R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #1426
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Great Time

Thank you to all that made this event happen. As My second on road race ever I went into it with expectations of having a fun time and being in the last mains of both 13.5 and RCGT. Well when I saw I wasn't in the I main in 13.5 I already felt like I had a win under my belt. Being in the D main in RCGT was a blast, and considering the top notch RCGT drivers there, and my old school TC3 I was happy to be able to lead wire to wire and get a win, no matter what the main letter was, it's a win. I was so nervous that my car was literally twitching down the back stretch because my hands were shaking. I'd also like to say sorry to the other guys in that race for shaking the driver stand and also thanks to Brian J. for keeping me clam during that race, sorry about the break man. Also thanks to Lex Tyler and Jason Moberly for the car help though out the 4 days, I hope I wasn't too much of a pest. Randy Pike, thank you for the software and gearing help with the Tekin. After the change I had to learn to drive the car again because it was so much faster. Big thanks to Billy and crew for a great place to race, can't wait to get out there for some club races now. And to Scotty E. great job the program went very smooth, great job on the mic, and thanks for making me even more nervous talking about my "lucky green Radio". Until next time guys, keep the rubber side down.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #1427
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

LOL oh ok. Thanks Bill! It was good to see you at the race. We'll have to talk more next time.

-Korey
Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #1428
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hello everyone,

Well we made it home after a long day of travel and I wanted to thank everyone who attended the RROC. It was another memorable event where we were reunited with old friends and made many new ones. The racing was spectacular and the good times were plentiful.

I could not go any further without thanking all our sponsors who in this difficult time still found the resources to step up and sponsor this event for without them, it would not happen and I thank them all very much,
Reedy, Team Associated, HPI Racing, Jaco, TOP Racing, Tamiya, Novak,Thunder Power, Tekin, P1 Brand.com, West Coast RC and Hobby Garage, LiveRC.com and RC Scoring Pro.

I want to thank Billy,Tracy and all the staff at Speedworld for being great hosts and providing a top notch facility for the event. Thank you very much.

To Charlie, Josh for doing a fantastic job all week making things run smooth.

To Brandon at www.liverc.com Who did a masterful job with the broadcast and again showed that liverc.com is the best. I hope everyone who watched enjoyed our broadcast.

To Doug, Thanks for all your help behind the scenes.

To Kenny and Buck and the guys at Trackside, thanks for holding down the fort! Another great job.

To Boomer, Well you just are the best!

Thanks to Sean at AE, He decided not to race this year so he would be available to help out with the new format we were running and he was a tremendous help with everything. Great Job Sean!

To our overseas racers, thank you for the long travel to join us and I hope you all had as much fun as we did. Ronald,Hupo,Juho,Steven,Reto,Simon.

And lastly to all the racers who joined us and had fun. I hope everyone who attended walked away feeling that this is how an event should be run, fun attmosphere, good announcing, wonderful awards and an event that used a time table so you knew exactly what time your race was up and it was right on time and whether you won or lost, you had a fun time.

I have had the pleasure and honor of organizing hundreds of races in my career , and I must say this was the most trying of them all. The internet gives people a opportunity to voice their opinion to the masses and weather their opinion is right or wrong it is out there. This event was no different. I as an organizer have many things to consider, calculate, forecast and risk to put on these event. This is something I accept in my job and do not complain about, but it is disappointing when the keyboard kings do all they can to try and tarnish an event or say things that might change a viewers opinion who maybe was considering attending the event and then get discouraged by all the negative things they read. So thanks to all of you who trusted my team in our decisions for this event. The Tires worked out great! The race had more attendees than last year! and the event that was started many years ago by a great man Mike Reedy, continued on and left lasting memories for all of us to cherish.

On behalf of all my team. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Scotty
Scotty Ernst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #1429
Tech Master

Hey Billy, Did you find an extra RCGT B Main Trophy??

I could have sworn I walked it out to my car, but I haven't found it yet.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #1430
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Looks like Ritchie got home safe.

See ya at the IIC kiddo!

Bill
safe and sound, glass of wine and hot tubbing by midnight,

thanks again for the ride.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #1431
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
drinks are on me at the IIC, either that or you can come up for our summer sizzler in August. youtube has a few videos from this year if you wanna check out the track and Bus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slTbbfjle78 thats 17.5 on the track and I was trying to figure out the little ballon things. search other videos by DriverIII to see more.

Barry Baker has come in the past, and last year and hopefully again this year Kevin H from AE will be there. Outdoor track for Kody and Korey (2nd and 3rd in 13.5). Actually any factory guys or just regulars are all welcome to come, PM me if you have questions.

thanks again.
Ritchie, if there is a budget for it, i will take you on your offer. Nothing is impossible, but i will definitely let you know if i'll be coming. Great run and it was a pleasure meeting you.

Charlie B
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #1432
Tech Adept

All of us at Thunder Power would like to thank Scotty, Sean, Billy and the rest of the Reedy crew for a great weekend and hospitality. It was a great weekend for Thunder Power and the driver that used our products. Congratulations to all. We are looking forward in being part of many more events in the future.

Jim Skinner

Charle b, Nick thanks you for all your help. Hope to race with you guys again soon.
ThunderPowerRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #1433
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC View Post
All of us at Thunder Power would like to thank Scotty, Sean, Billy and the rest of the Reedy crew for a great weekend and hospitality. It was a great weekend for Thunder Power and the driver that used our products. Congratulations to all. We are looking forward in being part of many more events in the future.

Jim Skinner

Charle b, Nick thanks you for all your help. Hope to race with you guys again soon.
Anytime Jim. Nick is a great guy and would love for you guys to come play in Socal sometime. Just hit me up for what ever ya need...i'd be glad to help him out again. It was my first time using Thunderpower 5000 40c batteries and they worked awesome! Now to find a balance plug for my charger.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #1434
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER

Hey Billy check your pm's
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #1435
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Betcha he is way younger than me...Nice racin' Kid...
Isn't everybody way younger than you?

Daddy-o
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 PM   #1436
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Botch

Got a bunch of my pics uploaded.

Reedy Race 2009
Botch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 AM   #1437
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never knew Billy could do the "Moon Walk"
Attached Thumbnails
"REEDY RACE 2009"-jarrods-pics-339.jpg  
KDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #1438
Tech Elite

Nice photos guys.....
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #1439
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

^

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #1440
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I'd also like to thank Speedworld and crew, Scotty Ernst Productions, Sean Cochran and Team Associated, all racers, and all sponsors for this event.

This was a great show. I had agreat time at Speedworld. This event was fun as always. Racing was exciting. Seeing old friends as well as making new ones was great too.

Evenings at the campground were spectacular. All the fun shared watching Jarrod K's Jumbotron (Imax when the wind was blowing) television and surround sound sound made for a awesome time in the evenings. Steve, Charlie, and Mickey, you guys were OK.... J/K, I thought the trip would be fun but you guys also made this trip better than I thought it would be. Glad we all camped out in the same area.

Seems I may need a new radio as I had plenty of problem with my spektrum system. I would lose my car for 2-4 seconds at any given time. Not a good feeling. Some were saying that Futaba's new radio was the culprit, unknown if that is the case. Thermal shutdowns didn't help much either. I was able to start making my run during ther 3rd and 4th Q'ers though. I did move up a letter in the Mains but hope to do better in the future.

Looking forward to next year's event.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote