Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics. >

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree475Likes

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
How long do you think it takes a photographer to go to the studio and set up for a shot like this and then post process? Probably a bit longer than five minutes don't you think?

If you were following the thread a couple of pages back, you would see that I had already corrected the issue on the car.
I m with you on this. Nice clear photos take a lot of effort and time and it is not as simple as it looks.
Nice work.

John
JD & RACING BLOG
Old 04-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thanks John. I'm glad you get it.

Your wiring jobs are excellent as well.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxgregg
Whats the best or easiest way to shorten servo and esc wires to cleanup my wiring?

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 04-01-2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Tired of people who don't do their own research, and instead rely on others to spoon feed them information
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My crc gen-xl.... Whatcha think?

Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sweet, the VTX1 looks good, as does the whole car, I just finished tidying up my Serpent 12th, I'll have to post a pic tomorrow of it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Honestly the vtx1 is so much smaller than my havoc 1s that I had, with it wired up all tidy like this the car is much more balanced and more weight is right in the center. where I race we don't have ozite so a center battery car would be no help for me. However being able to put all the electronics in super tight really helps the car handle. plus body can be extra low now too, especially since the motor wires do not have to cross at all and the esc is SO much lower. my sensor wire is also super out of the way.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, mine is somewhat finished, shortening leads is something I always seem to put off lately, in part because the replacements pins/plugs I have seem poor quality, some older ones I had were really good, all the stuff I seem to have left have crap pins and overly small wire holes in the plugs, wish I could remember where I got the original ones from.
I should just get a crimper, I solder the wire into the new pins currently, it works ok, but it's just time consuming.

After working on the little Serpent, I can say that I really want the On-Point chassis, it looks nice...
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-tidy01.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-tidy02.jpg  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Very clean look there, nice job. been a fan of serpent lately. Considering a TC from them but I keep talking myself out of it. The esc looks pretty small, what are it's specs? also how do you like the thunder power motor? (I decided on d3.5 because there is more trinity locally) also how do you like the savox?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Baja-Boy
Very clean look there, nice job. been a fan of serpent lately. Considering a TC from them but I keep talking myself out of it. The esc looks pretty small, what are it's specs? also how do you like the thunder power motor? (I decided on d3.5 because there is more trinity locally) also how do you like the savox?
The build quality of the Serpent seems a little rough, both I and a friend found the lower front arm holes in the chassis drilled a bit off, meaning you have to file them out, or the front end tweaks a fair bit, also getting the kingpins smooth in the front pivot balls was difficult, I ran into other issues as well, including having to use Team Associated balls on the pod links to get them all good.

Now it's sorted it's fine, but it took more effort than you'd expect, though it's my first 12th scale, but I'd still really like the On-Point chassis to put on the car, it's looks a nicer design that works with all the Serpent parts.

It's a Core-RC Pace-45R ESC, only 45amp which should be ok cause for now it's just running a 10.5T motor, it's was cheap enough, and has good throttle feel, but it's a little on the tall side, right now the body rests/sits on the heatsink fins.
The other weird thing I found when fitting it, just about every ESC I know of has the motor phases running ABC, but the Core-RC runs CBA, which is really weird, and messes with having the wires neater running to the motor.

And I have been using thunder power motors for getting close to a year, and I like them, everything is rebuildable/replaceable, I have a spare with like 17.5 and 13.5 stator for, if I need to change winds I just grab a new $30 stator for it.
Savox servo seems fine so far, I ended up with a 1257 mini, which actually seems to be super fast, so suits the 12th, only minor pain was the mounts are really different to other servos, I had to drill new holes on the chassis to get it to fit the way I wanted.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Highly modded esc wiring(programming button moved to the esc case and soldered to the pcb,removed on/off switch...), shortest possible wires I could get a way with a link car.
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-p1050149-medium-.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-p1050147-medium-.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I bought a Futaba crimpping tool and shortened all my wires on my TCXX

Last edited by mxgregg; 05-02-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Extra points for yellow wheels!

-Mike
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My BD7 not too long ago. I'm working on the fan, sensor wire, and servo wire right now.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Per the suggestion of Blacked Out Revo, I have blacked out some parts on my VBC Wildfire as well as added a fan and added a few other upgrades.

What do you guys think of the car with the dyed parts?

Blacked Out by IIGQ4U, on Flickr

VBC Wildfire Black by IIGQ4U, on Flickr
Old 05-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Per the suggestion of Blacked Out Revo, I have blacked out some parts on my VBC Wildfire as well as added a fan and added a few other upgrades.

What do you guys think of the car with the dyed parts?

Blacked Out by IIGQ4U, on Flickr

VBC Wildfire Black by IIGQ4U, on Flickr
I must say it looks awesome!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.