R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TB-Evolution II (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/2656-tamiya-tb-evolution-ii.html)

andyroos 03-12-2004 02:44 PM

if you take a look at the last pic, i had to redrill the holes so they would screw into the existing holes in the bulkheads and i had to file a notch so that it would clear the gearbox bulge...i took the evo 2 shock tower and i lined it up ontop of the evo3 shock tower and i tried to line up the existing shock mounting holes....the only ones that matched up perfectly were the 2nd inner most holes. if my memory serves me....so took some screws and nuts and bolted them together into a sandwich and then i just used the evo2 bulkhead holes as a guide to drill out the new holes into the evo3 shock tower...then i filed the notch to clear the gearbox cover...it sounds hard to do but its not really...i can post pics of the shock tower sandwich tonite if it'll make things more clear...

JRRobiso 03-12-2004 03:02 PM


Originally posted by andyroos
if you take a look at the last pic, i had to redrill the holes so they would screw into the existing holes in the bulkheads and i had to file a notch so that it would clear the gearbox bulge...i took the evo 2 shock tower and i lined it up ontop of the evo3 shock tower and i tried to line up the existing shock mounting holes....the only ones that matched up perfectly were the 2nd inner most holes. if my memory serves me....so took some screws and nuts and bolted them together into a sandwich and then i just used the evo2 bulkhead holes as a guide to drill out the new holes into the evo3 shock tower...then i filed the notch to clear the gearbox cover...it sounds hard to do but its not really...i can post pics of the shock tower sandwich tonite if it'll make things more clear...
Thanks. pls do post some pics.:D

Bubblestc3 03-12-2004 03:20 PM


Originally posted by JRRobiso
Hello there, the answer to your questions:

Ring Gear : 39
Bevel P-gear : 15

:p

Thank you very much.:nod:

JRRobiso 03-12-2004 07:55 PM

Help!!!

Need Setup Tips for Asphalt track.

Ran my EVO2.5 (TA04SS) earlier at my LHS outdoor track. Car wasn't hooking up compared to my 414M.

Details of current setup for my car:

Tires/Inserts - Sorex 36R/HPI Green med. inserts
Springs/Swaybar (F/R) - Tamiya Yellow/Yellow; Yellow/Red
Shock piston/damper oil - 2 holes (F/R) / AE 40 (F/R)
Damper position (F/R) Top - 1/3
Damper position (F/R) Bottom - 2/2
Rear uprights - Position B

Anybody who can share their set-ups, advance thanks!

:sweat:

cmwong 05-31-2004 12:06 AM

Ball diff. gear box
 
anyone try fit the evo III rear ball diff. gear box into evo II?

or any other's model's ball diff. gear box can fit into evo II?

cmwong 05-31-2004 12:40 AM


Originally posted by JRRobiso
I thought TB EVO2 died out due to the release of the EVO3. By the way, I'm new to RC Tech forums but Eeyan knows a bit about me already. In regards to your question BrainTeased, there should 'nt be that much besides the urethane bumper. When I first had the EVO2 with the original arms and uprights, the only thing that broke was my left rear upright when the wheel clipped one of the exposed pipes on the track I was on & also the urethane bumper during frontal collisions. But when I converted the car in to the EVO2.5 spec which I saw on this thread a long way back, nothing has broken so far. The bumper issue, bought the TB02 bumper & did some slight modifications w/ my dremel tool & issue resolved. Actually the TB02 bumper looks like the one Square made for the EVO3. The latest thing I added to the car was the EVO3 alum spurgear holder. Had to shave at least 2mm from the rear diff case where the end of the prop shaft was inserted and deepened the slot where the pin goes in. And also bought the EVO2 susp set-up parts. :)
How to convert to evo 2.5? is there a conversion kit?
can evo 2 use the evo3 alum spur gear holder with what u said shave at least 2mm from the rear diff case?

alien too 06-03-2004 09:34 AM

What parts (#) are needed to convert evo III to a tb02?

aviaar 06-03-2004 09:05 PM

Had to post something to take up some space....if you know what I mean......

fabolousRC 06-03-2004 10:11 PM


Originally posted by cmwong
How to convert to evo 2.5? is there a conversion kit?
can evo 2 use the evo3 alum spur gear holder with what u said shave at least 2mm from the rear diff case?

TB Evo 2.5 consist of using TA04/414M suspension arms instead of using stock arms. So any TA04/414M arms will fit in...either the regular ones or the hard ones.

The Black Kat 06-04-2004 08:56 AM


Originally posted by alien too
What parts (#) are needed to convert evo III to a tb02?
Wrong thread bro....check the Evo3/TB02 threads....I think Gary did a conversion

I might think about doing that too for TCS....I can't race outdoor worth a damn

zer0_wing 06-14-2004 10:59 PM

im running a tb01 on an hpi 17turn triple motor..can you suggest me a spur and pinion gear setting for this...and any suggestions on wer i can get tips on how to setup my tbo1?..thnx


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:00 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.