R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Seriously... why-o-WHY can't we have a universal calandar to list ALL major races?

I'm disgusted, either at my own ignorance for not finding something obvious, or that the information is hard to find, poorly supported or it's not there.

Everybody thinks this is obvious information... It doesn't appear to be.

Why can't we have one spot...ONE SPOT, where every club gets together and lists their big event? Not all your club races. The one major event you want people to travel to. In order to get people to travel, they have to know about. the dudes that show up at your event, that you've never seen before, traveled 1000 miles by car to hang with your group, usually add the spice and fun that is required to make most large club events that much more special.

People are willing to travel. Sometimes I find myself in another part of the country forced to go to some relatives wedding or something... Be cool to slip away for a day and get some racing in... just can't find it, not easily, and not without hours and HOURS of digging.

We, the RC community, have "wheretoracerc.com", but just some of Washington seems to be using it. For all I know it's not even for the rest of us. I'm sure there are others, I couldn't find them.

I even made an effort in 2005 to get our guys in Montana, Wyoming, ND, SD and some of Canada to post events...failed. Wasn't easy to find, defeated the purpose. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/racemo...c=group&slk=23

I have our calendar at work. I'm trying to fill 7 weekends of racing this spring that we still have open. I've been looking for 3 days... I'm amazed at how hard this has been.

Sure, a lot of the big clubs have threads here... guess what 1000 pages is hard to weed through looking for a specific date that may or may not exist.

We're on RCtech. Perhaps it should be here. Maybe it already is... I dunno. I'm just ranting, and now that I've typed it all, I feel better. I still have 7 weeks open that we could go racing that I can't manage to fill, but I do feel better.

I just want to come out and play... That's all any of us want.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

it would be a long list- but +1

we actually do have it here. The racing section..

Over the past banpupnsdpa years i have been here.. i have posted many local races...
Old 12-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #3

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

you called it bob, have at it. make us proud (again)

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Bob
i understand your fustration, but here is something for you in NJ . . .

Sunday July 19 2009 East Coast Race of Champions (This is going to be our premier TC EVENT of the Summer)
Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I too would love to see a better "One Stop Shop" for racing schedules and specific info.

I like the threads in the racing forum where the races for the upcoming months are listed.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-magazine.html

Problem is, there is only a very small percentage of tracks that utilize this venue.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://rcsignup.com/
Old 12-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is where I try and follow some races that are around the Country. Every time I see a big race scheduled I post this link and tell them to sign up so more racer can find them. I posted it on the nitro section for the Florida races and no one ever post the events. I guess they don't want racers to find there race that don't already know about it.

http://www.rcsignup.com/index.cfm

Great site and it has a lot of racers on it.
Joe Maxey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
DOHHHHHHH you beat me to it........................
Joe Maxey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+2

I agree there is no central spot. RCTECH seems to have an international audience, or at least north American audience. Seems to me anyone thats into racing in Canada knows of RCTECH, for the life of me i don't recall how i found rctech back in 2002. But over the years i have seen rc tech as the place to go to. We get manufactures and factory drivers posting on here regularly. Also the site seems be be neutral or independent of any manufacutrer. In other words there is equal opportunity bashing going on here. You can poop on any brand without offending the the site operators.

I know being a part of a club, getting members is a never ending job of ours, exposure through the web is the only real free way of exposing our club to others. Seems that there is also a huge struggle to fit "Big races" on to the calendar these days with out conflicting with other races within out province or neighboring provinces. These days we even need to consider NY state when trying to draw a crowd to our races.

If only there could be a CENTRAL site where we could list our major and not so major races. ROAR is not the right place we dont all belong to ROAR... I Site that has a proper calendar data base that could be flexible enough to allow you to look at dates,locations,sponsors,clubs or what ever the criteria you require. Going to Fargo North Dakoda the last weekend of july? You race oval? Hit [email protected]#$%@#$%#.com to check out what races are going on that weekend and what classes. Maybe you can catch a race while in Fargo doing god knows what.

RCTECH to me has the power to pull off such a project, ill go out on an limb here and suggest that rctech is one of the more popular forums amongst RACERS.... Im on here daily as i am my own clubs web site.

