R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #16651
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Hey Chris and Harshguy the cars look great.
Thank's Veecee
Addam.
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 AM   #16652
Tech Regular
 
chris_morrison_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: victoria canada
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hey Chris and Harshguy the cars look great.
Thank's Veecee
Addam.
thanks
chris_morrison_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #16653
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
impressive! Your friend is a nice guy, that is probably a few hours of work .
Yea he's a great guy, his name is Scott Barnes ...he's been rewiring my cars for years now ...if I did it it would look like a rats nest
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:50 AM   #16654
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have the part number for the titanium axles for a 415 (I have an MRE but assuming it's the same number) ....I literally snapped a rear axle off into the whell hex at yesterdays race, wheel went left, I went into the wall
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #16655
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Light Weight Axles- TA-53939 (come in pairs i think), Ti Axles- TA-53718, Normal Steel Axles- TA-51094.

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #16656
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

I finally broke a plastic outdrive for the spool yesturday,,,what a relief,I've been wanting to replace the bearings for a while and I could'nt get the out drive off after the blue sleeve was installed,,,all is good,,3 wheeled it to TQ,,,the steel out drives from the ta05 fit fine


p.s one more tip guys,,,,if youre local shop does not have the plastic blades that protect the swing shafts corrally makes the same thing
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #16657
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Help with Diff

Hi There Guy's
I have a big problem with my MSX diff's. I changed the front and rear pulley's to the TA05 wide pitch ones and there great. The broblem is when i put the diff's back together and raced the car the diff's are slipping. I adjusted them at the track but still slipping. I want to pull them appart today and rebuild them, can you guy's give me some advice on setting them up right please. I want so much to get the car running right. The instructions are no good in this area because all it say's is DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. DEEERRR
Any help would be great.
How do you guy's know when the diff's are just right.
Thank's Guy's
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #16658
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi There Guy's
I have a big problem with my MSX diff's. I changed the front and rear pulley's to the TA05 wide pitch ones and there great. The broblem is when i put the diff's back together and raced the car the diff's are slipping. I adjusted them at the track but still slipping. I want to pull them appart today and rebuild them, can you guy's give me some advice on setting them up right please. I want so much to get the car running right. The instructions are no good in this area because all it say's is DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. DEEERRR
Any help would be great.
How do you guy's know when the diff's are just right.
Thank's Guy's
Addam
Did ya replace the diff balls? I tighten mine till snug and then back off 1/2 turn,,,check the diff balls first I think the 05 uses a larger ball being that the plastic is thicker in the middle of the pully,
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #16659
Tech Master
 
Tek Nickal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBSR415
Did ya replace the diff balls? I tighten mine till snug and then back off 1/2 turn,,,check the diff balls first I think the 05 uses a larger ball being that the plastic is thicker in the middle of the pully,
Actually this isn't true, I replaced the stock MSX pulleys to the TA05 puleys and used the same size diff balls. When you check your diff, take 2 wrenches, stick one in each outdrive, hold the wrenches, and try to turn that middle pulley. It should be really hard to almost impossible to turn.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 07:04 PM   #16660
Tech Regular
 
LBSR415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: RAZOR GRAPHIX
Posts: 480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
Actually this isn't true, I replaced the stock MSX pulleys to the TA05 puleys and used the same size diff balls. When you check your diff, take 2 wrenches, stick one in each outdrive, hold the wrenches, and try to turn that middle pulley. It should be really hard to almost impossible to turn.
Yeah I was not 100% sure when I did my conversion my diff balls were pretty worn so I replaced with the parts # from the 05,,,,anyone ever tried ceramics in these?
__________________
Team OHP
Razor Graphix
East Coast R/C
Pantheon Motorsports

These fish,,,are frozen.
LBSR415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:02 AM   #16661
Tech Master
 
Charles Godwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK (England)
Posts: 1,129
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I use the Xenon Ceramics, seem really good and fit really well in the pulley

Charles
__________________
DXR | CML Distribution | Paint by Turnip Paint | TKRgraphics.com
Charles Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:48 AM   #16662
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thank you All

Thanks So Much Guy's for your help. I have alway's used a one way and man was the car so much easier to drive with the diff in the front. The car is handling so well now and i still have a issue with keeping on the motor wires with the Orion V2, But besides that everything is great. I am so wrapped to get on here to ask advice from all you guy's. It really make racing so much better.
I hope you all have a great Christmas and god bless you all.
Regard's
Addam
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:52 AM   #16663
Tech Master
 
Wing Chun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gold Coast,Australia
Posts: 1,025
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

One more thing.
I went to a bearing place and bought 100 ceramic 3mm bearings for $8.00 Australian dollars. The last time I paid $11.00 from a hobby store for 10 Tamiya 3mm Ball's.
Best wishes
Addam smith
Wing Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 AM   #16664
Tech Master
 
veecee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,439
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFMAD
One more thing.
I went to a bearing place and bought 100 ceramic 3mm bearings for $8.00 Australian dollars. The last time I paid $11.00 from a hobby store for 10 Tamiya 3mm Ball's.
Best wishes
Addam smith
Sounds like a great deal Addam. Let me know how they go. Can you PM me their contact details?

Cheers,

Vincent
__________________
SMOKEM --- XPRESS --- MONTECH --- SRT
veecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:01 AM   #16665
Tech Master
 
bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 1,504
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I wouldn't mind that info either Adamm

Got to get some for my Evo & 501x
__________________
Jason W
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net