R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TB-Evolution II (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/2656-tamiya-tb-evolution-ii.html)

x414x 05-19-2002 11:50 AM

I'll tell you if the parts fit in about 2 weeks. Gotta send payment for the arms to Hiro.

IceBerG71 05-19-2002 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Aluma

I do recommend y'all keep an eye on your front hub step screws! they loosen sometimes and if you hit something break the plastic hub. Its happend in my TL01 and my EVO2. (I put thread lock or glue inthere before i screw them in)

the glue that u put in, can use UHU glue??? Or must use that specfic glue that u mentioned?? i also have this problem with the front King pin, they always fall off during race then can't find it back later....

Alvin 05-19-2002 08:10 PM

IceBerG71: you might want to use Devcon's Plastic Steel, i think Speedo recommended it once. Works good! Also, whilst I drove my 01 I would use a piece of glass tape below to hold onto the kingpin...

AO 05-19-2002 08:12 PM

Does anyone know how to increase the rear toe in for this car.......

My car's rear keeps on throwing out.

Alvin 05-19-2002 08:16 PM

AO: Maybe try allow rear suspension arm to droop more? Is it on power loose or off power loose?

IceBerG71 05-19-2002 10:42 PM

The " Devcon's Plastic Steel" can be obtained from hardware store or from hobby shop??

Thanx alvin for the advice again.

Alvin 05-20-2002 04:25 AM

Originally posted by IceBerG71
The " Devcon's Plastic Steel" can be obtained from hardware store or from hobby shop??

Thanx alvin for the advice again.

Hardware store, most should carry 'em...

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 09:10 PM

Thanx alvin, next time i will search around for it.

going IA next module?

as what kk has said, we live too far off from yuan chin, so is hard for us to go down to play, beside he returning army and i will be working part time....so............

see u in the next race....

Alvin 05-20-2002 09:11 PM

What about the race this Sunday @ CCK?

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 09:34 PM

alvin:

Currently we only race in Tamiya series as open race are very competitive. bben there once....got X-ray to fight....hard for us. that was when both of us still using Tb01. now kk use, TA04R, maybe different but nvr heard him going......

maybe next time.
sad to say we are not in any points from the tamiya race...so quite demoralizing.

all the best to U in the race.

:tire:

Alvin 05-20-2002 09:47 PM

Xray? If you are talking about the Xray T1.... Let's say I'd be more concerned about ppl using the same car as the current World Champ ;-) Besides in real life it comes down to driver. Chassis less important.

You guys don't have track there right? I used to go to the top of multi story carparks (Zoom upstairs used to have tires and stuff for markers) setup a kind track and run there. Fun!

Don't be demoralized - everyone starts out the same. See you 9th June then.

~Alvin

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 10:26 PM

u know sam, he is a good driver with lots of supporter...always finish top 3 with his X-ray....his buddies or team drives well too..... no chance for us at all.

we played mostly at car parks too but tire wear very fast cos very rough but grip excellent. we played indoor before but very dusty.

sometimes we played at basketball court. if another fren of us who drive want to play RC, we may go down to yuan chin or Marina Bay....at least there is proper track but have to squueze with those GP cars.

maybe u will see me on 8 June, testing the car there, not really testing but playing as i will be working part time to earn cash for race fees.....hee hee:

Aluma 05-22-2002 11:57 AM

i used a thick CA type glue...like for the tires. it hasnt budged since then....and i even unscrewed it to test fit the aluminum TA04 hubs from integy.... they sort of fit, but i need to get a smaller inner bearing and change the lengths of the tierods. since i dont have a setup tool, i have to wait to do that.

the carriers are only the TGX. hub can be ta04.

superk 05-25-2002 08:19 PM

Help on gear!

Guys! I run EVO II .!! yha..!! Any how..>I need some help on gearing ?? I run 10X2 motor what gear should I run? and if I run 12x2 what gear? Any one have any gear charts?

Thanks

JohnA 05-26-2002 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
10T I'd start at about 8-1 and see how you go, 12T maybe start at 7-1.