R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #17431
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1467
Anyone want a new unused 415msx carbon chassis I have one for sale
how much $$?

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #17432
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 16
Default

All my bits arrived from RC Champ today....Top stuff and all there

Money sent on 2nd Feb - bits delivered in UK on 6th Feb

Still waiting for my LHS (I asked them 3 days before I ordered from HK) to tell me the parts are unavailable in the UK!!!
lucandowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:19 AM   #17433
Tech Regular
 
DTM.inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caloundra, QLD
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hi Guy's,
I bought my TRF415MSX MRE second hand and I did not get the original shock oil included, the car works extremely well so can someone tell me what weight oil comes with the MRE car.

Thanks,
Daniel
__________________
Daniel Austin
DTM.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:27 AM   #17434
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM.inc
Hi Guy's,
I bought my TRF415MSX MRE second hand and I did not get the original shock oil included, the car works extremely well so can someone tell me what weight oil comes with the MRE car.

Thanks,
Daniel

Tamiya 300 oil...

Are you sure the original oil is now in the shocks?

are you running carpet or asphalt?
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 AM   #17435
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucandowen
All my bits arrived from RC Champ today....Top stuff and all there

Money sent on 2nd Feb - bits delivered in UK on 6th Feb
RC Champ has excellent service for overseas!

Another very good place in EU is
http://www.tamiyashop.ch/index.php?c...UR&language=en

Send Andi an email, he is cheap and very reliable (and fast!)
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:18 AM   #17436
Tech Regular
 
DTM.inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caloundra, QLD
Posts: 352
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein Tumert
Tamiya 300 oil...

Are you sure the original oil is now in the shocks?

are you running carpet or asphalt?
No, I'm not sure that the original oil is in the shocks, but I at least wanted to get a start point. The car came set up exactly as it should in every other aspect, so I have to asume that the oil is kit oil.
I'm running asphalt and slicks BTW

Thanks
__________________
Daniel Austin
DTM.inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 AM   #17437
Tech Addict
 
Patriiick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: France, Land of the French Fries.
Posts: 587
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

stock oil is a little on the soft side for some, especially with 3 holes pistons.. but it s quite a nice base for outdoors on a twisty slippery track.
try yellow springs and yellow sway bars all around - then work your way from there as you like.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:50 AM   #17438
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

The kit comes with Yellow oil wich is 400
That is the oil most team drivers use outdoors all the time
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #17439
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
The kit comes with Yellow oil wich is 400
That is the oil most team drivers use outdoors all the time
Opps, I thought the yellow oil coming with the kit is 300...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #17440
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Hey TRF 415 MSX Guys. . . . .did you know that the TRF 415 Marc Rheinard Edition is Discontinued? I`ve checked it on the Tamiya USA site and saw it is Discontinued.

I`m not a Belt Drive Kit Guy(I like Shaft Drive Kits.....I have a TB Evo 5); but I was thinking about getting a TRF 415 MRE.....and you guys sound like a cool group.
-But since it`s a Discontinued Kit(and Tamiya Parts are hard to get in New York City); I`ll wait until a new(er) Tamiya Kit comes out. . . . .Or.....

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:00 AM   #17441
Tech Fanatic
 
hierog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

try Ampdraw.com. they have them in stock
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:46 AM   #17442
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey TRF 415 MSX Guys. . . . .did you know that the TRF 415 Marc Rheinard Edition is Discontinued? I`ve checked it on the Tamiya USA site and saw it is Discontinued.

I`m not a Belt Drive Kit Guy(I like Shaft Drive Kits.....I have a TB Evo 5); but I was thinking about getting a TRF 415 MRE.....and you guys sound like a cool group.
-But since it`s a Discontinued Kit(and Tamiya Parts are hard to get in New York City); I`ll wait until a new(er) Tamiya Kit comes out. . . . .Or.....

Take Care
You have a PM
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #17443
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Hey Harsh Guy; what do you mean by PM?

I like Tamiya`s top-of-the-line kits. But I was thinking of making my 1st Belt Drive Kit/Car a Yokomo Masami Special. Have anyone seen that thing?
It`s a good looking kit. It looks like it runs well.

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:15 AM   #17444
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey Harsh Guy; what do you mean by PM?

I like Tamiya`s top-of-the-line kits. But I was thinking of making my 1st Belt Drive Kit/Car a Yokomo Masami Special. Have anyone seen that thing?
It`s a good looking kit. It looks like it runs well.

Take Care
A Private Message
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #17445
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

PM= Personal Message. Yokomo BD's are known for tweaking even if you clip a bot-dot and can drive away. I would stay away from them . The MRE you might be able to find on ebay if you look hard enough lol

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net