Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution II

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb Rally in the USA TCS series.

Tamiya has announced a rally class. But limited it to TB-01, TL01 and TA-03 tubbed chassis.

So... I was thinking Get a TB Evo II and get the TB-01 tub, combine and have all the hopups at once?

Am I thinking logically or am I way off in La La Land?
Old 02-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

DrDiff,

You are off in la la land.

TB EVOI/II are different car from the TB01. Everything about the cars are different. the only thing that they share is probably the shaft drive system. However, their gear boxs are different too.

Hop-up a TB01, will probably be enough for you to buy 2 Evos.

so, why not just get a EVOI/II and race in mod?
Old 02-28-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TRF-Powered

so, why not just get a EVOI/II and race in mod?
i think because he wants to play rally class....
Old 03-04-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

What size pinions and spurs are you guys using on the EVO II? And with which motor? I just wanted to get some examples. TIA
Old 03-05-2002, 07:46 PM
AO
Tech Addict

Red face free play

To me. i feel that evo II has more free play than evo I. But both are very good cars.
Old 03-06-2002, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

a4don:

for stock racing, 36 pinion with 88 spur works GREAT for me.... the track is mid size track.

For larger track... i use 39 pinion with 88 spur.. it works fine... I haven't really been running on the big tracks lately to find what's perfect...

just try it out yourself.... asking for gear ratio is really usless, since it depends on so many different things. for example, the track you are running on, the motor you are using (even for stock motor each motor is very different). for the best result, Try it yourself. The car should be at it's max speed when it reach the end of the longest straight that you are running on.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default whats good

I am either going to get a tc3 or t1 with a p2k2 pro. Later I am going to move up to modified but for a beginner like me i am starting with stock. The track that I race on is carpet. I am either probably going to buy a lrp 7.1 or the mtroniks m-sonik dash. WHich one is better? do you have any different recommendations.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Get the LRP Quantum Competition, or try out the new Futaba Professional 800.....
Old 03-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Between the 7.1 and the Mtroniks, I'd choose the 7.1 It seems like a very reliable ESC.

Mtroniks i've used their RZ before, tons of punch, however, they tend to make my batteries run very hot. Runtime is slightly decreased due to it, but mine runs more than 5 mins, sufficient for 5 min races.

The 7.1 should perform adequately in stock (we run 23T stockers here), i'm sure it can take mods too, my friend runs a Trinity P94 9x2 on his

BTW, why are you posting getting a TC3 or T1 here, odd place, no?
I'd take the TC3, assuming the parts support is better than the T1. Else, id' take the T1. The Xray T1 is really a piece of r/c art, but setting it up can be a pain in the ass, especially since you mentioned you do not have esc yet i'd hazard a guess you do not have acquired the setup tools for it.

Dragon: Is your Quantum Competition back from repairs? I did not see you at the tamiya race Your TBEVO and QComp/3PJS combo should be kicking some major ass, no?
Old 03-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Nope its not back yet.....fustrating.....i wonder whose fault is it, toycar or the factory in germany....this event has caused me to lose confidence in this brand....and so im sourcing for futaba instead.....

and no i didnt go.....even if i did, i wouldnt be the one kicking, but being kicked ....if i know it is a lose lose situation, i wont go ahead with it.....
Old 03-12-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dragon, how did the quantum got spoiled?
Old 03-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

If anyone wants to sell their faulty escs, please pm me or email me. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2002, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

the set button spoilt....it slowly got from easy to press, to more difficult to press, until cannot press at all.....
Old 03-14-2002, 03:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dragon: Do you want to sell me your faulty esc?
Old 03-15-2002, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

The ESC is either still with Toycar or the LRP factory in Germany....i ask winnie to send for me almost 6 months ago......still not back yet.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.