I did. which reminds me I need to get an extra one
Where did you buy the Kawada servo saver from?
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi there MRE owners:

just get my stuff from champ, basically front diff and spool and direct spur assembly. Please look at the MRE manual attachment and answer the following question, please:

shouldn't be between the e-clip and the BG9 (once you put BG11 in place) a spacer?? the TA05 have one there, don't know the MRE should have one....

thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-mre-direct-pulley.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Where did you buy the Kawada servo saver from?
rcchamp. Suganuma San

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.