R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 AM   #16981
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
One other thing please guy's, I also have a yokomo oneway joint that goes into the Tamiya oneway, it joins onto the other one on the other side making kind of a oneway spool locking both wheels together so if you spin one the other one spins with it. What is the advantage or disadvantage of using this unit in my one way please.
thank's Guy's.
Addam
Hi Addam. The advantage of this unit would be to ensure that you get the same one-way effect on both sides. When you spin "normal", individual one-ways one side will often stop spinning before the other. I'm not sure if you'll really feel the benefits of the Yokomo unit. I guess if you have it, try it. If you don't have one I wouldn't fuss over it.

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 01-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #16982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks vincent
The guy's with the ceramic balls where closed for christmas and i checked with them on monday and they said they should have them in by friday so expect a present soon.
Thanks mate
addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #16983
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
If you have 48 pitch pinions, then it might be wise to switch. Otherwise throw that 102t Tamiya spur out the window. It is not 64p. its .04 module. Which means that 64p pinions won't fit perfectly on that spur.

If you leave your spur at 102t 64p, a 32t pinion would put you in the ballpark for a Monster Stock motor. Although you didn't make it clear what motor you were you using.

Thanks that helps a lot. I do have 48p pinions and spurs. If that is the ratio you recommend, I am gonna try 75t and 24-25 pinion. Does that sound right?

I am gonna run a Co27 pro.
Bob Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:48 AM   #16984
Tech Addict

Most people is using front spool now. Does it mean onway is slower in most case then spool?

I love to use onway then spool. I don't need to break so I have less thing need to focus on. And oneway is sure turn in faster the spool. I just don't get used on runing spool. What do you think?
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #16985
Tech Addict

What is the part number for the MRE middel oneway?

What is the stock rear toe for the MRE? What mount should I use if I want to add .5 or 1 deg?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #16986
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
What is the part number for the MRE middel oneway?

What is the stock rear toe for the MRE? What mount should I use if I want to add .5 or 1 deg?
A one-way will be the fastest round a course... if you can drive it consistently. Usually there is only one racing line you can take with a one-way, if you go off that (ie lapping someone) you'll loose time. A spool will be a little slower, but is easier to be more consistent...

Std MRE toe in is 3deg. You shouldn't need to run anymore than that, although if you do, change the front block to XC for 3.5, and XD for 4. You could also change the rear block to E, keeping the same front block to get 3.5, or run XC/E to get 4.

MRE middle one-way isn't out yet, I've been using an MSX one retro-fitted. Hopefully when the MSXX is released the new centre oneway (using the plastic pulleys) won't be far behind.

HiH
Ed
Old 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #16987
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Marley
Thanks that helps a lot. I do have 48p pinions and spurs. If that is the ratio you recommend, I am gonna try 75t and 24-25 pinion. Does that sound right?

I am gonna run a Co27 pro.
That sounds like a good place to start with a CO27. 24t pinion gives around 6.5fdr.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #16988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

hello any tamiya faithfulls know the belt sizes for the low friction im wondering if i can run them on my cyclone
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #16989
Tech Addict

TeyHard: Thank you veyr much. You're very helpful.

I feel the spool is making the car slow response. And I like the fast react car so I use oneway. The only problem I see on the oneway is making the car unpredictable. My car can sometimes break loose too much (so out of control and pointing my car into dot) when entering concer. What is the solution on this? I need more grip on the rear/less grip on the front when entering concer. I have some ideas:

1. Softer spring on front
2. Anti dive on front
3. lenghten the car
What do you thing?

Second problem, when I'm getting out of large sweeper, at the end of the sweeper my car break lose. What can I do to slove this? I have some ideas:

A. lenghten the car. No sure this this would help in this car??
B. harder spring on rear

I think if I use 1 and B then my car will have soft front and hard on rear. That doesn't sound normal.

BTW, I run brushless system
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #16990
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can either; tighten the rear diff, or set less rear droop for less weight transfer to the front when you enter the corner off power.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #16991
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default INboard

Hi

I was wondering what is the difference between inboard and outboard toe adjustment? I know the physical difference but why do you adjust the toe blocks for toe in instead of using the hubs?

I think I would know alot more about my car if I knew why

thanks
junn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:56 PM   #16992
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
hello any tamiya faithfulls know the belt sizes for the low friction im wondering if i can run them on my cyclone

Why not take a cyclone belt to any LHS that sells the 415 belts and compare. But it should fit as current cars have cams to alter tension of the belts.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:04 AM   #16993
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
TeyHard: Thank you veyr much. You're very helpful.

I feel the spool is making the car slow response. And I like the fast react car so I use oneway. The only problem I see on the oneway is making the car unpredictable. My car can sometimes break loose too much (so out of control and pointing my car into dot) when entering concer. What is the solution on this? I need more grip on the rear/less grip on the front when entering concer. I have some ideas:

1. Softer spring on front
2. Anti dive on front
3. lenghten the car
What do you thing?

Second problem, when I'm getting out of large sweeper, at the end of the sweeper my car break lose. What can I do to slove this? I have some ideas:

A. lenghten the car. No sure this this would help in this car??
B. harder spring on rear

I think if I use 1 and B then my car will have soft front and hard on rear. That doesn't sound normal.

BTW, I run brushless system
To solve the turn-in problem, try a stiffer spring on the front, or less droop on the rear. Both of these will limit the weight transfer to the front (as KilRuf has already mentioned) off power. There are other things to try as well, but the two I mentioned would be the first on my list.

For the on power out of the sweeper situation, you could try a softer rear roll, or slightly softer shock oil. It sounds like the situatuion is being caused by the rear tyres being highly loaded, and suddenly lossing grip, which is also possibly caused by the car rolling too much. So you could also try a stiffer rear roll bar.

HiH
Ed
Old 01-09-2007, 07:24 AM   #16994
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to canto54

if some of you are interested in aftermarket parts (spool) for the 415, you an have a look here: http://blogsperso.orange.fr/web/jsp/...?blogID=127906

Very high quality parts!!!
He made spools for the MRE pulley or for the standard pulley!!
www.mrclongwy.fr
www.petitrc.com
canto54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 AM   #16995
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C
Why not take a cyclone belt to any LHS that sells the 415 belts and compare. But it should fit as current cars have cams to alter tension of the belts.
No only the rear one fits, the front of the 415 is way too short.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote