R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #211
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
Any pictures of the track layout?
There is a picture at post #141 of this thread. The only difference would be the sweeper exit which was done to give a 9 foot lane on the sweeper exit as well as a 9 foot lane in the carousel entry.
her3kdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #212
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mhodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
Gentlemen, here are your final standings in the triple mains for all groups.

I want to thank everyone once again who made it this year and hope everyone had a wonderful time with all the little things we had come up.

Lots of great looking cars in the concourse judging, thank you Paul, Rick and Hienrich for judging.

Special Thanks to Colin Cocores from HPI/Hot Bodies with all the raffle prizes and the sneak peek at the new HPI CF Cup Racer. I ordered some kits today

Thanks also to Sean Colburn, Mike Hodge and Jeff Mocyzinski for working the tech area. Sherry and Bill at Whistling Pete's for doing such a nice job on the shirts.

Mike Larsen, Bill "this is on sale today" Miller , Rich Murphy and Lynn for helping out anytime I ask.

Of course we cannot forget Mr.Johnson for the hugs when we need them the most.

Thanks for letting me help out. It was a blast of a day! The racing was fantastic!
Have an outstanding Navy day!!
-----------------------------------------------------
mhodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #213
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...ok here we go....

1st I want to thank my wife and 1yr old Mya..for allowing me to come to this race and have alot of patience with me and the event of racing "toy" cars on some carpet...ps..after she showed me her lunch on my shirt..she was fine...

Thanks to the Eric for making this happen and giving the VTA class a NATIONAL race....thanks to Rob King for the TC5 advise...thanks to Brian and Co. for the comfort of seeing a familar face...thanks to Hammer and Co. for the laughs...cool hat still..swear I thought it was your hair...thanks to Rich for the down to Earth feeling he made the race...REALLY FAST GUY...talking with the locals...or he is a local?...thanks to Brad for the tips and letting take his ride for a lap or two...thanks to all the local and "PRO" drivers that came out to put the USVTA 2009 a great event and an experince I will keep for a long long time....

I would like to address some of the issues being discuss about "HACKS"..honestly...yes there was some "BAD" driving on some racers part...I was even told several times that I was given a bad shake by several different racers watching the race whom didnt know me from "ADAM"... but in all fairness thats racing...this is my 1st National event..and I could very well look at this in a negative way...but in racing you have different guys racing different ways...I see a opening, they see a cut-off....we cant all be a Brad,Michael,Rob,Dirla,Rich,Kevin..ect....some of us need to understand how to accept the fact that you are slower..and learn to give up a corner to allow the faster racer to pass...its not always easy( and I know 1st hand) but it will allow you to race the guy thats on your level...and also keep the racing clean....

if any of you are racing Trans-am for competition only...you are in the wrong class...winning is great...but win the right way...that includes you "SANDBAGGERS" looking for a trophy or money...we can debate about what went wrong all year long..but you will find hacks,cheats,sandbaggers,,, on every level of racing or any sport...just remember why you run these cool looking toy cars...and think about how many ppl you can piss off by trying to wreck them on purpose...and remember you might run them off and for long you will be racing TC again..

and 1 more thing....some of us might not take to kindly to someone taking them out...2 spur gears?...you might piss-off the wrong person and find yourself thrown off the drivers stand on to the concrete floor..be carefull who you stand next to...lol...j/k..NOT!
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #214
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up

First....I want to say thanks to Eric and all of the crew at The Track. For all of the racers and all of the rounds of qualifying and mains everyone did a great job....and especially getting us out of there by 10pm, I really planned on leaving at 1am or so....again Great Job.

Now for all the people talking about the driving during the race itself. All I can say is that I was invloved with some of the cleanest and closest racing I've ever experienced. Running door to door with Rick the first round for the last 3 laps of the race was awesome and we ended up finishing like 2 tenths apart, Jimmy and I running like 3 inches apart for 3-4 minutes of the second B main and neither one of us gaining or giving anything...just good racing, and in the super main running with Brad for a couple laps for the lead and swapping spots every corner(even though I really had nothing for Brad...I was just in his way, lol)....that's what this class is all about. I also watched some of the best races I've ever seen...drivers setting up the person in front of them 3 corners ahead of time for the clean pass, inside/outside moves through the sweeper, I could go on and on. I think the issue is that the layout was very tight, there was alot of different experience levels, everyone was fighting for every tenth of a second because the competition was so close, and patience wore thin. But, I don't think anyone took anybody out intentionally. I might be wrong, but I hope not. If I am, I feel sorry for anyone who has to race that way. Just my .02

Anyways....great race guys, can't wait for next year!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #215
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tread1 View Post
The way I see it if you want everyone trainup and run in a line racing run TC,if you want door banging,fender to fender fun run transam,there is enough attitude and fighting in this sport as it is,transam is a release and a hell of a good time,I was in that video posted above and it was the best time I have had on the track in a long time,even Mike Haynes who had the bulleye put on his back was laughing so hard it was tough to drive.
I agree with Tread.I was at the race in the video too. Have to admit the start was rough, but everyone that I could tell on the stand was lauging their collective buts off. The class is a good learing tool and a stress reliever. Sometimes you just misjudge how fast you come up on the other guy.
Kregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #216
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

From what I can tell, everyone had a fun time this weekend.