A calendar like this if done right would alow me to type in 13.5 rubber sedan. and then pop up the 12month calandar showing me all the major events hosting that class. If i need to refine it a bit i could type in a range of months that im available..... And even specify country of province or state if needed.

Good topic
Old 12-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here's a thought if a trend were started in which RC Tech users began to edit there signature lines to include a race date or two that they plan to attend in the near future. These dates could be for the big shows like Snowbirds but more importantly the club level and regional level "big shows"

Since updates or "edits" to signatures are applied to even the oldest posts, this trend would flood literally ever post with info about upcoming races.

Im not suggesting that every poster should fill a page with their signature.

Maybe something like this,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bla Bla fake sponsor Bla Bla Bla, fake sponsor Bla Bla.
www.localtrackswebsite.com
Upcoming Event, The Novak Race January 8th - 11th 2009
Upcoming Event Regional Championships (wherever) sometime 2009
------------------------------------------------------------------------

mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Done-
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rc sign up is cool but its got bugs... i poste my trak
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This may be going somewhere.

I talked to somebody at Internet brands about this. They like the idea of a Calendar and have already discussed it a bit. They like the idea even more now that it seems they have found a sponsor for it... 'doh...

Here's a quick run down on how it might work. Go to the Calendar, click a date, then click a State or Province. It brings up the results. Seems pretty straight forward. They mentioned they would have to find a way to keep the spammers and random stupidity off of it, but the idea is sound, and there seems to be a need.

It's not so much a 'where to race' calendar, as a 'when to race' calendar.

Talk is cheap. The word I got is a "few months" to get this organized... You know how that goes.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer View Post
This may be going somewhere.

I talked to somebody at Internet brands about this. They like the idea of a Calendar and have already discussed it a bit. They like the idea even more now that it seems they have found a sponsor for it... 'doh...

Here's a quick run down on how it might work. Go to the Calendar, click a date, then click a State or Province. It brings up the results. Seems pretty straight forward. They mentioned they would have to find a way to keep the spammers and random stupidity off of it, but the idea is sound, and there seems to be a need.

It's not so much a 'where to race' calendar, as a 'when to race' calendar.

Talk is cheap. The word I got is a "few months" to get this organized... You know how that goes.
i can get something up in 2 days.. problem is getting it populated
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Lagace View Post
+2

I agree there is no central spot. RCTECH seems to have an international audience, or at least north American audience. Seems to me anyone thats into racing in Canada knows of RCTECH, for the life of me i don't recall how i found rctech back in 2002. But over the years i have seen rc tech as the place to go to. We get manufactures and factory drivers posting on here regularly. Also the site seems be be neutral or independent of any manufacutrer. In other words there is equal opportunity bashing going on here. You can poop on any brand without offending the the site operators.

I know being a part of a club, getting members is a never ending job of ours, exposure through the web is the only real free way of exposing our club to others. Seems that there is also a huge struggle to fit "Big races" on to the calendar these days with out conflicting with other races within out province or neighboring provinces. These days we even need to consider NY state when trying to draw a crowd to our races.

If only there could be a CENTRAL site where we could list our major and not so major races. ROAR is not the right place we dont all belong to ROAR... I Site that has a proper calendar data base that could be flexible enough to allow you to look at dates,locations,sponsors,clubs or what ever the criteria you require. Going to Fargo North Dakoda the last weekend of july? You race oval? Hit [email protected]#$%@#$%#.com to check out what races are going on that weekend and what classes. Maybe you can catch a race while in Fargo doing god knows what.

RCTECH to me has the power to pull off such a project, ill go out on an limb here and suggest that rctech is one of the more popular forums amongst RACERS.... Im on here daily as i am my own clubs web site.

A calendar like this if done right would alow me to type in 13.5 rubber sedan. and then pop up the 12month calandar showing me all the major events hosting that class. If i need to refine it a bit i could type in a range of months that im available..... And even specify country of province or state if needed.

Good topic
RCTech=Racers/733ts
RCU=Bashers/n00bs