R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Dicke View Post
Do you really feel a difference between the different brands?
I had Muchmore?, Tamiya, Associated, HPI, ... Every grease worked as good as the others.
Just take the cheapet difgrease, your shop has.
+1
Old 01-14-2009, 07:53 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

Corally for me. I've always felt the tamiya grease to be too light, especially for the lower turn motors. For the thrust bearings, associated black grease.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:05 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2056dennis View Post
ooops sorry guys forgot to mention i will be running 13.5 / 17.5 / and a 5.5this summer
I think the temp might have a lot to do with what grease works best.
Lazer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
hey could you keep your personal problems to your self we are trying to help others as well as myself to get a better feeling diff because it is very important to have a very smooth built diff to get our cars to handle thanks
I wasn't kidding so keep your anger in check. Astroglide and other personal lubricants are just silicon based lubes that are less concentrated. I prefer the lighter layer they put on the rings when used with ceramic diff balls.
ChristopherKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherKee View Post
I wasn't kidding so keep your anger in check. Astroglide and other personal lubricants are just silicon based lubes that are less concentrated. I prefer the lighter layer they put on the rings when used with ceramic diff balls.
That was funny no matter what - the kid needs a chill pill.

Paul

The train stops at the train station. The bus stops at the bus station. In my office I have a workstation.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:05 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The reason why I like the Schumacher lube over AE is because of its thickness. What I mean is this.....at home I built two rear diffs one with AE lube and the other with Schumacher lube. Left them on my work station standing on it's side and went to work for the day. The house was just at regular room temperature all day. (not too hot and not too cold) When I got home and checked them the AE diff had a little leakage that had run down the out drive and the Schumacher oil didn't show sign of run off. Both diffs were still silky smooth but my thought was if the Schumacher lube stayed in the diff in room temperature then on the hot black top it should be a little better than the AE lube. Just my opinion.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #22
Tech Champion

I'm in agreement with Clint about Schumacher diff lube. Weylin Rose had me try some and it's by far the best diff lube I've ever come across. It's not as liquid like in viscosity, nor does it separate like weird peanut butter.

When in the diff it feels very similar to Associated silicone diff lube (red letters on the tube). So it's just a hair thicker than the associated stealth diff lube (one with black letters on the tube).

Like Clint mentioned, it holds up really well in the heat. I know he runs mainly asphalt, and sees much higher track temps than I ever have up here in rainy Washington, but it sure helps in the foam tire carpet racing I do. We put a huge load on the diffs on carpet with foam tires, so it's really important to have a diff lube that will still hold when the diff heats up.

-Korey
Old 01-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Check out this website.
www.bfastrc.com
Fred is the diff king. With his products I have had the best and longest lasting diffs I have ever felt.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:49 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
im wondering what diff lube is the best for my tc diffs and my 10th and 12th scale cars

Niftech is the one I use it is in a syringe no mess.
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherKee View Post
hey i was not angry but if you look at your post and think about it you did not explaine nothing you made it look like a joke and im not jokeing about this its to help more then just myself
CRC Gen XL / Xray 09 , t2r pro / CW sprint and CW rocket / Kyosho evolva m3 / Tekin rs / Futaba 4pks / Trinity / Dirtburners thanks Bill / 1/8th racers of Toledo / Trex chassi / Summit Race way / Stateline
LAZER SPEEDWAY where all else IS just a parking lot / Hobby Stop West Raceway
2056dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I'm in agreement with Clint about Schumacher diff lube. Weylin Rose had me try some and it's by far the best diff lube I've ever come across. It's not as liquid like in viscosity, nor does it separate like weird peanut butter.

When in the diff it feels very similar to Associated silicone diff lube (red letters on the tube). So it's just a hair thicker than the associated stealth diff lube (one with black letters on the tube).

Like Clint mentioned, it holds up really well in the heat. I know he runs mainly asphalt, and sees much higher track temps than I ever have up here in rainy Washington, but it sure helps in the foam tire carpet racing I do. We put a huge load on the diffs on carpet with foam tires, so it's really important to have a diff lube that will still hold when the diff heats up.

-Korey
I absolutely agree with what has been said about the shumacher grease.

But have you bought any latelly? I ask this because i think they changed the formula or something. And the latest grease hasnt impressed me like the original one...
Itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM   #27
mok
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
AE stealth grease has always been the benchmark, can't go wrong with that.
+1.. and on the thrust i always use Tamiya anti-wear grease...
but thats mainly because i keep getting little tubs of this stuff with kits (so never had the need to buy anything else)
Old 01-14-2009, 11:33 PM   #28
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 302 (100%+)

Tamiya Ball Diff Grease on the diff balls and Tamiya Molybond Grease on the thrust, I find the antiwear grease lets things get a bit hotter than the Molybond does as it's a lot thicker, works well on the CVD's though!

Don't worry about what I'm doing.
Worry about why you're worried about what I'm doing.

"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity."

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
I absolutely agree with what has been said about the shumacher grease.

But have you bought any latelly? I ask this because i think they changed the formula or something. And the latest grease hasnt impressed me like the original one...
Honestly I haven't. I have 18 bazillion tubs of the corally diff grease from when I ran for them, so that's what I've been using. It is also a pretty solid diff grease, just use it sparingly.

-Korey
Old 01-15-2009, 12:20 AM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Easily overlooked but very good and easy to get. This stuff is great in a mod diff. Won't over heat and break down.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...al-Lube/Detail

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote