R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2007, 09:03 AM   #17116
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

thanks stein

ive been to rc champ but there wasnt a page with prices for the kits?

how does the car stand up to the odd knock bump?
im no marc rheinard but im not a demolition man either

i know this is a gritty question but if you bought a mre ltd edition and didnt break the seal would it be worth much in years to come??
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #17117
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
thanks stein

ive been to rc champ but there wasnt a page with prices for the kits?

You need to email them (Mr. Masa will usually reply), there is an email link there. Ask for what you are interested, price, availability and shipping cost to your location...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #17118
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
thanks stein

how does the car stand up to the odd knock bump?
im no marc rheinard but im not a demolition man either
It stands up quite well to some punishment...but the original alu wheel axles will not take too much punishment so you will replace them with the steel ones from the MSX fairly soon. Except for that I have not broken anything, except for replacement of belts and BBs from normal wear...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #17119
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti

i know this is a gritty question but if you bought a mre ltd edition and didnt break the seal would it be worth much in years to come??

No idea...the seal is broken on my 2 kits

Maybe someone else can give an idea on the value of old unopened Tamiya kits...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #17120
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default MRE

I bought an MRE, it cost me $449. RCmodel.hk are still specialling them off, they were $529 I think. Goes like a cut cat with so much steering but still trying to sort out the loose rear.

By the way, if you get one make sure you check the top of the springs for the little dot of blue or yellow, I didnt know the springs were "covert". I had the spring tension all mixed up, blue on left rear and yellow on right rear, made for some interesting handling.
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #17121
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

a couple mistakes by Ed there though: MS had steel screws and the belt stabiliser (that were an option on the original 415). It was also provided with a complete set of suspension blocks and anti roll bars, whereas all the other kits had no spare blocks or roll bars at all. 4mm wheel hexes on the std 415 and the MS.

MSX had different shock too, the limited edition with blue treaded caps and brown fluorine coated bodies + blue alloy spring tensioner (as opposed to the full blue shocks with plastic spring tensioner off the MS). it also introduced the adjustable roll bar links and a slightly different steering plate (although only cosmetics as the geometry was the same) and had the Ti coated hinge pins and 5mm wheel hexes.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #17122
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
which model 415 trf would be suited to a small indoor carpet track?
or is the trf suited to larger tracks?
what parts would be essential to have in my spares box too?
sorry about the questions but the trf thread is huge i would be here for weeks reading
thanks
I will answer your question the most honestly I can. If you're looking for a tough car, easy to drive while being consistent for club racing on carpet, then the original TRF 415 is the car you're looking for. It may not have the easy access diffs and all that, but look at the DHI cup's pictures, that's the car Victor Wilck used, even though it's been out for nearly 3 years now...

MSX forget it for carpet, it took me an awful lot of time and mods to get it to work, maybe the MRE is better but I'm not so sure, I haven't got one.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 PM   #17123
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I will answer your question the most honestly I can. If you're looking for a tough car, easy to drive while being consistent for club racing on carpet, then the original TRF 415 is the car you're looking for. It may not have the easy access diffs and all that, but look at the DHI cup's pictures, that's the car Victor Wilck used, even though it's been out for nearly 3 years now...

MSX forget it for carpet, it took me an awful lot of time and mods to get it to work, maybe the MRE is better but I'm not so sure, I haven't got one.
Marc finished second with the original 415 at the DHI as well

Not many have found a good setup for the MSX yet, I am still working on it
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #17124
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

oh that doesnt sound to good.key factors which trf415boy has pointed out is abit of an upset firstly i dont want to have to struggle with the diffs because our racing is abit rushed in between heats.
eririk it may seem im looking into buying the wrong car for my needs as i really need a quickish carpet car for rubber tyres
i hate to mention the word on here but the xray t2 007 may be more suitable
or am i missing something here???
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #17125
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10
Default

If you're racing carpet with rubber tyres, I would go for the 415 MSX MRE. I have been using the car for 2 weeks myself and it is just sooo easy to drive, and fast. I left my car full kit, except for the following changes: front diff 3 hole pistons in the shocks, 60 W oil all round, and the new short wishbones. I also inclined the front shocks by one. This is run in super stock on a medium grip track with LRP v tech 24 tyres. I hope you find this of some help.
blakeyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #17126
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Marc finished second with the original 415 at the DHI as well

Not many have found a good setup for the MSX yet, I am still working on it
Well if you're willing to do some work here's my setup, it has a lot of stuff changed to the car but it's awesome. This is the setup I qualifed 3rd with in the last two rounds of carpet wars.

One thing I noticed is that the rear tyres wear out a lot faster than the front tyres, this is why the car's understeering with new tyres, and becomes a lot harder to drive as the tyres wear. That's why I raised the rear RC quite a lot, you might want to try it, the car's quite good on new tyres and stays more consistent.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TRF415-415msx_carpet-wars.jpg  
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #17127
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

thanks for the input blakey
we use lrp 24 rubbers so that sounds great

have you got easy access to the diffs on the msx mre?
cheers

trf415boy many thanks your all such a great help this gives me abit more coinfidence to choose the mre as you guys are so help full
thanks to you all
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #17128
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeyx
If you're racing carpet with rubber tyres, I would go for the 415 MSX MRE. I have been using the car for 2 weeks myself and it is just sooo easy to drive, and fast. I left my car full kit, except for the following changes: front diff 3 hole pistons in the shocks, 60 W oil all round, and the new short wishbones. I also inclined the front shocks by one. This is run in super stock on a medium grip track with LRP v tech 24 tyres. I hope you find this of some help.
To be honest, I rebuild my diff about every 3 months so the easy access isn't an issue. All you need to do is use Acer racing ceramic ball diffs and AE stealth lube, diffs smooth as butter and super long lasting.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #17129
Tech Regular
 
pug 205 gti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: england uk
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy
To be honest, I rebuild my diff about every 3 months so the easy access isn't an issue. All you need to do is use Acer racing ceramic ball diffs and AE stealth lube, diffs smooth as butter and super long lasting.
now you know i will be itiching to get one quick!!
pug 205 gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:02 PM   #17130
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
now you know i will be itiching to get one quick!!
Oh yeah the x-ray diffs are a pain, you need to bed them in every time you rebuild them. Tamiyas, just build it, make sure it doesn't slip and off you go.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net