R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #15991
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
Thanks,Mario
Not sure if you spotted my reply above... but MRE comes with B/A for the front, and XB/D for the rear... You'll need an extra D block, and a D-Bridge block, and thats it for the IIC setup (D/D-bridge front, B/D rear)

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #15992
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default boredom at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Not sure if you spotted my reply above... but MRE comes with B/A for the front, and XB/D for the rear... You'll need an extra D block, and a D-Bridge block, and thats it for the IIC setup (D/D-bridge front, B/D rear)

HiH
Ed
I did.I was trying to quote you and quoted myself. That's what the Thanks was for. This sitting around on standby at work drives me nuts.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #15993
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 110
Default TRF 415 MSX MRE Internal Drive Ratio

Hi,

Can any else confirm the internal drive ratio of the MRE??

I have been beleiving iit was 2.187.

Where did the 2.25 come from?


Thanks

C.
CRiXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #15994
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRiXman
Hi,

Can any else confirm the internal drive ratio of the MRE??

I have been beleiving iit was 2.187.

Where did the 2.25 come from?


Thanks

C.
Diameter of the new pulley is equal to diameter of the 36T white pulley. 36/16=2.25
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #15995
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1
I did.I was trying to quote you and quoted myself. That's what the Thanks was for. This sitting around on standby at work drives me nuts.
No problem

Carl has it correct for the internal ratio. Despite the new pulleys only having 18t, it is really 36, given every other one has been removed. On the old pulleys it was 35t. The centre pulley is still the same size.

35/16 = 2.1875
36/16 = 2.25

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #15996
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Diameter of the new pulley is equal to diameter of the 36T white pulley. 36/16=2.25
OK i c.. Thanks for the clarification...

The MSX has 35T/16T= 2.1875

The MRE has 36T/16T=2.25

However the MRE pulleys have twice as less teeth (18T)... this is for less friction I beleive?

Thanks again..

C.
CRiXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #15997
AWK
Tech Fanatic
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 983
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Would it be possible, or worth it to swap out the pulleys on the MSX for the ones on the MRE? Would it even be possible?
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #15998
Tech Elite
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Can you use the 415MSX conversion kit on the original 415? Also do you have to use the reversible suspension or can you use the standard suspension?

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:01 PM   #15999
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

This is what it says on their website:

*Compatible Chassis: TRF415MS, (also TRF415 equipped with reversible suspension

I have a conversion kit for sale if you're interested
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:27 PM   #16000
Tech Elite
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

You have PM. Interested in the conversion kit.

Thanks,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #16001
Tech Apprentice
 
phantom-racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: socal
Posts: 86
Default

Hey Guys, I have been racing nitro cars for a while and just getting back into racing electrics. it has been a while and lost in touch with electric world.
I decided to get a tamiya after all the research but can decide between MSX or MRE, I will be racing on asphalt, which should I go with?
also any suggestion on what kind of battery is best to race stock or 19t? I see the batteries are up to 4200 now and most are IB, the last time I run electric we where using GP 3300. and in regards to motor do I want to go with brushed or brushless now? I have not been to any tracks yet so I dont know if now you can mixed them up or most run separate class.
I will be hitting the LHS this weekend and your input is appriciated
phantom-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #16002
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 517
Default

Thanks!
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:27 PM   #16003
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom-racing
Hey Guys, I have been racing nitro cars for a while and just getting back into racing electrics. it has been a while and lost in touch with electric world.
I decided to get a tamiya after all the research but can decide between MSX or MRE, I will be racing on asphalt, which should I go with?
also any suggestion on what kind of battery is best to race stock or 19t? I see the batteries are up to 4200 now and most are IB, the last time I run electric we where using GP 3300. and in regards to motor do I want to go with brushed or brushless now? I have not been to any tracks yet so I dont know if now you can mixed them up or most run separate class.
I will be hitting the LHS this weekend and your input is appriciated

The MRE would be one up on the MSX. The MRE has very stock setting.

You wouldn't go wrong on the IB 4200 World Champ Edition.Very high wotage and very low IRs, by the way if you're looking at Li-POs,you can put that thought aside 1st as the MRE can't fit the LI-PO cells, unless you want to spent more on a new right side bulkhead to fit stick packs.

If you want to run 27 turn or 19 turn, then stick to the brush ESCs although brushless ESCs can take brushed motor but they are 'BIG'. But brushless seems to be the way of the future though...

Hope these helps.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #16004
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Finland
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing
Would it be possible, or worth it to swap out the pulleys on the MSX for the ones on the MRE? Would it even be possible?
I have MRE pulleys on my MSX, don't know if it is worth it, but it can be done. I like the fact that they wrap the belt more and I like the white look.
Finnitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #16005
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

If you want to save money, the MSX is an excellent car, and performance wise their is not much difference. You can also get a stick pack conversion kit for the MSX, that will allow you to fit a lipo pack if you decide to go that route.

Bottom line - They are both excellent cars, you will not be disapponted with either one.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:29 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net