• 1 Post By sosidge
  • 1 Post By belewis01
  • 1 Post By gigaplex

Differential Issues in 3Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Differential Issues in 3Racing Sakura XI Sport

I am a total newbie just getting into the hobby and went the route of getting a good deal on a used Sakura XI Sport roller in lieu of buying a kit and building from scratch (a bit intimidating for me). As I added my motor, electronics, receiver, etc. I had to replace some parts. Now it is up and running but for some reason the right front wheel is not working at all. Any idea what the issue is? From what I have read I may need to replace the differential? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-08-2022, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Take it apart and rebuild, checking for broken or binding parts.
mrreet2001 likes this.
Old 12-08-2022, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The front wheels should turn together, commonly called a spool. Looks like you could be missing a pin in the assembly.

Check page 4 in the attached manual - sorry did not find a sport manual.
https://site.petitrc.com/reglages/3r...aXI_Manual.pdf
SteveM likes this.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

It sounds like you've made a good choice getting a used Sakura XI Sport roller to start with. As for the issue you're having with the right front wheel, there could be a few possible causes.

One possibility is that there could be a problem with the differential, as you mentioned. The differential is responsible for allowing the wheels on either side of the car to rotate at different speeds when turning, so if there's an issue with it, it could cause the wheel to not work properly.

Another possibility is that there could be a problem with the motor or electronics. Make sure all the wires are connected correctly and that there are no loose connections. You could also try swapping the motor and electronics from the right to the left side of the car to see if the problem follows the components.

Lastly, it's possible that there could be an issue with the wheel or tire itself. Make sure the wheel is securely attached to the axle and that the tire is properly inflated. You could also try swapping the wheel from the right to the left side of the car to see if the problem follows the wheel.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olivermoore
It sounds like you've made a good choice getting a used Sakura XI Sport roller to start with. As for the issue you're having with the right front wheel, there could be a few possible causes.

One possibility is that there could be a problem with the differential, as you mentioned. The differential is responsible for allowing the wheels on either side of the car to rotate at different speeds when turning, so if there's an issue with it, it could cause the wheel to not work properly.

Another possibility is that there could be a problem with the motor or electronics. Make sure all the wires are connected correctly and that there are no loose connections. You could also try swapping the motor and electronics from the right to the left side of the car to see if the problem follows the components.

Lastly, it's possible that there could be an issue with the wheel or tire itself. Make sure the wheel is securely attached to the axle and that the tire is properly inflated. You could also try swapping the wheel from the right to the left side of the car to see if the problem follows the wheel.
Inflated tire? This sounds like a ChatGPT bot.
jo_er86 likes this.
Old 03-15-2023, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
True, that sounds totally weird in this context.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gigaplex
Its not, Im just not a native English speaker, sorry for that