R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2007, 11:03 PM   #17401
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 16
Default

Exactly as Harsh Guys says.....send him a list of what you need and he will give you a price for the parts, a price for using paypal, a shipping price and a total.

I guarantee you wont believe how cheap it is!!!

Rainbow Ten do the same thing.

Waiting on some stuff to arrive as we speak - will report when it arrives

Last edited by lucandowen; 02-05-2007 at 08:20 AM.
lucandowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #17402
Tech Addict
 
m3ndo5a's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Buying 415MSX Parts

WEB Listing/Inquries

Rainbow10.....I do not remember any Paypal fees although its been awhile since I have ordered from them. There shipping is about the same quickness.
There instock is listed everyday.

Rc champ is a good place to order from.....although the Paypal fees 7% on ($400)larger items could cost as much as the shipping charges ($40 shipping/33fees USD) just like state taxes in some places ....that when the price become more comparable to shore prices. ie Car kits/ radios. For Small part the prices are great. The Shipping is quick 2 to 3 days to the Eastern shores although Hong Kong EMS delivery on Sunday .
PS: do not be in a rush for whatever you may order.... with so many e/m's with questions and "non-buyers"....it will hold to your ordering process....Sometime it will take as long as 4 days or as short as 1 day to complete an order......But I've used them for atleast 2yrs straight.
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #17403
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Thanks for the info TRF 415 MSX Guys.
-Those Aluminum Wheel Axles sound like they`ll most likely bend in a crash(only in a crash) on My TB Evo 5. I use a 19-Turn Motor in it(the Aluminum Wheel Axles shouldn`t bend from the power of a 19-Turn Motor.....?).

I`ll get both items; the Aluminum Wheel Axles and the other Rear Uprights.....(Total: $97.00).....crazy Tamiya prices.
-I think those are the only parts that`s missing from the TB Evo 5 that would make it a TRF TB Evo 5.....Ha Ha!

Thanks

Take Care
GuyIsDamGood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #17404
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Thanks for the info TRF 415 MSX Guys.
-Those Aluminum Wheel Axles sound like they`ll most likely bend in a crash(only in a crash) on My TB Evo 5. I use a 19-Turn Motor in it(the Aluminum Wheel Axles shouldn`t bend from the power of a 19-Turn Motor.....?).

I`ll get both items; the Aluminum Wheel Axles and the other Rear Uprights.....(Total: $97.00).....crazy Tamiya prices.
-I think those are the only parts that`s missing from the TB Evo 5 that would make it a TRF TB Evo 5.....Ha Ha!

Thanks

Take Care
Only if you are pro, then go for the LW wheel axle. They will NOT tolerate a small tap on the board, or your car got flipped over.

For an average racer, stick with the steel wheel axle.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #17405
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I haven't had a single problem with the LW axles. I've had them on since October racing 2-3 times a month in stock. I have the occasional crash but nothing massive and they're fine. I'll probably get the steel axles for the outdoor season just in case as i'll be running 19t.

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #17406
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_racer
Only if you are pro, then go for the LW wheel axle.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #17407
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman
I am NOT a pro myself. I am only an average driver
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:01 PM   #17408
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

There should be a "PRO's only" list of parts. And the LW axles are at the top. Along with lightweight bodies, 6T motors, motor magnet zappers, shock dynos, full ceramic bearings...

I switched to the steel ones too.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #17409
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7
Default Gearing Blues

Been reading a lot of the posts on your guys thread and haven't posted anything on it. I am an owner of a 415 MSX car and have a question. I have a 13.5 motor and a 4300 motor. I am currently running a 100 tooth spur and a 36 pinion. What I would like to know...am I way off on my gear ratio? The car seems to be pretty decent in speed and power. I am running the nitrite arm because of heat, and it only runs around 109 degrees. Keep in mind where I race in MI I am the only 415 car in a group of T2s and 007 cars. I am holding my own but I am not sure I am geared right. If anybody can tell me what I should gear either of the motors I would appreciate it. The Novak website has been no help. The gear ratios for this motor must be a big secret! So any help would be appreciated...thank you.

