R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-01-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Tech Master

Default Futaba brushless servo, really matter or not?

Happy New Year for all RC mates

My 1st question of this year is:

I am having now KO PDS-2413, If BLS351 should be the better due its different technology or S9551 is still the best, i don't care if it's low profile or not, just because i am looking for LIPO's, then less lead on the car the better is, due the weight rules i wish the heavier electronics.

And another 1 more thing, even i am looking for 4pk but also still keeping my DX3R, due its easy using.

So the big point is this, if Futaba servos really able to use in 4PK's receiver, then how about SR3100 receiver of Spektrum, will be really burnt receivers of another brands' ones?

As i heard from outside, the copter shop owner which situated in the front of home of my partner had told him to be careful of Futaba servos which never match in all receivers, specially of other makes, so if this really happened or just rumours?

Best regards and good luck for all RC Racers in '09 season
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Happy New Year for all RC mates

My 1st question of this year is:

I am having now KO PDS-2413, If BLS351 should be the better due its different technology or S9551 is still the best, i don't care if it's low profile or not, just because i am looking for LIPO's, then less lead on the car the better is, due the weight rules i wish the heavier electronics.
I'd rather have the lighter servo, if you need to balance the car, you can move a piece of lead anywhere you need it to be, the servo in most cars can't be moved for balance. If you have the KO 2413 you have one of the best servos now, I wouldn't worry about upgrading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
So the big point is this, if Futaba servos really able to use in 4PK's receiver, then how about SR3100 receiver of Spektrum, will be really burnt receivers of another brands' ones?

As i heard from outside, the copter shop owner which situated in the front of home of my partner had told him to be careful of Futaba servos which never match in all receivers, specially of other makes, so if this really happened or just rumours?
I've never heard of Futaba servos hurting other brand receivers. I can't say it's impossible but it doesn't seem likely to me.