R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2004, 11:15 PM   #1741
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are the 6. Speedtech carries them but sold out. Here is a link from Tower. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...58&FVPROFIL=++ Still looking for the 8 though. Anyone know what part #50870 is?

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:46 PM   #1742
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are only two different types of front uprights. I was always told they were 4 and 10 but maybe its actually 8. I could measure them when I get home. The original TA04 had a different front block, that when used with the upper camber link/king pin, you have to cut the upper original mount of the part. That was the 50870 part. The 4 degree block I have also seen listed as a 6 degree block, but thats because of the anti dive that the 414 had with the two .7mm shims under the front.
dsrbltoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #1743
Tech Elite

Well only got to run the car once today. New setup felt real good. But the rain came. So we ended up goin indoor on carpet. Had to put up the 415 and bring out the Yokomo. Oh well, guess I gotta wait til next weekend to see if the new setup shows improvement in my lap times.... drats.... ya know... rain just sucks sometimes... haha

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:06 AM   #1744
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Spool Report

Steve,

ran the spool today... it was AWESOME! i dont know if it was me, but it was faster out of the corners than the original one way set up. i checked the car, no visible signs of wear anywear. i did rebuild the entire front when i installed the spool and made sure everything was properly lubricated with anti-wear grease.. ill rebuild the car again after next weekend's race, but so far so good! Troy did an awesome job on the spool! i only ran it at socal, not tamiya. woke up too late. i didnt get a chance to race it because my car broke and i had no spares

Locked center pulley update:
guys... im not sure if its me, but does anyone else have wear on the inside of their bulkhead where the spur gear adapter touches? mine had lots of wear. i did dremel off 2mm off two center pulleys and the spur gear adapter and a flat spot on the shaft. wa-la! it worked. car ran great with the spool. looks like i just need to find a set up and the car is ready for the reedy race (if i get in)

for locking the center pulley, i noticed that the one farthest from the spur gear can actually go inside the bulk head a little bit. this buys you about .50 to .70 mm of space. ill have a picture posted tomorrow sometime.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:15 AM   #1745
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Default Re: Spool Report

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
Steve,

ran the spool today... it was AWESOME! i dont know if it was me, but it was faster out of the corners than the original one way set up. i checked the car, no visible signs of wear anywear. i did rebuild the entire front when i installed the spool and made sure everything was properly lubricated with anti-wear grease.. ill rebuild the car again after next weekend's race, but so far so good! Troy did an awesome job on the spool! i only ran it at socal, not tamiya. woke up too late. i didnt get a chance to race it because my car broke and i had no spares

guys... im not sure if its me, but does anyone else have wear on the inside of their bulkhead where the spur gear adapter touches? mine had lots of wear. i did dremel off 2mm off two center pulleys and the spur gear adapter and a flat spot on the shaft. wa-la! it worked. car ran great with the spool. looks like i just need to find a set up and the car is ready for the reedy race (if i get in)

for locking the center pulley, i noticed that the one farthest from the spur gear can actually go inside the bulk head a little bit. this buys you about .50 to .70 mm of space. ill have a picture posted tomorrow sometime.
Do you know where can I purchase a spool for my 415. Does Steve (SpeedTechRC) carry them?
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:24 AM   #1746
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Spool Report

Quote:
Originally posted by JRRobiso
Do you know where can I purchase a spool for my 415. Does Steve (SpeedTechRC) carry them?
I believe he is testing the prototypes right now. Hopefully he brings them into full production. I am sure Steve is pretty dedicated to the TRF415 because he is racing one this year for the Tamiya Racing Series.

Hopefully that means lots of cool goodies.....
Paul_Kultcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:27 AM   #1747
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer

Quote:
Steve,

Chris glad you liked the spool. Give Steve any constructive feedback, you can think of. So We can make it the best we can.

Tell me how did you get to be one of the prototype testers???
You think Ian will be able to get one?? ;-)

As for the top shaft. I noticed on Dan's that the pully farthest from the spur slipped inside the bulkhead a little, and left a witness mark from rubbing.I was thinking I would make a spacer to fit between the pulley / spur gear mount, and the bearings
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #1748
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Steve,

with full time 4wd, does the car push big time going into corners?
over gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 02:36 AM   #1749
Tech Regular

Any of you guys build the TRF shocks with the Associated Green Slime?

Does everyone just use the kit dif lube or does anyone recommend another dif & thrust lube?

thx
Paul_Kultcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:26 AM   #1750
Tech Fanatic

Well just as i thought i was getting on top of my 415's handling i take it to a different track and the old traits return, a car that feels far to safe and i have to drive it round one line as it will not hold tight around corners so i have to really sweep into them to try and get it round. It feels very unaggressive and the back feels to planted and stable, anymore ideas what to try?. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 07:31 AM   #1751
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Well just as i thought i was getting on top of my 415's handling i take it to a different track and the old traits return, a car that feels far to safe and i have to drive it round one line as it will not hold tight around corners so i have to really sweep into them to try and get it round. It feels very unaggressive and the back feels to planted and stable, anymore ideas what to try?. Rick
have you tried
harder springs/anti roll bars/less toe/higher roll center?
opposite at the front.try white springs at back and blue at front.
does this car have as much understeer as the evo3 sl?
trf racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 08:18 AM   #1752
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Spool Report

Troy and Steve, the prototype spool worked very well during testing at the Tamiya track yesterday. It was run with an 8x1 all day long and shows NO sign of visible wear with NO grooves or notches forming. Clearance between the outdrive slots and universal pins are very close and nearly slop free. They ran the "classic" layout. Setup wise, the car does push with a spool, so you'll need to adjust your setup there and I am still working on mine. I was able to do okay laptimes but then I let DJ drive cold turkey for a battery pack and he beat my laptimes consistenly by a tenth of a second with my own car. Nuts! I've got some ideas and will figure it out soon. BTW, for those who have not received the announcement, the Tamiya track is closed next week because of TamiyaCon.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:04 AM   #1753
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
eeyan IS FILIPINO..and they are known for being late...
Hey eeyan!!!! youre living there already so, be on time!!!
FILIPINO TIME is one hour late hehehehehehehehe
AMERICAN TIME on time!!!!!!

Just had to reply, that post was really funny!!!!!! No pun intended!

Peace and Happy Racing!!!

Lem
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:51 AM   #1754
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
guys... im not sure if its me, but does anyone else have wear on the inside of their bulkhead where the spur gear adapter touches? mine had lots of wear.
Chris, I had that problem too when I first built the car and I had to rebuild the center. You have to play with the placements of the pully and the spur gear holder a little so the spur gear holder won't touch the bulkhead.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 12:16 PM   #1755
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just heard today Yok SD outdrives will work for a 415 frontdiff. Anyone tried this?
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote