R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #76
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well, nothing from the law's point of view.

But, I now believe in Karma...

This summer, the individual guilty of the crime was hit by an out of control RV and put in the hospital for a while.

He said in a recent facebook entry that he still has trouble walking.

Proud member of the Scale Hobby Interest Team!

www.hobbyplexraceway.com
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #77
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

now when you go to steal it back he cant catch you!!! cease the moment!

Orion - Futaba - Savox - RCAmerica
annonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 AM   #78

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

why bother when the t3 is out now

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

because that is still alot of money to loose
cyclone x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8VTEC View Post
I sympathize with the OP and the above poster, tgardner41. My story:

I had a car stolen, it was found the next day and taken to an impound yard for a week waiting to be fingerprinted. No fingerprints found and the fee (ransom) to get my vandalized car back, $450. I told the towing company they were the real thieves. The detective found my cell phone in the car, the thieves had taken pics of themselves at a party. He asked the school liaison officer if he knew the kids. Nope. End of investigation. From my phone I had pictures of people, phone numbers, names, addresses from text messages and addresses from reverse searching phone numbers. I spent no money and a few nights in front of the computer and knew too much info for the cops not to do anything. Turns out auto theft in Los Angeles County is akin to jaywalking, they just weren't interested.

Many thoughts went through my head about what I would do to the kids if I ever saw them around. Why didn't I hear my car start up and leave? Only thing I can think of is they pushed it out of the parking garage, my car was not quiet and my bedroom window was open. In the end nothing ever came of it. I still have the cell phone in a drawer somewhere as a reminder. I do confess to driving by some of the addresses, not sure what I was hoping to find. I felt violated and angry, very angry. It was my property, how dare someone help themselves to it, if I ever get my hands on them.....

It took a while to get over it but I realized I had to let go. I was not doing myself any favors stewing over something I couldn't do anything about. Granted, with all the info I had I could've gone all Punisher on the kids, I had thoughts of burning down houses on more than a few sleepless nights. No good would've come from that, I had no way to know if they made a call from their grandmas house and I wasn't about to involve an innocent old lady in my quest for retribution. I will admit to carrying the phone around for a little while in case I had to make a quick ID in the grocery store of one of the perps, but again, not sure I would've done anything. The last thing I needed was to get arrested. In the end I have decided to leave it up to karma to take care of it for me. That allows me to get on with life and not hold a bunch of hate in my heart. Not that I want to admit it but I learned a valuable lesson from the theft. I'm not saying everyone needs to be a pacifist but some things are just not worth ruining your life over. Cars will come and go.

The whole situation sucks, I wish a favorable outcome for you. I would post the info on the thief if you cannot get in trouble for it. Here and at the hobby shop or local track. A little shame might be necessary, you will probably feel better.
I feel you guys on these storys. My buddys brand new '09 Kenworth Deisel truck was stolen down in Fontana, CA as he was sleeping in a hotel. He called police and they sent out a squad car. Well, these new trucks have satalite tracking so he thought the cops would be all over that. Nope. They didnt care. They said they hadnt the time to track it. So he called his dispatch in the morning and they tracked it themselves. lol. Now I bet if you had traffic tickets to pay they would be interested.

I had my GTI door busted up and they took my gps in my car one night. Called cops and the asked me, "Um well, do you want to file a report?" lol. I said, "sure." Cop came out after awhile and didnt even care about it. Just wrote up the paperwork and said, "toottles." I told her I could see fingerprints and such. She didnt care.
vr6cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
I had my GTI door busted up and they took my gps in my car one night. Called cops and the asked me, "Um well, do you want to file a report?" lol. I said, "sure." Cop came out after awhile and didnt even care about it. Just wrote up the paperwork and said, "toottles." I told her I could see fingerprints and such. She didnt care.
You had cops come out TO YOU to report a stolen GPS ??? Where I come from cops MIGHT come quickly for murder....everything else you need to get your self to their station if you want to do any reporting....and thats only if you want a case number for insurance purposes , otherwise nobody bothers
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote