R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 AM   #451
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
I'm going to look at things differently. We have a Reedy race and I'm thankful for that. Man.....we Gerbils have it tough
What what what??? What have you been doing with yourself?????:lo l:

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #452
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
What what what??? What have you been doing with yourself?????:lo l:
I guess I am the most hated racer in Norcal.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #453
Tech Master

Quote:
I guess I am the most hated racer in Norcal.
Don't start feeling sorry for yourself or we'll never let up! AYO said something about having a Stimulus Package for you this Saturday....

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #454
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Don't start feeling sorry for yourself or we'll never let up! AYO said something about having a Stimulus Package for you this Saturday....
He's only fast on carpet. He needs to worry about you not me this weekend Hope many set's of tire's do you want me to bring? They are all from the original batch of RP's. Long wear and no drop off. Text me.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
He's only fast on carpet. He needs to worry about you not me this weekend Hope many set's of tire's do you want me to bring? They are all from the original batch of RP's. Long wear and no drop off. Sext me.
Dude ...first gerbils, now this? ...you need to let out some of that pent up tension!!
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #456
Tech Master

Whats up guys are the entry's out yet or are we still waiting....Thanks Drew
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #457
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I Hope many set's of tire's do you want me to bring? They are all from the original batch of RP's. Long wear and no drop off.
Well since that said, the bottom line is if that's all you have to run new or old RP'S, and you have said if you win at SpeedWorld your victory dance is to run down the back straightaway with your pants off, it's not even going to happen so save us from laughing for another time, lol. The bottom line is if you’re not running a Sorex tire, you will not even come close to victory, lol. Sorex is the best racing tire in the world hands down for the last 10 years and it's not changing any time soon.

What I have heard from the Scotty to Hottie camp is you are the last guy he is worried about, lol.

Last edited by YLLIB; 03-27-2009 at 09:43 AM.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #458
Tech Adept

Quote:
While this sounds good I don't see this ever working. Testing would still have to be done to see if the tire would hold up at whatever track the race were to be held at. Could you imagine the internet back lash that would come along with that if you were to jus choose a tire without testing and that race wound up being a complete mess???? All the last second tire testing just delay's the racer from taking part in warm up races, or practice time. You call it an advantage but isn't everyone trying to get an advantage at one point or another???? Factory teams in the past have rented the track for a day before the Reedy so their driver's can have this so called advantage. It's nice that the Reedy is at a track where everyone can come actually practice or club race at no matter what car they drive. That's what makes racing so fun.....THE PEOPLE. Not taking anything away from the Tamiya track but you could only run there if you raced a Tamiya. Where did that leave everyone else???? It's been so long since the Reedy was at Ripon that I can't recall if they offered a warm up race but I know that teams rented out the track for testing. Forgive me if my rambling goes on and on but I feel that the organizers OWE the racers a little more than what we have received. True the turn outs are low but it all can't be blamed on the economy. Last second decisions don't help either. Racers have to plan things just like you guys do. The Reedy has been over the same weekend for years so it's not like it just popped up. As soon as last years Reedy ended the planing for this years race should have been starting. Starting with the tire situation since it was such a problem last year. I don't mean to come off in a negetive way but there are a ton of racers that share the same views but because of their sponsors or they are afraid to speak their mind in fear of being singled out I get to be the one that posts their thoughts. From the pm's and text messages I've received so far there are more than just a handful of guys I'm speaking for.
Personally, I agree 100% with Clint on this one. If you have a hand out tire that is no announced until the event, there will ALWAYS be a select set of people who knew what the tire was going to be and would have an advantage (after all, the tires have to be tested, and unless track is EMPTY hen the testing is done, people will find out what was tested).

And as far as advantages go, some people will be a lot better than other people at setting up a car when the tire conditions change. So they would have a clear advantage over the guys who are not as good at setup and cannot adjust as quickly given an unknown handout tire.

You could argue that is part of racing, but then, if you feel being able to adapt to changing conditions and tires is a part of racing, then why have a hand out tire at all?? The point of a hand out tire is to even out the racing, and if you let people know what the tire is in advance, and to practice with the tire or run at a warm up race with the tire, it makes it a lot more even for everybody.

So yeah, IMHO, the decision on the tire needs to be made ASAP. If the manufacturers are only just now coming along and trying to get involved, it is too late. Choose something that we already have access to (and is in stock), and the guys who missed out can get ready earlier for next year.
kendallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 AM   #459
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy View Post
Here ya go ...here's a link to a 220k version of the entry form:

http://www.gearchart.com/assets/reedy09.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Ellis View Post
Whats up guys are the entry's out yet or are we still waiting....Thanks Drew
Here you go Drew...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #460
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Well since that said, the bottom line is if that's all you have to run new or old RP'S, and you have said if you win at SpeedWorld your victory dance is to run down the back straightaway with your pants off, it's not even going to happen so same us from laughing for another time, lol. The bottom line is if you’re not running a Sorex tire, you will not even come close to victory, lol. Sorex is the best racing tire in the world hands down for the last 10 years and it's not changing any time soon.

What I have heard from the Scotty to Hottie camp is you are the last guy he is worried about, lol.
I have plenty of Sorex with Hara inserts to run I'm just helping out a fellow racer. Scotty heard I was running 13.5 this year and switched to mod He's been afraid of me every since I switched to Tamiya
Old 03-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #461
Tech Master

Quote:
I have plenty of Sorex with Hara inserts to run I'm just helping out a fellow racer. Scotty heard I was running 13.5 this year and switched to mod He's been afraid of me every since I switched to Tamiya

Why would I be "afraid " of you now that your running a Tamiya??? I beat you in 13.5, in every race since you switched to the Tamiya!!!

Maybe i'll have to run 4 class's this weekend just so i can beat you in 13.5 AGAIN!!!!

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #462
Tech Master

Clint, I'm starting to think Art came up with his signature line after spending some time with you...

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

:h a:

Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #463
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Clint, I'm starting to think Art came up with his signature line after spending some time with you...

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

:h a:

Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #464
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now, this is the kind of trash talkin I want to read, as long as it doesn't include me, LMAO.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #465
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Now, this is the kind of trash talkin I want to read, as long as it doesn't include me, LMAO.
I coming there just FOR YOU, Billy! And the Challenge too. You're goin be sick of me busted your "flat-top" stones this summer.