R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-30-2006, 07:47 AM   #15391
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'll ask again...anyone try the TA-04 diff pulley on their 415...I figure the 32t pulley would be great for stock racing. Brings the drive ratio to 2.00...starting to build a set of front and rears 32t pulleys. Just wanted to check first if anyone has tried it?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 AM   #15392
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just broke my front belt on the MRE after about 20 packs of batteries. The problem is nobody seems to have them in stock yet. Is the original MSX belt compatible because the part number is different. Does anyone know where I can get the MRE belts online?
Much Much More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:55 AM   #15393
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Much Much More
I just broke my front belt on the MRE after about 20 packs of batteries. The problem is nobody seems to have them in stock yet. Is the original MSX belt compatible because the part number is different. Does anyone know where I can get the MRE belts online?
Since I do not have an MRE yet...why would the white belts not work? Is the pitch different?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #15394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to axle182

I think i read somewhere that the shape of the teeth is different??? otherwise im hoping that the msx belts will fit fine on the mre, as i have a stack of msx spares, and i dont feel like doubling up on spares. Might convert my mre back to ta05 pulleys if thats the case. Also thanks rick, wont bother looking into the 4mm chassis for the mre, might have to use the msx in modified and the MRE in 19t! doh.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #15395
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JAY_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
I'll ask again...anyone try the TA-04 diff pulley on their 415...I figure the 32t pulley would be great for stock racing. Brings the drive ratio to 2.00...starting to build a set of front and rears 32t pulleys. Just wanted to check first if anyone has tried it?

Thanks
I to am like you fella where if i post a question i hate it if no one has the decency to reply even if they just say they dont know and your question gets forgotten, so ill do the decent thing and say i personally have not tried it but if i do then i will let you know how i get on.
JAY_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #15396
Tech Adept

Quote:
There seems to be an alarm bell ringing in my head saying that the MRE pullys are bigger so the standard white or black ms/msx belts may be too tight, dont quote me on that!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #15397
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Email Champ, he can get them, I just got a parts shipment from him and got some of the belts, no header card just in a plastice bag ...email him the part numbers from the MRE insert manual.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:06 AM   #15398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
I to am like you fella where if i post a question i hate it if no one has the decency to reply even if they just say they dont know and your question gets forgotten, so ill do the decent thing and say i personally have not tried it but if i do then i will let you know how i get on.
Thanks Mate...its no big deal, the thread move to a 4mm discussion which was helpful...sometimes a questions gets lost. I installed the front diff with the 32t gear and the belts felt loose but should be ok for stock, maybe ok with 19T...just need to work on the rear. Concern is the belt tension...I figure if it works it will allow me to run a smaller pinion and have the same roll-out...which in theory is best for small twisty tracks in stock racing....
Old 08-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #15399
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Email Champ, he can get them, I just got a parts shipment from him and got some of the belts, no header card just in a plastice bag ...email him the part numbers from the MRE insert manual.
Oh no, please tell me hes not splitting complete kits for parts - were struggling to get any more kits over here as hobby co has sold out of their allocation and cant get us any more!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:40 AM   #15400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_UK
Oh no, please tell me hes not splitting complete kits for parts - were struggling to get any more kits over here as hobby co has sold out of their allocation and cant get us any more!
I don't think he is, they were inside "sealed" plastic bags, the big one in one bag, the little one i another ...as in he got them from the factory before they had a chance to print up the header cards I think??
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #15401
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
I don't think he is, they were inside "sealed" plastic bags, the big one in one bag, the little one i another ...as in he got them from the factory before they had a chance to print up the header cards I think??
Phew! Panic over! Normal play can resume now boys.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:25 AM   #15402
Tech Adept

The MRE belts are aftermarket part numbers (7 digit) so they dont come with header cards in the majority of cases. Normally only 5 digit (50xxx, 51xxx, 53xxx and 49xxx) come with header cards.
forum fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #15403
Tech Adept

Hey. Have anyone use ceramic bearings in TRF415? I just think is it worth to get them when racing 17t class.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #15404
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by axle182
I think i read somewhere that the shape of the teeth is different??? otherwise im hoping that the msx belts will fit fine on the mre, as i have a stack of msx spares, and i dont feel like doubling up on spares. Might convert my mre back to ta05 pulleys if thats the case. Also thanks rick, wont bother looking into the 4mm chassis for the mre, might have to use the msx in modified and the MRE in 19t! doh.
well, the MRE has TA05 pulleys on it already. you could convert back to the black 415 pulleys, tho... the Alternated pulleys on the car are listed as a hopup for the TA-05 in the manual.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...ion=&offset=61

the belts are different pitch, overall length is right at the same, but the tooth count is different, due to the pitch change.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #15405
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbonium
well, the MRE has TA05 pulleys on it already. you could convert back to the black 415 pulleys, tho... the Alternated pulleys on the car are listed as a hopup for the TA-05 in the manual.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcp...ion=&offset=61

the belts are different pitch, overall length is right at the same, but the tooth count is different, due to the pitch change.
Just goes to show i will never be a know it all!