R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-28-2003, 08:18 AM   #1
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Certain Ebay Seller that I Believe his Numbers are Bogus ???

Just wonder what others think, looking at pic with numbers on cell was thinking it rare numbers all exactlly the same. Also believe by the color of the GP cells numbers where never that good on this release of GP cells.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3151830631
corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:26 AM   #2

The picture is probably just for reference, not of the actual item. It is rare to have batteries with all the exact same numbers, but I think the battery in the picture is just an example, not what you would get if you won the bidding.
2Tenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:31 AM   #3
Tech Regular

If this guys a matcher,he probably has cases of cell to chose from. So in his ad he may have gone thru all of them to pick six that match. The numbers themselves don`t seem outragous compared to others out there. I didn`t go too far into it but what are his matching procedures compared to others matchers out there.
Here`s the real point thou. IF YOU DON`T FEEL COMFORTABLE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT---DON`T BUY IT!!!! He may have a fine product,he may not. It`s the risk you take buying from E-Bay. There are many fine established matchers out there with comparable prices.
saints1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 10:08 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Just to add a fellow racer got some of his cells two packs of 6 so 12 in total and they had the exact same numbers as ones in picture. Every cell had 1.17 Volts with 419 seconds.

Now is that not a little to rare or what, what we should do is run them through a matcher just to see what they do come up with.

Finding that the seller does not leave feedback to buyers, as he knows if they leave bad feedback on him the chance is he could do the same in return.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:15 AM   #5
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have packs from other matchers where all the cells have the exact same numbers.

Fukuyama racing has packs with those numbers for the same price. A lot of people on the forum have bought from them, you might feel more confident buying from them instead.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

A fellow racer I know also bought some cells from this guy and all the cells had those same numbers. After he received them, he checked and the numbers were not close to what was on the label. Now I am not able to say that they are not correct as the seller says but what are the odds. It appears that the seller has just printed off labels and hasn't actually matched the cells.

Now my buddy did run the packs at a race last weekend and I didn't see them performing any better than a set of 3000's that I was using that I had charged off his same charger. Not bashing the seller here but mayber the buyers might want to be aware of the situation and watch out. Just my .02
95newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #7
Tech Addict

Was thinking the same thing just printed off labels with what ever numbers he wanted, I also thought the newer cells green and gold only had numbers that where as good as this.

95newb,

Any chance the numbers where exactly what was in the picture also on his auctions?
Old 10-28-2003, 05:03 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by corwin
Was thinking the same thing just printed off labels with what ever numbers he wanted, I also thought the newer cells green and gold only had numbers that where as good as this.

95newb,

Any chance the numbers where exactly what was in the picture also on his auctions?
Yep, exactly the same as the pictures... I think the cells may be a good quality but not near the numbers being printed.
95newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 06:56 PM   #9
Tech Addict

Don't be a fool.. go to http://www.fukuyamaracing.com
holycow is offline   Reply With Quote