R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #17791
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guy's
Are any of you guy's using the Air duck for the MSXX and if so does it work well or not?
Thanks Guy's
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:40 AM   #17792
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

What will be the effect of having a smooth balldiff compared to not so smooth? i race yesterday and i think dust went into the balldiff and when im rotating the balldiff it's not smooth.
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:29 AM   #17793
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,283
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
Ed. I notice at you use those cone washers your top deck. Did you feel at tweak broblem is gone after that modification?

I made order M3 countersink washers and i`ll try those also with my MRE.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=209731

Thanks
To be honest, not really... I still find the car tweaks after a heavy hit. I'm thinking about whipping out my counter-sunk drill bit to solve it fully... but for this weekend, I'm going to run it like that again, had very little luck last time out, seemed to get walloped at least once a run.

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #17794
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Ok. You made it different way... i think, i`ll do it with flathead srews.
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:02 AM   #17795
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee
Had some spare time earlier today and decided to put the short arms in and rebuild the CVDs. I'm very keen to try this setup in a couple of days time. With D-D blocks at the front, X-E blocks at the rear and std hexes with 1mm shims, the car comes to 187mm.
I'm happy to report that the short arms worked a treat for the one run that I had an hour ago before the rain came. I'm basically running the Numan setup with short arms and suspension blocks as quoted above (but no shims under the suspension blocks. The car seems to grip much better with more steering. There is still more turn-in push than I'd like but mid-corner and exit steering is so much better. I will replace the 0.5mm ackerman shim with a 1mm shim next week to see what improvements this brings. I'm a much happier camper...
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 AM   #17796
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey
droop = memo
About Marc Rheinard's Rubber Setup PDF File :

Someone said to me the memo was actually talking about wheel hex / wheel hub thickness, which is 5F, 4R ( the japanese translation ).

So where to look at the downstop value ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM   #17797
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,283
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
About Marc Rheinard's Rubber Setup PDF File :

Someone said to me the memo was actually talking about wheel hex / wheel hub thickness, which is 5F, 4R ( the japanese translation ).

So where to look at the downstop value ?
rebound stroke...
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #17798
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hey Guy's
Are any of you guy's using the Air duck for the MSXX and if so does it work well or not?
Thanks Guy's
Addam

Anyone please.
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #17799
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

One of our locals reported about 20d F drop in motor temps on indoor asphalt
__________________
UF1 Seattle - SPEEDWERKES - VBC Racing - Team ORCA
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #17800
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee
I'm happy to report that the short arms worked a treat for the one run that I had an hour ago before the rain came. I'm basically running the Numan setup with short arms and suspension blocks as quoted above (but no shims under the suspension blocks. The car seems to grip much better with more steering. There is still more turn-in push than I'd like but mid-corner and exit steering is so much better. I will replace the 0.5mm ackerman shim with a 1mm shim next week to see what improvements this brings. I'm a much happier camper...
veecee, are you running a front one way or the spool?
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #17801
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
veecee, are you running a front one way or the spool?
Hi Burlap, I'm running a spool. I used to run one-ways especially in stock. Now with the Mamba I need brakes... I really want to get a setup nailed with a spool. Going back to one-ways is the last resort.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 PM   #17802
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee
Hi Burlap, I'm running a spool. I used to run one-ways especially in stock. Now with the Mamba I need brakes... I really want to get a setup nailed with a spool. Going back to one-ways is the last resort.
Ok, because I am only running stock and therefore one way only, and wondering with the D blocks on the front give the front end enough width to stop binding with the one way.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:32 AM   #17803
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

hi guys want to ask this i want to use spool can i just buy this RC TRF415 Fnt Direct Coupling - Spool part#49358 and put this into my 415(1st version)? Will my black front universals(42mm) will fit? also what front pulley should i put? can i put my existing front oneway pulley when i have this RC TRF415 Fnt Direct Coupling - Spool?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:21 AM   #17804
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
Ok, because I am only running stock and therefore one way only, and wondering with the D blocks on the front give the front end enough width to stop binding with the one way.
Hey Burlap. I thought you ran C-A and found no binding. If that's the case you should be ok. FYI, I estimate the drive shafts pins to be further inboard by 1 to 1.5mm.
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #17805
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee
Hey Burlap. I thought you ran C-A and found no binding. If that's the case you should be ok. FYI, I estimate the drive shafts pins to be further inboard by 1 to 1.5mm.
No, I posted that it binds with the 46mm outdrives, so I am running 42mm at the moment. However it makes the ball cups on the diff shift around too much, and can almost pop the outdrive from it.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net