R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2002, 02:33 PM   #286
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TRF-Powered
hi all, Just wonder do any of you know who makes spur/pinion for Evo II besides Tamiya. Tamiya's spur/Pinion is a bit hard to mesh. And it wears out fast.

thanks
Anyone???

Or anyone of you know who makes spur gear adapter for EvoII?? I heard Cross does, but I checked their website, and they don't have it.

Anyone know who makes the adapter and where I can get them?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:37 PM   #287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe you can look for the Cross adaptor made for the TB-01 rather the the Evo II.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:59 PM   #288
Tech Fanatic

geez doncha people listen! :P just get the TBO1 gear set...

comes with 48 pitch metric spurs...55, 58, 61.... they are not the little itty bitty teeth that the evo 2 kit comes with...and are very durable...you'll need Tamiya AV pinions 21 thru 26 and you should be set.
Aluma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 11:06 PM   #289
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Aluma
geez doncha people listen! :P just get the TBO1 gear set...

comes with 48 pitch metric spurs...55, 58, 61.... they are not the little itty bitty teeth that the evo 2 kit comes with...and are very durable...you'll need Tamiya AV pinions 21 thru 26 and you should be set.
Is the part number for the gear set 50860???

Thanks
Old 07-08-2002, 11:21 PM   #290
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tan
Maybe you can look for the Cross adaptor made for the TB-01 rather the the Evo II.
Thanks. I was looking at cross's english version site... they really need to update that site. Their Japanese site has the adapter.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #291
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Anyone???

Or anyone of you know who makes spur gear adapter for EvoII?? I heard Cross does, but I checked their website, and they don't have it.

Anyone know who makes the adapter and where I can get them?
Cross and Tobee Craft makes the adaptor to 48pitch

I am using the one by Tobee Craft

check out www.rcmodel.hk
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:43 AM   #292
Tech Fanatic

TRF, yes the part number is TAM50860

tb01 G parts bag.
Old 07-09-2002, 01:11 PM   #293
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by lem2

Cross and Tobee Craft makes the adaptor to 48pitch

I am using the one by Tobee Craft

check out www.rcmodel.hk
I saw that tobee craft's "spur gear holder" but i'm not so sure how it works. does it come with all the necessary hardware to make it work? if you can, can you post the picture of it? tobee's is so much cheaper than Cross, but i'm not sure how it works. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:15 PM   #294
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

Quote:

Is the part number for the gear set 50860???

Thanks
If it is, it still looks like the same small teeth to me....
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 06:46 AM   #295
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

I saw that tobee craft's "spur gear holder" but i'm not so sure how it works. does it come with all the necessary hardware to make it work? if you can, can you post the picture of it? tobee's is so much cheaper than Cross, but i'm not sure how it works. Thanks.
Sorry still do not have a camera, but I just replaced the stock spur with the one from tobee craft, no other stuff needed, I got a 52T that was the only one available.

Whats nice about the Cross adaptor is you can use any after market 48pitch spur, but with the tobee craft you have to use theirs which is rare here in Manila.

The spur of the Tobee craft is unique since it only has 3 holes to place the screw in.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 09:11 AM   #296
Tech Regular

Default TB or not TB...

Hi guys,

Been thinking of getting a shaft driven car and so far there are 2 choices the TC-3 and the TB-EvoII

Personally I am leaning towards the TB evoII, but somewhere I read that the cars track width is not 190mm but at a much narrower track ala Tamiya style... is that true?

Sonneteer
sonneteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 06:24 PM   #297
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I think the EVO2 is very close to 190mm. I have one and it runs as good as any touring car I have tried, especially once I had the diff tightened so it didn't slip. I bought mine used with only 2 races on on it in mint condidtion and it had a ton of parts so it was a steal. I'm very happy with it and can't wait to run mine tommorrow with my new Chrome Stratus 2.0 from Protoform. Last time I ran the Tamiya Corvette with Jaco purple foams. I TQ'ed and won with it and a Stratus will only make it better and it is also lighter.

The Tamiya will be alot more forgiving if you hit a few things.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 07:37 PM   #298
Tech Fanatic

sonneteer... its at 187mm width, but it really doesnt make a difference...the car is top notch and exclusive, but thats what brings the bad news....hard to find original parts... Its really durable, but it does break parts if you hit hard enough... I lent mine to a friend to try and he broke my front carrier... guess what... no one has the tgx front carriers in stock! how nice... so i ordered the ta04 racing front carriers with the extra support rods...and ta04 aluminum hubs too.... just my luck, now i break a ball end king pin that comes with it and no one makes that little screw separately either... i have to buy another racing front carrier set to get it!! but since it broke off inside the aluminum, i drilled it out and got a TC3 long ball end with a spacer bushing to replace it and stick it inthere. but i feel pretty good about it... i ran 4 packs thru the car all the way till they almost dead and only broke an aluminum(weak) ball end kingpin.... (and I do crash once or twice) but my buddy ran his TC3 and broke several parts just in one pack...several times too...he'd fix it, go again and bam! something fell off or broke.... I tried helpin him, but factory team tc3 is kinda weak if you crash a bunch.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:36 AM   #299
Tech Regular

thanks for all the replies... I misread the spec and you are right it is right near 190mm.

I think I may go with it soon cos I think it can be better than the TC3 in durability. It is jsut too easy to break one I think!

Now I just need to get a good price from my suppliers!
sonneteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 01:01 PM   #300
Tech Adept

Default difference between tb evo 1 and 2?

Hey guys I just sold my xxx-s and am looking to get a TB Evo. What is the difference between the evo 1 and the evo 2? I saw some evo 1's up for sale on ebay and the message boards but thought I'd ask the you all since your the experts.

Thanks

Dan
azDan is offline   Reply With Quote