It seems like there are a few different opinions about how this class runs, could run, or should run...but being that I posed the question, I feel I have my answer.

Not looking to drag a dark cloud over the scene. Feel free to move on...nothing to see here
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #217
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No black clouds for sure. A good discussion and I'm glad a few people chimed in. I think it was important to realise that VTA , just like any other racing , will have it's moments and that nobody should single out the class as a hack fest. Like the man said....time to move on.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #218
Tech Champion

Hey I wasnt even there.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X79 View Post
First....I want to say thanks to Eric and all of the crew at The Track. For all of the racers and all of the rounds of qualifying and mains everyone did a great job....and especially getting us out of there by 10pm, I really planned on leaving at 1am or so....again Great Job.

Now for all the people talking about the driving during the race itself. All I can say is that I was invloved with some of the cleanest and closest racing I've ever experienced. Running door to door with Rick the first round for the last 3 laps of the race was awesome and we ended up finishing like 2 tenths apart, Jimmy and I running like 3 inches apart for 3-4 minutes of the second B main and neither one of us gaining or giving anything...just good racing, and in the super main running with Brad for a couple laps for the lead and swapping spots every corner(even though I really had nothing for Brad...I was just in his way, lol)....that's what this class is all about. I also watched some of the best races I've ever seen...drivers setting up the person in front of them 3 corners ahead of time for the clean pass, inside/outside moves through the sweeper, I could go on and on. I think the issue is that the layout was very tight, there was alot of different experience levels, everyone was fighting for every tenth of a second because the competition was so close, and patience wore thin. But, I don't think anyone took anybody out intentionally. I might be wrong, but I hope not. If I am, I feel sorry for anyone who has to race that way. Just my .02

Anyways....great race guys, can't wait for next year!!!
Thanks John, it's always fun racing with you. Side by side through the chicane onto the straight was intense!

Great race, great people, great times. I ended up in last position the first corner of all 3 A mains, am I upset, no. It's the main and we're trying to cram 10 fast cars into one space, things will happen. I had a great time and I'll be back next year. I will have something new for Concours so watch out everybody!

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #220
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the qualifying and triple A's made for less havoc than last year just because you were racing people about the same speed more often. As much as I liked the Reedy format last year I think the format this year helped the racing. For me the first qualifier was really brutal... mostly just bad luck but I pulled it off early. Should have let the faster guys go rather than try and hold my position, but I couldn't help myself. I just caused a big fight behind me which eventually led to me getting hit. After that it was pretty good... had some really clean runs for the most part and some good racing also. Not saying I didn't get hit or hit people but no complaints here.

My main comment would be to keep it the same racing opportunities for all. The F main should get the same track time as the A main... that makes this event good for everyone! I like the compromise of drawing names to get in the supermains. Actually I think this is more important for the guys that don't get that opportunity as much as fast guys. Some of the B supermain were just stoked to get in the race!! Planning for next year should keep in mind to make it just as important for the guy that finishes last vs the guy in first. I think more than any race I've been to this race does that.. lets just not forget that going forward.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #221
Tech Apprentice

I had a great time as did all from my race club. Thanks Eric and all involved. I look forward to next year.
Snotbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #222
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009021102/

Event News is up on HPI's site.

WOW....what a write up. Show up to a race one time have a bad experience and broadcast it out to the world to see only the side of a jaded point of view.......EXCELLENT!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:41 AM   #223
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow that stinks i mean talk about the event but don't bash it on a world level site. it's funny as I have been watching the slash class with similar response at my track. it's a fun class to be in, the driving is a little rougher on a whole but I just attribute that to the newer drivers and told the old school guys to live with it or get out and run full 10.5 truck class (or in the case of TA full TC) as you shouldn't be in it to start with.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Not just that Nash...its realy poor form on HPI's part publish that.

The class as a whole is fun and about having fun. If you are looking for super clean racing with out a chance of bumping or grinding go race SLOT-CARS.

This class isn't made up of the top racers around the country....its 95% filled with club racers looking to have a good time with average to above average skills. So yes the skill level can vary but hey guess what if you are that great of a driver then you would have been able to drive around that and do better but in reality Mr. Shutt your not. So if you feel like you have been roughed up or what ever if you had the ability to advance you could have.....others did. Don't bring down the whole class and the event because of your lack of ability. I wouldn't pitch up at the 1/8th scale nationals having never run an 1/8th scale car before....then end up in the F-main and complain about the guys in the F-Main and write an article that the whole event sucked and was a total hack fest.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to HarryN

I liked the write up on the site and I thought it was nice. I have to agree with the write up as well. VTA, to me, seems like a destruction derby more than a race. Every time the mains start, I am always bashed and hacked and even knocked out of the lane and lose a lap. It is absolutely ridiculous sometimes.

I understand that stuff like that should usually be kept on the down low when talking about a race, but it looks like it is becoming too much of a problem now with no control over it. Nothing sucks more than coming in first or second then having some jackarse knock you out purposely. It sucks a ton.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote