R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #15616
Tech Regular

try www.rc-champ.co.jp www.rainbowten.co.jp
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #15617
Tech Master

What's the difference between the US Spec spool and the Pro Comp. spool?
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:06 PM   #15618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser
Just double checking that you are using these on the Non-LW suspension correct?
For the LW it is 2 and 4d only. If you want 6 you have to add kick up to the front toe block.
Nah... the LW suspension. Thanks for the heads up.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #15619
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

I might've found the issue with my car not accelerating correctly.

First, I have a one way up front and a locked center pulley. Whenever I full throttle then apply full brakes, the car doesn't spin out. From my understanding, with a one way, at least it should spin out or loose traction a little, but mine just acts like it has a diff. up front. It stops, then makes this weird decelerating noise.

If anyone can diagnose the exact problem that'd be great.
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #15620
Tech Master

Is your one way backwards?

Your diff may be binding, or something, check if the whole front end is free. Also maybe the entire car. Maybe set the belt tension tighter, to make sure it doesn't slip.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:35 AM   #15621
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMOisCOOL

First, I have a one way up front and a locked center pulley. Whenever I full throttle then apply full brakes, the car doesn't spin out. From my understanding, with a one way, at least it should spin out or loose traction a little, but mine just acts like it has a diff. up front. It stops, then makes this weird decelerating noise.

could be that your one way is busted. The wheel should turn freely when making them turn forward, and be locked in the other. If you can turn the wheels whilst trying to turn them backwards and holding the spur (and the front belt doesn't move) then your one way is slipping and it's probably busted.

However you could also have a hubs bearings issue, that would make the one way feel like it's not free, and the noise aswell, same with the bearings that hold the one way in the hubs. As a matter of fact, check all your bearings.

To know if you've put the one way the wrong way around just check that the heads of the screws holding the two pieces of the one way together are facing the battery side of the car.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:42 AM   #15622
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

Put a spool up front or a front diff. If the same thing happens it might be your drivetrain bearings. Take the belts off the front and rear then Spin the axles, You would Know if something is wrong with your oneway just by spinning the wheel or hold the car up turn it on and throttle it up, let go and see if the wheels spins. Depending on your ESC make sure your drag brake is off as well as on you radio!
m3ndo5a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #15623
Tech Regular

Quote:

Definatly fitted backwarda I 've done it twice well enough to know that it dosen't work very well as an 2 wheeler
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #15624
Tech Apprentice

question will the TOA5 blue belt fit the msx.
al jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:44 PM   #15625
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Ball Connector Nut for Steering Rack

Questions for those who have already built their MRE. I'm currently taking my time to build mine & noticed 02 extra ball connectors (BB9 - short version OP#53869). I assembled the steering rack w/ the ball connectors BC2 (standard version OP#53640) for the steering linkages. Can I use the short versions or is that used for something else? Also do I really have to shave the inner parts of the steering arms as instructed (Part #13) in order not to hit the belt?

Thanks in advance for the help?
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #15626
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Questions for those who have already built their MRE. I'm currently taking my time to build mine & noticed 02 extra ball connectors (BB9 - short version OP#53869). I assembled the steering rack w/ the ball connectors BC2 (standard version OP#53640) for the steering linkages. Can I use the short versions or is that used for something else? Also do I really have to shave the inner parts of the steering arms as instructed (Part #13) in order not to hit the belt?

Thanks in advance for the help?
I just brought some extra of the short ball nuts, and have used them througout the car (steering links, rear hubs, etc). I'm not too sure how many you get in the kit, but theres no reason you can't use them... just remember that to get the same position you need to add an extra mm under each link, if you replace them over the std ball nuts.

Some people haven't shaved the steering arms, personally I have as I didn't want to take that chance. In all honesty, it really doesn't show when on the car.

HiH
Ed
Old 09-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #15627
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al jones
question will the TOA5 blue belt fit the msx.
No, it's too short for the front, too long for the rear.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #15628
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
I just brought some extra of the short ball nuts, and have used them througout the car (steering links, rear hubs, etc). I'm not too sure how many you get in the kit, but theres no reason you can't use them... just remember that to get the same position you need to add an extra mm under each link, if you replace them over the std ball nuts.

Some people haven't shaved the steering arms, personally I have as I didn't want to take that chance. In all honesty, it really doesn't show when on the car.

HiH
Ed
Thanks for the quick response Ed. I might try it (BB9 - short) on the steering linkages instead of using the instructed ball connectors (BC2 - standard). My guess is, it would change the angle of the linkages when viewed from the top while still using the same spacer as instructed in part #13 in the manual.
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires

Last edited by JRRobiso; 09-10-2006 at 08:48 PM.
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:05 AM   #15629
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Thanks for the quick response Ed. I might try it (BB9 - short) on the steering linkages instead of using the instructed ball connectors (BC2 - standard). My guess is, it would change the angle of the linkages when viewed from the top while still using the same spacer as instructed in part #13 in the manual.
exactly, and since it has already a lot of ackermann you might not want to do this
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #15630
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

For those who uses one ways...I heard from someone that the one way units are coming...Don't know when...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote