R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #1306
KMW
Tech Regular
 
KMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Nothing about a Wednesday registration on their website...

http://www.reedyrace.com
He might be referring to this post:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post5791324

Any more details about what's happening on Wednesday and Thursday? What time will the gates open on those days?
KMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:40 AM   #1307
Tech Master
 
YLLIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,709
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hello everyone, Jus t getting home from working on the track for 7 days straight and I am sorry for not answering the phone but I had no time and if you left a message with my wife then I will call you back if I have your number tomorrow. All I can say is if you’re coming to the race you will have a blast and if you’re not, you will wish you did, the racing will be great and the facility is extremely off the hook. SpeedWorld facility looks better than it ever has and I mean it is awesome and I am proud of it. I thought last year was off the hook, I guarantee it, this tops last years SpeedWorld REEDY race by far in appearance.
The layout will be finished tomorrow and is going to be fast and smooth with some great passing points just like last year.

The real reason that I am hyped about the facility is because Scotty Barnes and I have done pretty much all the work prepping for the big races over the last 10 years, but we have grown since last year when we remodeled and all I can say is maybe this will be the last time I ever will paint again, LOL. But all that a side is that I would like to give a SPECIAL thanks to my friends that had taken 3 to 4 days straight out of their personal life’s to get this place ready for the REEDY race. I did not realize how much we have grown over the last 2 years remodeling nor did I realize how much wood there is that had take to build SpeedWorld facility. There is NO way I would have ever finished this project by myself, period. I totally step over the boundaries of my ability to do all this work alone any longer. I can tell you that everybody put in at least 35 up to or over 100 hours in the 7 days and that is between 5 people only. We put in over 325 hours in a week, 38 gals of paint by hand NO spray gun once and did more building projects. I would like to give a SPECIAL thanks to Scotty Barnes, Forrest Richards, Mike Hall, Todd Pearson, Mark Richards that build all the new building projects over the last year and my awesome wife Tracy. You guys are the best and should be proud because the place looks unbelievably awesome and better than it ever has in the 10 years because of you dedication and hard work. Thank you all and see you at the REEDY.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #1308
KDR
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Billy,

Thanks for much for all your efforts and your teams efforts to make this race an awesome event. I am sure all who attends will appreciate everything you guys have accomplished. I am looking forward to seeing and using your first class facility.

Get some rest before this weekend.

Now lets get racing already, see you on Wednesday buddy!!!!
-Steve
__________________
Steve B.
HB Team Driver*Sweep Racing Tires*Speed Passion Team Driver
hotbodiesonline.com
KDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #1309
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,524
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdog View Post
Hey I dont know if its been posted or not but is there a schedule posted somewhere as far as check in times and when the gated open and all that good stuff. I heard there was a check in time on wed but I cant find it posted anywhere. Thanks guys.

Hey randy, as far as i can tell, gates open at 7am on thursday and practice starts at 9am
__________________
semi retired..
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #1310
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Billy ..... from myself and the Ripon gang, thanks to you and the SWR crew, Scotty B, Marc, and anyone else that contributes their time at SWR to make it the World Class facility that it is. Can't wait to see the place, see you guys friday morning.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #1311
Tech Champion
 
F. Mendoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,233
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Billy, I for one thought Speedworld was the cleanest ovall facility I've seen. Can't imagine it getting topped, but will because of how nice it looked last year. See you on Wednesday.
__________________
RC America - Xray - Hudy - Gravity RC - KO Propo - Super Rad Graphics

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #1312
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Well its been a LOOOONNNNNGGGGG week, as Billy has mentioned. Everything is almost done just a few things left.

For those that haven't been to SWR before...

SWR's 96 pit spaces are 2' X 3' with a shelf and power. (bring a power strip) and shaded. As for the rest of the pits and power that depends on what Scotty E. is renting... (bring an ext. cord)


SWR has an onsite Snack shack with soda's, water's, chips, hotdogs, polish dogs, and Friday Sat. and Sunday they will also have CHIPOTLE Burritos..

SWR has an onsite Hobby Shop that carrys parts for most cars...

SWR will have an air comp. for cleaning your car.

Also please remember to bring closed toed shoes, a pit towel and a lipo scak if your using lipos...

This race is going to be FUN, only a few more days!!!!!
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #1313
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,832
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Billy, i have never been to your track. Now i finally get to see it. I know how much work that is put into running races , much more getting your facility tip top! You are doing great things for this hobby and know it will be an awesome event! Thankyou for all the work you and your crew has put in. It will definitely be an awesome race weekend.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM   #1314
Tech Master
 
jtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lakewood, WA
Posts: 1,136
Default

Question for the TOP team. What body looks to be the best for the PHOTON, 13.5 and MOD? I know it must be a challenge to get the Jaco tires hooked up, but at least everybody is in the same boat. Good luck.

Signed, anxious customer waiting for my Photon delivery.
__________________
POPS
jtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #1315
Tech Master
 
YLLIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,709
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks everyone, I keep the place nice because it’s the way I live, but I built this facility for every one of you racer to enjoy. I didn’t have a permanent track when I raced 15 so years ago, so we built it the way I would have liked in a permanent track. Please do not get me wrong, I miss the parking lot racing because that is the grass roots of r/c, but when I raced on a regular basis it was only once a month do too club parking lot racing.

So all I ask is have FUN, enjoy and respect the facility that my wife Tracy and I build it for and let’s go racing.


Can’t wait to see a lot of old friends that I have not seen since last year and can’t wait to meet new friends, that’s what this hobby is about.

Thanks Billy
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM   #1316
Tech Adept
 
BCrumB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 107
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Weather should be good for the race. See you all in a couple of days

Thu
May 21

Sunny89°53°

Fri
May 22

Sunny88°53°

Sat
May 23

Sunny89°54°

Sun
May 24

Sunny90°56°
__________________
AE B5M, Orion R10 Pro, Trinity D4.
LSR Speedway, Custom Works RC, Fantom, BSR.

Last edited by BCrumB4; 05-18-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: can't spell
BCrumB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #1317
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

I sure hope that weather forecast is accurate..... That stuff right there makes me smile....

Unlike AY's text messages that make you puke a little.......
__________________
Novak Electronics Tech Support
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #1318
Tech Elite
 
JasonC's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: oceanside ca
Posts: 4,099
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I sure hope that weather forecast is accurate..... That stuff right there makes me smile....

Unlike AY's text messages that make you puke a little.......
ll... cant say you were not warned.
__________________
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #1319
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello everyone, Jus t getting home from working on the track for 7 days straight and I am sorry for not answering the phone but I had no time and if you left a message with my wife then I will call you back if I have your number tomorrow. All I can say is if you’re coming to the race you will have a blast and if you’re not, you will wish you did, the racing will be great and the facility is extremely off the hook. SpeedWorld facility looks better than it ever has and I mean it is awesome and I am proud of it. I thought last year was off the hook, I guarantee it, this tops last years SpeedWorld REEDY race by far in appearance.
The layout will be finished tomorrow and is going to be fast and smooth with some great passing points just like last year.

The real reason that I am hyped about the facility is because Scotty Barnes and I have done pretty much all the work prepping for the big races over the last 10 years, but we have grown since last year when we remodeled and all I can say is maybe this will be the last time I ever will paint again, LOL. But all that a side is that I would like to give a SPECIAL thanks to my friends that had taken 3 to 4 days straight out of their personal life’s to get this place ready for the REEDY race. I did not realize how much we have grown over the last 2 years remodeling nor did I realize how much wood there is that had take to build SpeedWorld facility. There is NO way I would have ever finished this project by myself, period. I totally step over the boundaries of my ability to do all this work alone any longer. I can tell you that everybody put in at least 35 up to or over 100 hours in the 7 days and that is between 5 people only. We put in over 325 hours in a week, 38 gals of paint by hand NO spray gun once and did more building projects. I would like to give a SPECIAL thanks to Scotty Barnes, Forrest Richards, Mike Hall, Todd Pearson, Mark Richards that build all the new building projects over the last year and my awesome wife Tracy. You guys are the best and should be proud because the place looks unbelievably awesome and better than it ever has in the 10 years because of you dedication and hard work. Thank you all and see you at the REEDY.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
Billy,

this might have been posted before... but are we allowed to ship stuff to the track? if so... will there be someone there to receive it? Thanks.

- Chris
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #1320
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,249
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
Billy,

this might have been posted before... but are we allowed to ship stuff to the track? if so... will there be someone there to receive it? Thanks.

- Chris
Yes you can ship things to SWR, just call or email Billy and let him know so he can keep an eye out for it and put your name on it care of speedworld.

SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies
90 Corp Yard Road
Roseville Ca. 95678
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net