Hotcar
hotcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #17410
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcar
Been reading a lot of the posts on your guys thread and haven't posted anything on it. I am an owner of a 415 MSX car and have a question. I have a 13.5 motor and a 4300 motor. I am currently running a 100 tooth spur and a 36 pinion. What I would like to know...am I way off on my gear ratio? The car seems to be pretty decent in speed and power. I am running the nitrite arm because of heat, and it only runs around 109 degrees. Keep in mind where I race in MI I am the only 415 car in a group of T2s and 007 cars. I am holding my own but I am not sure I am geared right. If anybody can tell me what I should gear either of the motors I would appreciate it. The Novak website has been no help. The gear ratios for this motor must be a big secret! So any help would be appreciated...thank you.

Hotcar
At our track (indoor med - high bite asphalt 90' x 40' track) we are running with the sintered rotor a the 5.0 - 5.2 gear ratio in the 13.5 brushless class.

Last edited by tamiyarcracer; 02-06-2007 at 08:06 PM.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #17411
Tech Fanatic
 
tbeardmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: aka "Rock Star"...!
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcar
Been reading a lot of the posts on your guys thread and haven't posted anything on it. I am an owner of a 415 MSX car and have a question. I have a 13.5 motor and a 4300 motor. I am currently running a 100 tooth spur and a 36 pinion. What I would like to know...am I way off on my gear ratio? The car seems to be pretty decent in speed and power. I am running the nitrite arm because of heat, and it only runs around 109 degrees. Keep in mind where I race in MI I am the only 415 car in a group of T2s and 007 cars. I am holding my own but I am not sure I am geared right. If anybody can tell me what I should gear either of the motors I would appreciate it. The Novak website has been no help. The gear ratios for this motor must be a big secret! So any help would be appreciated...thank you.

Hotcar

I am running Rubber Tires on a large indoor carpet track approx 48 x 96 running a Novak GTB and 13.5 with a sintered rotor (runs about 20 degrees cooler than the stock nitrate arm)

I'm Geared 91 x 44 and this thing SCREEEEEM's. Almost as fast as my 4300.

That's a 42.55mm or a1.675 inch roll-out. (4.65 gear ratio) Temps out @ 144 degree's

__________________
BMI DB10R, Corally RDX PHi, BMI 12R..!!
Need a "real" car... contact me at:
www.beardmorechevy.com -or- www.beardmoresubaru.com
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #17412
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

Hi guys, I was about to get my TRF415msx.. tinking of upgrading some of the parts to MRE.

1. direct pulley
2. steering system

wat parts should i be getting?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #17413
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
Hi guys, I was about to get my TRF415msx.. tinking of upgrading some of the parts to MRE.

1. direct pulley
2. steering system

wat parts should i be getting?
Here is the manual
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/rc/rcman...4trf415msx.pdf

Pulley system=
front belt
rear belt
TA05 16t center gear
Direct center shaft
spur gear stopper
aluminum bearing holder
alternated Oneway pulley
alternated diff pulley

Steering System =
Lower deck
top deck
steering arm
steering bridge
steering post
1ea 23mm turnbuckle
2ea 42mm turnbuckles
4ea 5 x 0.5 spacers
2ea 3 x 0.5 spacers
2ea 3 x 0.1 spacers
1ea 5mm ball stud
2ea 5mm ball nuts
2ea 3x8 countersunk screws
2ea 3 x 10 threaded shafts
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #17414
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by agp
Hi guys, I was about to get my TRF415msx.. tinking of upgrading some of the parts to MRE.

1. direct pulley
2. steering system

wat parts should i be getting?
If you want the new steering system your better off buying the MSXX. Too much hastle to convert. Direct center pully is the way to go!
Just my 2$
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EVO-6,TA-07,TRF419W,EXOTEK-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #17415
agp
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Here is the manual
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/rc/rcman...4trf415msx.pdf

Pulley system=
front belt
rear belt
TA05 16t center gear
Direct center shaft
spur gear stopper
aluminum bearing holder
alternated Oneway pulley
alternated diff pulley

Steering System =
Lower deck
top deck
steering arm
steering bridge
steering post
1ea 23mm turnbuckle
2ea 42mm turnbuckles
4ea 5 x 0.5 spacers
2ea 3 x 0.5 spacers
2ea 3 x 0.1 spacers
1ea 5mm ball stud
2ea 5mm ball nuts
2ea 3x8 countersunk screws
2ea 3 x 10 threaded shafts
thx dude. that was fast.

1. for the pulley system, i can use back the original belts comes with 415msx?
2. If i were use front ball diff, is the diff pulley same as TA05 36T?
agp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net