R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2004, 12:08 PM   #1771
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

it has the three sizes bars fr and rear, full set of toe blocks... springs are just the yellows. you will prolly need others, depending on your surface.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #1772
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
Rick
so what is faster for you currently? EVO3?

I have to say the EVO3 is working pretty good for me. Did win all of the last four 27T stock races including today with the EVO.
Im watching the 415 but Im waiting until price drops.
My 415 is already faster than my evo but i feel it can be made far faster i just need to find the extra i am looking for in my setup. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 01:35 PM   #1773
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
My 415 is already faster than my evo but i feel it can be made far faster i just need to find the extra i am looking for in my setup. Rick
whats tbh from your last post.
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:12 PM   #1774
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
49341 TRF415 STRAIGHT PACK TYPE LOWER DECK 8800YEN 27TH (May)

New item seen on rainbowten.

Does it mean for a stick pack battery configuartion or the lower deck that was shown on Maezumi's car featured at the LRP Touring Car Masters wherein Marc Rheinard won.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:32 PM   #1775
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default Re: Re: Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
ill get you one in the next day or so.. PM me and ill email it to you directly.
Hi Chris. Saw your picture re the locked center pulley. Like the idea you came up with. I was wondering if you could also post the picture that you were going to send TamiyaRacer, so everyone could see it. Since all of us here have the same vehicle and are still trying to figure out ways to lock-up the center pulley.

I'm guessing Tamiya will come out with a locked center-pulley & center shaft for the 415 by still keeping the same dimensions of the center one-way pulley but instead of having one-way bearings housed inside the pulley, it'll be a reg pulley with the set screw in the middle of the pulley (similar with the spur gear adaptor set screw locking mechanism on the center shaft) to lock it down with the paired center shaft to accomodate the pulley. I hope/guess that's what Tamiya will come out with.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:43 PM   #1776
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Photo

Quote:
Originally posted by JRRobiso
Hi Chris. Saw your picture re the locked center pulley. Like the idea you came up with. I was wondering if you could also post the picture that you were going to send TamiyaRacer, so everyone could see it. Since all of us here have the same vehicle and are still trying to figure out ways to lock-up the center pulley.

I'm guessing Tamiya will come out with a locked center-pulley & center shaft for the 415 by still keeping the same dimensions of the center one-way pulley but instead of having one-way bearings housed inside the pulley, it'll be a reg pulley with the set screw in the middle of the pulley (similar with the spur gear adaptor set screw locking mechanism on the center shaft) to lock it down with the paired center shaft to accomodate the pulley. I hope/guess that's what Tamiya will come out with.
ill post the picture on here.. troy just wants a picture from up above to see if everything is lined up properly... from what i can remember, i did this way because the belt is lined up just right. i only dremeled off about 1.2 mm total off the two center pulleys and the spur gear adapter.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:54 PM   #1777
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JRob
Chris's solution was what a few of us came up with because there is not any plans to come up woth a locked center. This is directly from Tamiya Japan TRF USA was told to solve it ourselves. If you look back you will see the inside parts being made by Dave Beale for Very Limted release not sure if the public will have access. He is also making a spool from the original 1way unit.

This is also the same with a diff for the front of the car there is no plans in the pipeline for a diff kit or parts. There have been a few suggestions on how to build one from other mfg's parts. HPI being the only successful one I know of but there is a Kyosho & Yok fix but I have not heard a final success or failure on those.

On some other threads there is talk Tamiya has their heads somewhere for those here reading this, the cars were designed off shore(Japan/Asia) most of their running is rubber no foam so there is not a demand in their eyesfor these parts. If you are waiting on these parts there is no release plans that any of us have heard of.

Enjoy the car I know this makes some solutions for TCS harder for others and makes the care less palatable for some. Give it a shot it is definately fast and so far looks to be an awesome effort for Tamiya.

Chris, the reason for the pic is that when Troy and I were visualizing the fix we were looking at the pulleys face to face with the set screws on the outsides. Looks good so far. I did not see your name on the list hope you find a way in.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:05 PM   #1778
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
Chris, the reason for the pic is that when Troy and I were visualizing the fix we were looking at the pulleys face to face with the set screws on the outsides. Looks good so far. I did not see your name on the list hope you find a way in.
Mr. D... ya i was kinda disappointed when i didnt get in. thats just my luck with lotteries but with raffles! thats something else. last year i won a $300 grand father clock, a TA04, Tamiya tool set, and tons of other stuff

i dont know enough of the important people or have enough pull to find a way in ian didnt get in either. oh well there's always next year.

we'll just help film with izzy and make a KILLER dvd.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:49 PM   #1779
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default Reedy

Chris, I hope that cause you and Ian didn't make it in, that When I fly down there to watch the best racers race, That I will still be able to see ya guys and hang with the TA0B
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #1780
Tech Master

Quote:

we'll just help film with izzy and make a KILLER dvd. [/B]
oh yeah, So where is my DVD form Last years Nats???
Old 04-12-2004, 05:53 PM   #1781
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyarcracer
Chris, I hope that cause you and Ian didn't make it in, that When I fly down there to watch the best racers race, That I will still be able to see ya guys and hang with the TA0B
oh ya.. you can definitely chill with us.. maybe we can hit up dromo1 at night and do some go cart racing. hopefully mr. difuser will be healed enough to join us also. heck, both of you guys grab a camera and help us film!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamiyarcracer
oh yeah, So where is my DVD form Last years Nats???
i dont know? i dont even know where mine is???
Old 04-12-2004, 05:54 PM   #1782
Tech Lord

EVERYONE is welcome to TAOB heck.. everyone has done it at least once!
Old 04-12-2004, 06:05 PM   #1783
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what is TAOB ? my engrish is bad
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:08 PM   #1784
Tech Lord

Default Explanation of TAOB :)

TAOB is a filipino word that means to "flip over". its kind of a play on words... also, filipinos are commonly referred to as "flips". so double meaning there.

although our "little" racing group doesnt solely comprise of filipinos, thats how the name came about, because when the original members (eeyan, dyaz21, etc) all started out, all their cars were always flipping over. thus TAOB Racing was born. and we have closet honorary members like tamiyarcracer, difuser, steve wang, scotty ernst...

guys who "TAOB" their cars but are very secretive about it!
Old 04-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #1785
Tech Master

Default Re: Explanation of TAOB :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
TAOB is a filipino word that means to "flip over". its kind of a play on words... also, filipinos are commonly referred to as "flips". so double meaning there.

although our "little" racing group doesnt solely comprise of filipinos, thats how the name came about, because when the original members (eeyan, dyaz21, etc) all started out, all their cars were always flipping over. thus TAOB Racing was born. and we have closet honorary members like tamiyarcracer, difuser, steve wang, scotty ernst...

guys who "TAOB" their cars but are very secretive about it!
How many of us closet honerary members has shirts though??