Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Need some help my 415 is great inside just does everything i want but i went outside today testing and no matter what i do or change the front end in the middle of the corner and exit just pushes wide and will not hold the line on or off power. What shud i try changing to make the difference? Thanks Rick
try also a little toe-in in front.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
nobody at the LRP Masters is using the special chassis.
Even very few drivers are using double upper decks. I have only seen Surikarn and Maezumi using the double. At one picture in this thread the lower of the double deck plates looks silver colour like aluminium or SSG. But from a closer look this is an optical illusion maybe caused by the digicams lightning (?). Infact itīs a slightly brighter graphite upper plate maybe from a different batch.
http://www.lrp-hpi-challenge.com/epp...rikarn_500.jpg

Looking at this picture it seems Surikarn is using the other chassis on his 415???
Old 04-03-2004, 11:35 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kentech
http://www.lrp-hpi-challenge.com/epp...rikarn_500.jpg

Looking at this picture it seems Surikarn is using the other chassis on his 415???
Iīm just leaving for the Masters again. I will look for the chassis but I didnīt saw it yesterday. Maybe he showed it for pictures but I didnīt saw him using it.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Need some help my 415 is great inside just does everything i want but i went outside today testing and no matter what i do or change the front end in the middle of the corner and exit just pushes wide and will not hold the line on or off power. What shud i try changing to make the difference? Thanks Rick
Hi Rick
What setup were you running? I'm going to Carlisle next Sunday for the first round of the Northern Championship and i'm using it as a test for the weekend after.

Alan
Old 04-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

edited

Last edited by webspinner; 04-04-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah web these cars are good, you seriously need to looking in purching one if you haven't already.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Difuser
Rick, where are you set suspension front and rear. I have just the opposite outdoors. The front pulls for days but pushes on the way in.
Hi Dan the settings are as follows,

Tamiya Type A's all round with black inserts,

Front,
Blue springs,
400wt oil 3 hole pistons and urethane bushing,
No roll bar,
D blocks front and back both flat to the chassis,
4mm under the front inner link,
Shocks in stock hole on the tower,
Outer hole on the wishbone,
Wheelbase 2mm in front of the arm 0.7mm behind,
forward hole for the steering link.
1.5 deg of camber,
1 deg of toe out in total.

Rear,
Blue springs,
400wt oil 3 hole pistons and urethane bushing,
No roll bar,
A block front C block rear both flat to chassis,
New rear hubs with link in the stock position but with 2mm of spacers under the outer link,
Shocks in outermost hole on the tower,
Outer hole on the arms,
Wheel base is 2mm at the front of the arms and 0.7mm at the back,
1.5 deg of camber.

Started on yellow springs all round and yellow roll bars, then went up to blue spring on the back and yellow on the front, then went to blue springs all round and no roll bars and thats how it was when it went dark! Very average although i did feel it felt better with no roll bars.

Rick
Old 04-04-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Have you tried the setup with other tires? Tamiya type A isn`t really the hot ticket for a fast setup.
Old 04-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Holmenkollen
Have you tried the setup with other tires? Tamiya type A isn`t really the hot ticket for a fast setup.
They have to be when the only tyres you can run in the eurocup are type A's, B's and B2's. Rick
Old 04-04-2004, 07:08 AM

They have to be when the only tyres you can run in the eurocup are type A's, B's and B2's. Rick
Try less droop in front than rear by at least 2mm for on throtle steering gain.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ran mine for the first time last night... worked very well. straight outta the box setup, on a surface called "skid-not" kinda like painted asphalt. ran the fastest lap in stock motor! unfortunately, next month we have an Invitational, with some big guys coming in... Chris Tosolini, Barry B. Ralph Burch, etc... and the rules have disallowed oneways for this event. gotta get to working on a diff....
Old 04-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rick , Setup does not sound bad. You don't have your droop setting, as others have suggested if you are running 3mm or more try reducing the front droop. If you are running 1-2mm now then try taking out the 2mm spacer under the rear hub link. Also try adding a red bar only on the rear.

You might also try adding a touch of anti-squat (.7mm)it is double edged though as it will loosen the car a touch off power.

Martin commented also trying the 8d caster block from the 04 it will also help slow the car response and straightline stability.

Not sure of the grip level on the surface if it is pretty good you might also try the 2 hole piston the 3 hole with no bars lets weight move quite a bit on the car, it could be making the car bite the surface just too much. I was messing with my car yesterday at home going back and forth between the 2-3 hole pistons and there is quite a bit of difference in dampening and pack.

Try some of these and let us know what helps.
Also what insert on the A's?

Tamiyadriver look back a bit on the diff Martin has built it and it works well HPI pro2 outdrives.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Dan thanks.

I was running 7.5mm of total droop all round with a 5.5mm ride height. Going to try running my cars rollcenters at the same height as they used to be on my evo 3 as thats still great outside and use that as the base setup to try again.

The A's had the tamiya black (hard) inserts in all round. Rick
Old 04-04-2004, 01:35 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by V12
Iīm just leaving for the Masters again. I will look for the chassis but I didnīt saw it yesterday. Maybe he showed it for pictures but I didnīt saw him using it.
Update. Again no one used the special chassis today. I forgot asking about the chassis but at least everybody did run the stock chassis.
Some drivers did use the rear aluminium uprights but Iīm not shure if this really makes a difference as all of the 415 cars looked very good at the track.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

i seen my first 415 today... oooooo weeeeeeeee it was sweet. so silent and so beautiful.

i still beat it with my evo3

but it did seem to hold better through the corners, im struggling on outdoor setups at the moment, seem to be running too soft. bu thats another story

ssweeeeettt car i like it

Tarnj

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.