R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #17761
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Rogier if i was you i'd email them to see if it is actually in stock, my friend has had things on order from them for a couple of months . Best bet is to e-mail RcChamp, they are quick and very reliable

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #17762
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
I'd try replacing the little nut in the diff half. That might have worn out. What diff grease do you use?

Charles
Hi Charles -

I did replace the lock nut. I use the Tamiya anti-wear grease that came with the kit.
__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #17763
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
I had a problem with the Tamiya diff, it kept coming lose. The problem I was having is the locknut would spin inside the plastic locknut holder as I tightened the diff screw. I race at Tamiya's track in orange county, Fred Medel of Tamiya gave me a fix two years ago and I have never had a problem since:

Place a drop of CA glue in the placstic piece that holds the diff locknut, it will keep the nut from spinning as you get to the desired diff tightness, it also helps keep the plastic nut holder from cracking.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

THANKS Tsquare -

I'll give that a try!
__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:18 PM   #17764
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogier
FINALLY!! The airduct for the MSX MR (or MSXX) is for sale!! It's now available for $12,00 at RcModel in Hong Kong. Too bad they don't show the actual stock...
what's the p/n?

thanks

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #17765
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

Here ya go


http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...2e12e6df537cb2
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM   #17766
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

thanks! have any of you used the rcmodel site? looks like they have a lot in stock at fairly good prices, but i'm not sure about using them. anybody have any experience with them?

thanks

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 PM   #17767
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newcastle (England)
Posts: 110
Default

Check they have what you want in stock.I ordered quite alot a couple of weeks ago but some stuff is on back order.They list virtually everything on their site but dont always have the items in stock(you get an email after paying telling you whats out of stock and will follow later).
Delivery was quite good to the UK.
damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #17768
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Hey TRF 415 MSX guys.
I use a Droop Gauge to set the Droop on My R.C. Cars.
How you guys have the Front and Rear Droop set on your TRF 415 MSX.

-I don`t have a TRF 415; I have a TB Evo 5(The TRF 415 MSX and the Evo 5 have the same Suspension.....I think).

Thanks

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:24 PM   #17769
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey TRF 415 MSX guys.
I use a Droop Gauge to set the Droop on My R.C. Cars.
How you guys have the Front and Rear Droop set on your TRF 415 MSX.

-I don`t have a TRF 415; I have a TB Evo 5(The TRF 415 MSX and the Evo 5 have the same Suspension.....I think).

Thanks

Take Care
The 415MSX runs the same suspension as the Evo IV, not the Evo V.

Best to post your question in the Evo V thread, as they will be able to tell you how to set droop on it, and how much.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #17770
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore
Hi Charles -

I did replace the lock nut. I use the Tamiya anti-wear grease that came with the kit.
The anti-wear grease which came in a small pot or the diff grease which comes in little tube? If you're using the wear grease (from the small pot) i'd suggest using the tamiya diff grease of AE diff grease. You only need to put a very small bit of grease on the diff-rings (place small blobs of grease where the wear line is on the diff-rings)

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #17771
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierog
thanks! have any of you used the rcmodel site? looks like they have a lot in stock at fairly good prices, but i'm not sure about using them. anybody have any experience with them?

thanks

vic

Still recommend RC Champ every time....when you email them and ask for what you need, they will tell you if in stock, as well as give you complete price with discounts, freight etc.
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:34 AM   #17772
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

i'm dealing with RC champ right now and i must say they are very patient. so far, they have special ordered the MRE screw bags and the sticker sets for me. i emailed them the p/n for the air scoop and he is going to special order them for me before i pay for the order. pretty good customer service so far!
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:58 AM   #17773
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hierog
i'm dealing with RC champ right now and i must say they are very patient. so far, they have special ordered the MRE screw bags and the sticker sets for me. i emailed them the p/n for the air scoop and he is going to special order them for me before i pay for the order. pretty good customer service so far!
I have been dealing with RC Champ for years, they are one of the best hobby shos in the world, and my main supplier of RC car kits and parts. Great Service and Prices - Highly Recommended
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #17774
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well guys,
Given I had some setup issues with my MRE last time out, namely a lack of mid corner steering, I've been looking at the distance/angles of the steering arms on the MRE and Evo5. Given they use the same steering system, and I haven't had this problem on the the Evo, I figured there was no reason why I can't get the MRE sorted. So I've done some measuring of both the cars, and this is what I've come up with.

Evo5;
Distance between steering posts and suspension blocks = 38mm
Wheelbase - Shims behind arms = 1.0mm
Ackerman Spacers = 1.0mm
Total = 40mm

MRE;
Distance between steering posts and suspension blocks = 37mm
Wheelbase - Shims behind arms = 3.5mm
Ackerman Spacers = 0.5mm
Total = 41mm

The total figure is just all the other values added together... and not the real value It's just a good representative value of distance between the inner and outer ball joints, and hence angle of the steering linkage.
Also, I'm using the hex-headed ball studs on both cars, which are 1mm shorter than the standard type.

Basically, this shows to get the MRE and Evo similar, you need to run an extra 1mm behind the ackerman ball stud on the MRE OR run 2.5mm behind the front arm on the MRE (instead of 3.5mm).

So I'm going to try it out next weekend (final round of carpet wars), running 1.5mm behind the ackerman ball stud on the MRE. The rest of the setup will remain the same as before (1mm under blocks, Short LWT arms, one-way, D/D etc), so hopefully this will work!

I'll let you know how I get on, if anyone else wants to try it out and see what the results are... feel free

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |

Last edited by TryHard; 03-03-2007 at 01:01 PM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #17775
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Well guys,
Given I had some setup issues with my MRE last time out, namely a lack of mid corner steering, I've been looking at the distance/angles of the steering arms on the MRE and Evo5. Given they use the same steering system, and I haven't had this problem on the the Evo, I figured there was no reason why I can't get the MRE sorted. So I've done some measuring of both the cars, and this is what I've come up with.

Evo5;
Distance between steering posts and suspension blocks = 38mm
Wheelbase - Shims behind arms = 1.0mm
Ackerman Spacers = 1.0mm
Total = 40mm

MRE;
Distance between steering posts and suspension blocks = 37mm
Wheelbase - Shims behind arms = 3.5mm
Ackerman Spacers = 0.5mm
Total = 41mm

The total figure is just all the other values added together... and not the real value It's just a good representative value of distance between the inner and outer ball joints, and hence angle of the steering linkage.
Also, I'm using the hex-headed ball studs on both cars, which are 1mm shorter than the standard type.

Basically, this shows to get the MRE and Evo similar, you need to run an extra 1mm behind the ackerman ball stud on the MRE OR run 2.5mm behind the front arm on the MRE (instead of 3.5mm).

So I'm going to try it out next weekend (final round of carpet wars), running 1.5mm behind the ackerman ball stud on the MRE. The rest of the setup will remain the same as before (1mm under blocks, Short LWT arms, one-way, D/D etc), so hopefully this will work!

I'll let you know how I get on, if anyone else wants to try it out and see what the results are... feel free

HiH
Ed
Sounds good Ed. I'm going to play around with droop a bit more on the MSX/RE. If that doesn't cure my lack-of-steering woes, then I'll go to 1mm spacer. If not, then I'm going to short arms. A few people have found these to work well on the MSX/RE
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:56 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net