R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #15496
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

It's allot of new things on the new car, trust me!!
I am almost done with my MRE and hopefully I will get to test it next week....
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #15497
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
It's allot of new things on the new car, trust me!!
I am almost done with my MRE and hopefully I will get to test it next week....
Oh I havent read the page yet...I will and yeah I trust you
Hopefully its still on stock here in my LHS and can get one.
Goodluck on your MRE and hope it really turns out great!

I'm still thinking what to get though...MRE (If available) or Yokomo BD Masami
Both cars have almost equal support here and got parts/hop-up in our LHS but friend says yokomo other says tamiya I'm
I know this is not the right thread and might get bias answers/suggestions but any suggestions you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:29 AM   #15498
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

Well, my MSX has been really great this year, very forgiving to drive and extremely easy to set up!! That is one of the strongest advantages of the Tamiya 415 cars!! They always seem to work good on all tracks with the same setup and the balance seems to stay the same in both high and low traction!

For me the choice is easy and IMO the MRE is the better kit
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #15499
Tech Elite
 
HotrodHopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Asphalt Unlimited Customs, Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,144
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HotrodHopkins
Default

if ur hs can get one try ebay, i've seen tons of them latley on there.

I wish i could afford a MRE
__________________
SHAUN HOPKINS a.k.a NoRod Hopkins

-1990 Chevrolet K1500 Silverado TBI350 "Heavy Half". 1971 Chevrolet Nova

-My lug nuts require more Torque than your Honda makes.
HotrodHopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #15500
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirik
Well, my MSX has been really great this year, very forgiving to drive and extremely easy to set up!! That is one of the strongest advantages of the Tamiya 415 cars!! They always seem to work good on all tracks with the same setup and the balance seems to stay the same in both high and low traction!

For me the choice is easy and IMO the MRE is the better kit
I respect your suggestions and inputs, but I guess I still need more research to do before I get one.

Either way, it all depends on the LHS who would support more for the kit.

Thanks man!!
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #15501
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
if ur hs can get one try ebay, i've seen tons of them latley on there.

I wish i could afford a MRE
Guess so but it would kill me on shipping cost.
USA to Philippines would be high on shipping unless I can get one of those hidden auctions
Thanks for the help man!
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #15502
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 297
Default

I have just bought an MSX, do the TA05 diff pulley and one way pulley fit the MSX without modification ? i know some of you guy's use them so forgive me. i couldn't be bothered searching the thread.....CHEERS GUYS
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #15503
Tech Adept
 
Sean T Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Default

Yes the TA05 pulleys do fit to give the ratio of 2.25.
If any body is wondering which is better "MSX or MRE" IMHO after running the MSX for 6 months and finding it flawless I bought the MRE and passed my MSX to my son. I havent caught him yet mainly due to the MSX being awesome. After a couple of runs with the MRE I found that you have to reduce steering (loads) to get it right.
Both kits are top quality but if you can pick up a cheap MSX then thats what I would do.
__________________
Schumacher Racing UK
Team Scream UK
eXpress Motorsports UK
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #15504
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger
I have just bought an MSX, do the TA05 diff pulley and one way pulley fit the MSX without modification ? i know some of you guy's use them so forgive me. i couldn't be bothered searching the thread.....CHEERS GUYS
The T0A5 one way pulley is wider and the hole pattern is slightly different all that needs to be done is thin up the web of the TA05 pulley, and ream the mounting holes.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #15505
Tech Adept
 
Sean T Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 172
Default

All I did with my pulley was to put the 3 screws in gently and then tighten them the same amount each in turn. No probs at all and runs perfectly.
__________________
Schumacher Racing UK
Team Scream UK
eXpress Motorsports UK
FTQ Models
Sean T Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #15506
Tech Regular
 
drew85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried to put a ta05 oneway on the new pullys? or fit a msx one in?
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:18 PM   #15507
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default Front Oneway

I just fitted on the msx oneway onto my mre last night. Its a little tight when I slot the oneway into the bulkheads but it fits in nicely. I didn't remove any material off the pulley as what some guys here mentioned before though. The holes on the pulley are not directly aligned with those holes on the oneway holders...all you need to do is to get one hole aligned, screw on one of the screws then shift the holders to roughly get the other 2 holes aligned and put the screws through.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #15508
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean T Guy
Yes the TA05 pulleys do fit to give the ratio of 2.25.
If any body is wondering which is better "MSX or MRE" IMHO after running the MSX for 6 months and finding it flawless I bought the MRE and passed my MSX to my son. I havent caught him yet mainly due to the MSX being awesome. After a couple of runs with the MRE I found that you have to reduce steering (loads) to get it right.
Both kits are top quality but if you can pick up a cheap MSX then thats what I would do.
Then this would make me think of 3 cars...which to get? MSX? MSX-MRE? Masami?

Anyways thanks!!
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #15509
Tech Master
 
pinggoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WBP Florida
Posts: 1,263
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinggoy
Default

Quote:
USA to Philippines would be high on shipping unless I can get one of those hidden auctions
filipino'sare always looking for those hidden auction stuff. if there is a pirated rc cars we. we might be sponsored by mindanao! muslim racing concepts ...
__________________
TAMIYA TRF415 MRE l NOSRAM SPX l BALLISTIC 17.5
TAMIYA TRF416X
www.noicewatches.bigcartel.com
pinggoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #15510
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinggoy
filipino'sare always looking for those hidden auction stuff. if there is a pirated rc cars we. we might be sponsored by mindanao! muslim racing concepts ...
Looking for an hidden auction is not looking for a pirated stuffs.
I'm sure you also look for those, those who are old ebayers always and will always look for stuffs like that.
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:09 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net