Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Nice edit!!!
You like that!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #752
Tech Master

Maybe it's not him?

Maybe it is? Why pick on him or defend him with out knowing?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:09 PM   #753
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Maybe it's not him?

Maybe it is? Why pick on him or defend him with out knowing?
...you're the one that brought his name up I was talking about event information in general.
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #754
Tech Master

Right, and using the IIC isn't the same as saying his name?

Point taken though.... Good one I suppose.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM   #755
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
There are more then a few "drivers" out there that can wheel from "go", and lots that "need" all the time on the same layout, and with the tires working on their car. I respect both types of drivers.

I personally don't see how you can possibly cater to everyone. Real racing has fairly limited testing, and yes, the biggest teams spend their time and money finding out as much as possible before show time.

It's never been fair to compare RC car racing to Real Racing. But it will pan out the same, the guy with the most money or time wins. Bottom line. It never comes down to who's the best, it comes down to who's got the most time on their hands to prepare. Of course there are always exceptions to this, but for the most part it's totally true. I even managed to practice enough in a year before a race to win one, and well, I'm no world champ.

You want to make it fair, give everyone a tire that sucks, Then all the setup and secret tire sauce and practice won't help. Nobody would think to go practice on a suck tire a head of time..... what fun would that be.....

If it was up to the "best driver" I would never loose. EVER......

Man, I love the internet.

We already had a tire that sucked. It was called the H13
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM   #756
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Compare www.iic09.com to www.reedyrace.com One race is 37 days away and the other is in September. Which one has more available information? Which one has an extra 5 minutes in it to have said information. Why is this? I was under the impression that the Reedy Race of Champions was a prestigious race that attracted drivers from all over the world. Seems like its an afterthought right now....that makes me sad.

P.S. don't care about the tire, I want to race in a crowd! Perhaps I'm being unrealistic...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #757
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Hotel.... check
mail entry... check

All ready!!!

I honestly don't care what the spec tire is. The host track has been testing tires, and they won't give us a bad tire to work with. Everyone will have the same tire, so it won't really matter too much in my opinion. Being a good racer is all about how one adapts to the conditions. For those that can't adapt to the conditions as fast, will struggle while the people that CAN adapt to new things will succeed. It doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, it's very fair.

The reedy race has always been one to test the racers, and by not announcing the tire it's doing just that. Look at the no traction compound rule at last years invite class??? They aren't on here complaining all day about it. They just worked with what they had, and made the best of it.

-Korey
Interesting perspective Korey!

But I have to disagree a little bit....in what form of racing does that ever happen. Thats like telling the Nascar teams "guess what guys your running on Big-0-Tires today, even though its the daytona 500 lets see who has talent". I have to agree with Scott B, let the racers know thats the intent! If that is the intent then cool, some people may not like it but at a least the racer will have plenty of enough time to make a decision on whether he wants to participate in this type of race or scenario.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #758
Tech Master

LOL, the H13 year, that was the year you wore the inserts as sunblock for you ears!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #759
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm all out of "TOASTY"
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Hotel.... check
mail entry... check

All ready!!!

I honestly don't care what the spec tire is. The host track has been testing tires, and they won't give us a bad tire to work with. Everyone will have the same tire, so it won't really matter too much in my opinion. Being a good racer is all about how one adapts to the conditions. For those that can't adapt to the conditions as fast, will struggle while the people that CAN adapt to new things will succeed. It doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, it's very fair.

The reedy race has always been one to test the racers, and by not announcing the tire it's doing just that. Look at the no traction compound rule at last years invite class??? They aren't on here complaining all day about it. They just worked with what they had, and made the best of it.

-Korey
Amen!!!

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #761
Tech Apprentice

juiced!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #762
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8commando View Post
Interesting perspective Korey!

But I have to disagree a little bit....in what form of racing does that ever happen. Thats like telling the Nascar teams "guess what guys your running on Big-0-Tires today, even though its the daytona 500 lets see who has talent". I have to agree with Scott B, let the racers know thats the intent! If that is the intent then cool, some people may not like it but at a least the racer will have plenty of enough time to make a decision on whether he wants to participate in this type of race or scenario.
If you look at it that way, then yes I agree with you and Scott. I'm comming from the persepctive of, "I'm going no matter what!!!" so there are a lot of things that will find entirely insignificant while others will not and it will change their decision because of the lack of info. I think the basic information that we don't have right now (like general rules) is what we really need, and probably should have had when the entry forms came out.

Tires and handout motor announcements are delayed a lot of times because of supply/distribution problems, so I almost expect that at any big race.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to comming down. The reedy race has always been a race I've always wanted to go to. Now that I have the chance to go, I'm totally stoked haha.

-Korey
Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey, Scotty...if attendance is light this year, what are the chances of letting people run two classes or at least letting people run RCGT as a second class?
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:16 PM   #764
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I have a gut feeling (and nobody has told me this) but for anyone complaining about not having practice on the race tires, it would be a safe choice to test with the SJ'R 36's
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #765
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN View Post
Hey, Scotty...if attendance is light this year, what are the chances of letting people run two classes or at least letting people run RCGT as a second class?
doubt it, (they would not do it last year)
#60 of the Original 100
If your not part of the solution
Your part of the problem !
JasonC is offline   Reply With Quote