Old 02-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #106
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

He said, signed...Nabisco.
ab1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #107
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Have you raced at Norcal? BTW,everyone who has said they wanted it at Norcal has raced at Speedworld many times over so get your facts straight.Anyways just so I dont get into the politics of this all,I just hope that this race is fun as usual and going against my better judgment about getting involved in politics,If it is a choice between Tamiya and Speedworld,I choose Speedworld.

And Joe,what the hell was up with the Thunder Valley or Alley's guys wife?That skirt is a trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
LMAO! You guys are funny because you guys don't race at Speedworld you think it needs to be at Nor-cal (YOUR track). Speedworld is the place and if not it will be in L.A. L.A. Roadrunners has better asphalt than Nor-cal! SpeedWorld is the all around top notch facility hands down. You say Nor-cal has been contacted to hold the Reedy race? You think it is a great place because K.J. won the open class? LMAO, That's the best reason I have heard.

I believe on supporting your track but get serious!

-Electric turnout has been a little low at Speedworld, but the Nitro turnout has been great!! I am pretty sure electric TC turnout is low everywhere..

-Sacramento is an International airport also.. Is is just 30 minutes away..

Just my opinion
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #108
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Dude I don't know!

Everyone has been calling me tonight about it!

Basically, Dave and this John Peters guy hate each other. At first I wasn't sure who to believe but now we've all seen this guy's real side. From what I've heard this guys has been pulling this kind of junk for a couple years now.

Anyway, back on topic!

I am hoping to attend the reedy this year, mostly for the experience as we all know I'm not going to win anything! haha
JoeNolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #109
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

If you go, I will give you a cracker....Nabisco.
ab1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Just my 2$

I have to admit that from what I've seen and heard, Speedworld is a far better race track compared to the Tamiya track especially after the repaved surface. The Tamiya track is in dyer need of repaving but Tamiya Corporate is not interested in spending money on a track that they plan on selling the land. Due to the economy they can't seen to find a buyer, even though this is prime Real Estate here in Orange County.
The locals here in Aliso Viejo are considering putting up their own money to re-slurry the asphalt, but that's another story!
There is only two issues concerning Speedworld hosting Reedy and that's the location compared to Orange County, you have to admit So. Cal has a lot more to do and see for the out of towners while there here, compared to the area around Speedworld. The other is that the boards around the track are not very forgiving compared to the burms at the Tamiya track. When you go up the burms the cars can get airborne and is quite a sight to see but the cars are still intact. Once you hit the boards they will not give and more likely to damage your car.
I'm not going to get into where the Reedy race should be, I just wanted to show some comparisons to the two tracks!
I've enjoyed going to the Reedy whether it's to watch or to race and I've done both including working tech. There's nothing like pitting and conversing next to some of the best racers in the world, I get sense of we all have something in common regardless of what part of the world we're from! This is what I enjoy most of all about the RROC!
Just my 2$
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Ive changed my vote from Tamiya track to the Roadrunner's track Freedom Park in Camarillo, Ca. Have any of you seen it? It looks great! Newly redone and the grand re-opening race was held this past weekend. Those who have raced on it have commented saying things like the tamiya track is blown away by this one and that its surface is very very similar to Speedworld's.

Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #112
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Maybe the name of this event should be changed to (The REEDY California State Championships).
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #113
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Maybe the name of this event should be changed to (The California State Championships).

I believe the main reason it stays in California is to keep the travel costs down for the teams, since there's 6-7 teams based out of California!!

The only races that move around are ROAR races!!

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

any idea when sign up/lottery for this race will open?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #115
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
I believe the main reason it stays in California is to keep the travel costs down for the teams, since there's 6-7 teams based out of California!!

The only races that move around are ROAR races!!
So the name change may indeed make sense.

Look I know there wont be a name change. Im just venting frustration.

However if ya think about it for a moment its fairly easy to imagine how a race with the weight that "The REEDY" carries could do great things for the racing scene nation wide if it were a traveling event.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Originally the Reedy Race (offroad) was held as a birthday party for Mike Reedy and since Mike lives in SoCal they were always held in places that were local to him.

I understand the frustrations that people from other regions feel because the Reedy has always been in California. But certain races get tied to certain regions for whatever reason. The Snowbirds will always be held in Florida, the Cleveland race will always be held in Cleveland, and the IIC will always be held in Vegas. How come we don't hear an uproar every time one of those races is announced that they should become "traveling" races and be moved to different regions?

All of the tracks mentioned above would be an excellent choice for the Reedy, and whatever track gets the race will do an excellent job of hosting it. When it comes down to it, the Reedy is about watching the best TC drivers in the world racing heads up for 8 rounds, and they put on an amazing show no matter what track they're on.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #117
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Well said James!!!!

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #118
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

I suppose a "Reedy Championship Series" would be in order from what some of you are suggesting, and it can be great idea but if you ask me, that would be stepping on ROAR's toes if its traveling around. HPI does a similar thing with their HPI Challenge races with good success though...i guess you can kinda look at that for what one might want for a traveling Reedy series...

but like the poster above me stated, some races will never leave the area they are essentially tied to their area where they usually held...is it so wrong for the reedy to be the same?

I just cant wait to see the flyer/announcement haha. Come onnnn freedom park/Roadrunners track. Come onnnn haha. Cant flame me for wanting
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #119
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesArluck View Post
Originally the Reedy Race (offroad) was held as a birthday party for Mike Reedy and since Mike lives in SoCal they were always held in places that were local to him.

I understand the frustrations that people from other regions feel because the Reedy has always been in California. But certain races get tied to certain regions for whatever reason. The Snowbirds will always be held in Florida, the Cleveland race will always be held in Cleveland, and the IIC will always be held in Vegas. How come we don't hear an uproar every time one of those races is announced that they should become "traveling" races and be moved to different regions?

All of the tracks mentioned above would be an excellent choice for the Reedy, and whatever track gets the race will do an excellent job of hosting it. When it comes down to it, the Reedy is about watching the best TC drivers in the world racing heads up for 8 rounds, and they put on an amazing show no matter what track they're on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Well said James!!!!

Yeah well played indeed. And I accept those points as facts I just felt like barking a bit.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I for one would just like someone to make a decision and post all the info up so the race can get the most entrants. Every day that is waited more people will plan other things on Memorial day weekend and decide to bag racing for the weekend.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote