Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics. >

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Like Tree434Likes

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 AM
  #1726  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 1,699
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Not bad. I know on the older T3 I ran my fan wires under the motor mount. There was just enough room. Not sure if the same holds true with the 2012.
Ill have to look closer at it, it didn't look like ther was, but there may be, I know it would clean it up alot more. Thanks!
COLD AS ICE is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:32 AM
  #1727  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,618
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

He's better at soldering than I was at 15, thats for sure.
DesertRat is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
  #1728  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,356
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Ill have to look closer at it, it didn't look like ther was, but there may be, I know it would clean it up alot more. Thanks!
I did it on mine, it was a tight fit with the small wires coming out of the fan. I poked it through one of the small holes on the motor mount.
defcone is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:55 PM
  #1729  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (67)
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Unfortunately it's gonna be a while. The two ESCs I'm eyeing are both not due out until Apil. I hope I don't let you down. So much pressure now. ha ha. Yours have always been inspiration for me.
Man thats a long wait for a esc. I'm sure it will look good, and thanks. Its 2012, time to step up our wiring game Im building my new car too, should be done in a few weeks (I hope! itching to go race!)
BlackedOutREVO is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM
  #1730  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
Man thats a long wait for a esc. I'm sure it will look good, and thanks. Its 2012, time to step up our wiring game Im building my new car too, should be done in a few weeks (I hope! itching to go race!)
Here is a sneak peek (motor is just a placeholder for now):





or8ital is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM
  #1731  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE View Post
Ill have to look closer at it, it didn't look like ther was, but there may be, I know it would clean it up alot more. Thanks!
Different car and I don't know the layout of the T3 '12 but in case it helps:



or8ital is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:16 PM
  #1732  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

LOL!

Novak.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 05:19 PM
  #1733  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
LOL!

Novak.
Its an old motor I have from 2.5 years ago when I stopped racing. Are novak motors bad now? It wasn't my main motor then either but it was OK.
or8ital is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 06:07 PM
  #1734  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

or8ital:
Why not put the fan on the underside of the fan mount? Lower CG and closer to the motor. Mine fits with a fat-ass Yeah Racing fan with 96/48 gears with a couple mm to spare.

-Mike

PS: Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate.

Last edited by grippgoat; 02-24-2012 at 06:22 PM.
grippgoat is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 PM
  #1735  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
or8tal:
Why not put the fan on the underside of the fan mount? Lower CG and closer to the motor. Mine fits with a fat-ass Yeah Racing fan with 96/48 gears with a couple mm to spare.

-Mike

PS: Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate.
I will have to mess around with it once I get it all hooked up. The issue with running it under the mount is then you have to add longer screws and nuts so it is somewhat offset. With the 25mm fan I tried under was fine because the screws went directly into the plastic.

or I guess I could just screw it in backwards. duh.
or8ital is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 PM
  #1736  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Its an old motor I have from 2.5 years ago when I stopped racing. Are novak motors bad now? It wasn't my main motor then either but it was OK.
I bet it would be dialed in SCT.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 PM
  #1737  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I bet it would be dialed in SCT.
What's the motor to run these days? Revtech?
or8ital is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:25 PM
  #1738  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (32)
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,269
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
What's the motor to run these days? Revtech?
Seems so. If you're rich, get a ThunderPower and then swap out its rotor for a blue one.

When people can be bothered to send me their info, I update big race equipment on rcprogear.com. Lately, most people are mute. I'm sure the companies that sponsor them must be so proud.

Last edited by syndr0me; 02-25-2012 at 11:34 AM.
syndr0me is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 10:24 AM
  #1739  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Robert_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Netherlands, Sweet Lake City
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I will have to mess around with it once I get it all hooked up. The issue with running it under the mount is then you have to add longer screws and nuts so it is somewhat offset. With the 25mm fan I tried under was fine because the screws went directly into the plastic.

or I guess I could just screw it in backwards. duh.
What brand fan-stand is that? Where to get?

Regards Robert
Robert_K is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
  #1740  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
What brand fan-stand is that? Where to get?

Regards Robert
For TC6:

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-TC6-...unt_p_809.html

For other cars:

http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD-2530...t-_p_1043.html

I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. You can ask in this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ns-etc-49.html

or PM http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/cristiantabush.html
or8ital is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.